June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »

@tarun_yadavA Cream Puff 5k? Where do you find these races? It sounds like it will definitely be a fun.

No run for me today, just enjoying reading all the posts :).

@Laurz9191 ummm didn't you run and get a big sausage at the end of one of yours? 😂
    (Sounds so wrong typing that! Lol !)

@quilteryoyo thank you! 😊
    No, not run it before... Been WI several times but never State Fair, or run there. First race of any kind since Marathon in Feb! (God, that feels so loooong ago now!)

• Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Yes, I did and it does ;). Somehow to my half German mind, cream puff seems way more exotic :).
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Laurz9191! I must have missed a sausage race but sounds intriguing :) I think there should be more food-themed races. The best we have around here is a Chocolate Challenge 5k, which I'm not against at all (although kind of melty in the summer).

@quilteryoyo sorry to hear you've been struggling with sinus issues. It's so tiring to have lingering issues where you don't feel well. Thanks for your good thoughts, too. I'll have another follow-up in 4 weeks so no running until then at least. I feel pretty good so it's getting harder to not do anything.

@Mari33a I agree that that is a great V02 max improvement. I think it's really hard to get higher than 40, at least it has been for me. Not sure how old you are but 42 is superior for women no matter what the age! I think I've been at 42 when I was in the best shape I've been in from marathon and Spartan training, but I can't remember it ever getting higher than that. I just looked and mine is 38 now, which I was guessing it might be even lower (and of course the accuracy of Garmin estimates is questionable and I especially wonder about it for me with not wearing the watch as much or recording activities lately). But regardless that's a great improvement along with your weight loss and you are doing fantastic!

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ashtonleigh12! Those lead leg runs are tough! Tell us a little about your running story.

@tarun_yadavA You're headed in the right direction, healing up and getting stronger. Keep plugging away and being smart in your recovery.

@Mari33a I agree with @chris_in_cal, you're doing awesome!

@Scott6255 I can't believe you did sped work in these dismal conditions. You're made of a tougher stock than I!

@kgirlhart These temps are nuts. When it happens in August, it's less of a shock but it somehow feels hotter when it happens in June.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Down I went.

D'oh, the ankle too. Get well soon.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I think I am just having sinus issues since it seems to be only one side of my nose that is stopped up and one eye watering.

That's too bad.

I'm a big big fan:

98h4v0arhlgi.png

But these are prophylactic...not so good once there are issues.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Ouch @martaindale 😳😞 97mph winds! That could have been a tornado 🌪️
    I guess it could have been worse. Take care!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks @katharmonic ! This morning I seem to be some better. So, fingers crossed it will last.

Ouch @martaindale . Showering probably wasn't fun either. That sounds like some storm and glad you didn't have any more damage than you did.

Thanks @chris_in_cal . I don't think I can use those...I've considered it, but I am not good with snot. LOL

@kgirlhart Seeing skunks would be scary. I'm wondering if the second one was a male pursuing a mate?
    Great running.

Nice recovery runs @tarun_yadavA . You are showing great restraint.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    June 1: Walk = 2.00 miles - trip to Hot Springs
    June 2: Wun/Walk = 2.00 miles - also mowed mom's lawn
    June 3: Walk = 2.00 miles - also mowed my lawn
    June 4: Walk = 2.00 miles
    June 5: Walk = 1.00 mile - Run = 2.25 miles - driveway laps
    June 6: Walk = 2.50 miles - Run = 2.00 miles - treadmill intervals plus tree debris for almost an hour
    June 7: Walk = 200 miles - treadmill
    June 8: Walk = 1.45 miles - Run = 1.80 miles - driveway laps
    June 9: Wun =2.25 miles - driveway laps
    June 10: Walk = 2.00 miles - Run = 1.50 miles - treadmill intervals
    June 11: Walk = 2.00 miles
    June 12: Walk = 1.45 miles - Run = 1.80 miles - driveway laps
    June 13: Walk - 1.58 miles - Run = 1.67 miles - around town during break at work
    June 14: Walk = 2.50 miles - Around town during my break at work
    June 15: Walk = 2.00 miles - Around town after work - doubles tennis for 2 hours
    June 16: Walk = 2.00 miles - treadmill after push mowing for 51 minutes
    June 17: Walk = 0.80 miles - Run = 0.45 miles - treadmill
    June 18: Walk = 2.00 miles - driveway laps
    June 19: Walk = 2.00 miles - treadmill - not feeling well
    June 20: Walk = 2.25 miles - treadmill
    June 21: Walk = 2.00 miles - Run = 1.50 miles - treadmill
    June 22: Walk = 3.00 miles - treadmill
    June 23: Wun/walk = 3.30 miles - treadmill

59.30/80 mile goal

I have felt much better today, but still tired and decided to take it easy. I mostly walked, but did run a couple of 0.3 miles and then another 0.15 mile at 4.2 mph. Total was 3.30 miles in 51:01 minutes for an avg pace of 15:27 min/mile. My avg HR was 104 with a max of 128 bpm.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running in those conditions @martaindale !

@polskagirl01 Cute hedgehog butts. :wink:

So glad to see you are able to run everyday again @tarun_yadavA . Also good to see that you are keeping it nice and easy for now. Have fun at your party tonight.

@Teresa502 That looks like a nice place to run, if it were level. Congrats on beating the other lady to the top of the hill. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I finally got caught up on sleep and jet lag and got out for a 5.5 mile run today. We’ve been doing a ton of walking and sightseeing. I’m in Lisbon - the city of hills.
    07hz6cd0nl51.jpeg. There was a matching hill to the left and a lady was running up it when I took this picture. I beat her to the top!

@Teresa502 ooohhh nice! Enjoy Portugal!

Make sure you get one of these in!!
    w95k2b9wxw57.png