What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Boxing/HIIT class this evening, don't get to make this class often so am glad when I did. Lots of squats alongside the boxing so a good full body workout.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My logging has been weak. I've been pretty active, but I have a slight tweak to (I think) an A4 pulley, which means my climbing has been poor.

My last session was on Wednesday, 3.5 hours. It was probably too long; I couldn't walk afterwards.

I started well; flashing a bunch of v3s in my warm up. But it went downhill from there very sharply. Fitbit reckoned it was 250 active minutes; so it was all a bit like hard work.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was upper body hypertrophy day in the weight room, today lower body hypertrophy day. Coming up is grocery shopping for a family of six, including two teenagers and two young adults, so pushing around the fully loaded cart should count as cardio (not to mention how much lighter my wallet will be after!).
  • mazengharz
    mazengharz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today I did basic cardio: interval walking - about 30 mins, 2.4 Kms; 3rd day of the 12-day Programme I am currently following.
    Plus: strength training- under one hour: back, shoulders, biceps, abs and forearms (one type of exercise for each)
    2 consecutive days of exercise!
    Tomorrow, Saturday, I will take a break from strength training (and resume on Sunday), but will do Day 4 of the Walking Programme I am following…towards 3 consecutive days!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    No workout yesterday. Both the Wednesday and Thursday learn-to-row classes were cancelled (air quality really bad), so I didn't do that. No workout at all Thursday, in fact.

Today, we were back on the river in slightly improved air conditions (AQI around 150 instead of around 250), still sticking with moderate intensity. Warm, humid, sunny, hazy (from the smoke). I rowed stroke in the quad for the usual - just under 7k.

Later, casual walk with a friend, still hazy, sunny, humid and hotter (around 85F). Just under 3 miles. No idea why, but something about that much-paused ramble caused Garmin to drop my walking "fitness age" another couple of years, now 28. 🤣 The knees definitely feel 67, gotta say. ;)
  • mazengharz
    Options
    Today I did a simple cardio exercise: steady pace walk, including a short warm up and, at the end, light stretching - 2.1Km and altogether about 30 mins. My calve muscles were sore because on Thursday I did some strength training exercise on those muscles (good sign)- so my pace was slower than usual.

I know it sounds like a light cardio: but it is my third consecutive day of exercise- broke my pattern of zero to two days a week, and want to keep the momentum.

Tomorrow: light cardio and strength training
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,269 Member
    Options
    I dragged out my whitewater canoe and joined some friends for a paddle trip. About twelve miles in about four hours. We stopped for lunch and one other time. Still, after kneeling that long, the last two miles were brutal on my knees. Mostly Class 2 with a couple small Class 3 rapids thrown in for good measure.

Nice weather.

We had one swim when a kayaker went into a bad place. Oops. Oh. We had another swim from an inflatable kayak, but she climbed right back in, and someone rescued her paddle.

I'm glad I remember how to paddle a whitewater canoe. It's harder than a whitewater kayak, and it's tons o' fun.
  • laurachambers86
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Nothing yesterday due to work commitments, spent about 8 hours in my car, horrible way to spend the day in my book!

Today was boxing class, but usual instructor wasn't there and didn't enjoy it as much as it was much slower paced. Will get some yin yoga stretching in later.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Fun morning, if a bit warm/humid: We had a coached row, with the coach of the university's club team. He's a good coach.

I rowed bow in the quad (harder than usual with all the boats on the water, while doing drills). In the coached group were also a double and two singles. All of us tended to be rowing near one another loosely in "lanes" Also on the water were 3 singles with newer, less skilled rowers in 2 of them, and one of our club's learn-to-row coaches in the 3rd (usually not mixed in with us, except when passing). That, and a couple of recreational power boats meandering around (probably cross with us for taking up so much river width, TBH).

Row was longer than usual, a bit over 10k, a mix of varied pause drills and timed pieces with target ratings (ratings = stroke per minute). Very useful.
  • mazengharz
    Options
    Today, 2 July, I did some basic cardio- Progression walking, over 2.5Km, under 30 mins - plus strength training: chest, shoulders, legs, abs & glutes. Tomorrow will take a break from strength training but will try to do another day of basic walking cardio...
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Not much today, did some ground work with my share horse so lots of walking. Did a few dumbbell exercises when I got home too.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I went diving this weekend. It was OK.

The second dive was the British Inventor, a wreck in about 20 metres. I drove the boat, and nailed the shot which was right on the wreck.

It was a nice dive at the start with loads of life. My buddy was a bit less experienced, and he wanted to blob up. It took him a while; I picked up two minute's deco while he did his thing. He decided to be 2 metres above me during this, for some reason. That made it really hard for me to see what was happening. He got into a bit of flap, and started to ascend really quickly.

When I reached the deco stop, I couldn't see him. He finned down and came into view, clearly very uncomfortable. I didn't understand the issue, so I tried to hand him my reg (I thought he may be out of air .) This wasn't the issue (it turned out he couldn't dump from his drysuit; but I have no idea what the signal for that is or how to solve it.) Whilst this was happening, we bobbed above the ceiling for my deco stop.

I spotted and quickly went back down. He vanished again. I normally like to do a 5 minute safety stop after deco, with a very slow ascent. But I was worried he wouldn't be at the surface, so I only did 1 minute.

He was at the surface, and fortunately fine. Fortunately, I was fine as well with no bendy symptoms.

After this fun, I tried charging my car which failed at 8 different chargers. My car seems to have a new fault.

I decided not to dive on Sunday, so I tried a slow AC charger. This worked, so I did a 10 mile walk whilst getting enough electricity to get home. ( I will have a parking ticket from this, as it was 90 minutes maximum at the car park in question.)

I then went climbing when I got home. It took a while to get going, but it turned into a decent session, with very many v3s and 3 v4s.
  • Ernest_Nigma
    Ernest_Nigma Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The day started, as usual, with 15 minutes or so on an elliptical trainer watching the news on TV.

Finally back at it this evening for another restart. 2.4 km on a 200m indoor running track. I tried something different as I walked the 50m end curves and ran the 50m straights, almost sprinting really. It felt good and the watch recorded a progressively climbing sawtooth heart rate pattern so I was working even with the walks. It also felt like I could keep going but I'm just getting back to running after a long time off so I didn't want to push it. Did some stretching after a short walking cool down too.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    30 minute home workout this morning focusing on arms and core. 45 minute spin class this evening plus a 40ish minute walk.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Same ol', same ol': Bridge to bridge in the quad, this time in three seat (right behind - bow-ward of - stroke rower). Muggy again and moderately hot, especially once full sun arrived. We did a few pause drills (as in Saturday's coached session, but on our own), then some power 10s (interval effort stuff).

The very delicious cannoli I had with my post-row skim latte wiped out the exercise calories and more, but was worth it.