Options

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,358 Member
    Options
    Goals for July *in force after vacation 7/13/2023
    Self-care and positive vibes ~ One day at a time
    Zig-zag calorie count - Daily Average 1400
    Success = No more than two glasses of wine per night.

Current Streak - AF = 0~

7/7 ~ Currently on vacation and just enjoying myself. I am continuing (for the most part) to fast and then being mindful of eat and drink, but not saying no!!

Success Days #
    Bonus Days #

AF = 0
    A = 7

@missmay ~ I'm late getting to the group this morning but wanted to thank you for sharing your story. Sorry for the loss of your brother and your 1st husband.

@joans1976 ~ So glad to see you back with the group!! Remember, we are here for you to help you get through those tough times....

gotta run...catch up with the rest of you.

The Month recap to stay accountable

7/1 ~A

7/2 ~A

7/3 ~ Husband made a red, white and blue drink for the 4th. It was good but too sweet at the bottom (grenadine)

7/4 ~ A Pre vacation celebration - went out to dinner to keep from dirtying the kitchen

7/5 ~ Travel Day and went to the Diamonds baseball game. Had a little encounter while entering the game which put me in the funk and in the mood to drink! Long story short. I have a small purse that I take to the games with me. They decided it was too big and I had to store it in a locker for $10.00. I bought this purse in Italy as a souvenir and loved it, otherwise I would have just tossed it to avoid the inconvenience. What made me so mad though was once I was in the park - I saw ladies with bags larger than what i had. That set me off....

7/6

My 2023 Stats...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 27%
    A = 73%
    July
    AF = 0
    A = 100
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Met my goal! Didn’t drink on the golf course, and only one glass of wine at dinner! Holy cow was it hot! Didn’t play great but since I haven’t picked up a golf club in two months, it could have been much worse.

Have a great weekend!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8

You went on vacation...and there was snow?
    Enquiring minds (me) want to know! Where did you go, and do you have photos to share?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Thursday July 06 - AF - The beginning of working 10 days straight, so AF is in order.
    Friday July 07 - AF - My Sunday shift has been reduced to 3 hours starting at noon, so I may have drinks Saturday night.

Rolling total: 3AF days out of 7 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Planning to get into the garden a bit and clean the house today - temps are going to be in my favor.

DH is away so that wonderful distraction is gone for a few days :). This weekend I also would like to finish a book, get to a studio class at my gym, and make sheet pan meals with brussels, sweet potatoes, cubed chicken breasts, colored carrots, and zucchini for three dinners. I can keep the kitchen clean the whole time while he is away, and also eat healthy.

July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 5
    A - 2
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @Michieb125 ..sheet pan dinners are the BEST !! Slices of plum or apple go so well with sweet potatoes & brussels...multi colored sweet peppers & thick slices of onion ...asparagus spears coated with lemon infused olive oil...broccoli or cauliflower with just a little char...Hmmm, planning tomorrow's dinner.

Discovered that ALDI's now has baked lemon ricotta [probably for only a short time]. Middle Daughter & I got some specialty crackers, a bottle of pinot grigio , pears, and stripped my black raspberry bushes ...well worth ditching the AF for an evening. No guilt, a fun time was had by all under the apple trees.

Now back to sobertown. And, NO, I don't drink to get "tipsy" , I just like the taste of wine. And I DON'T like the feeling of losing control that comes with overindulgence. It's the "snackarama" that follows a few extra glasses that annoys me. A home made mini pita pizza with sausage & black olives & mozzarella...then the leftover [cold] bacon
    mac&cheese from 2 days ago...and then the teriyaki chicken that was supposed to top tomorrow's green lunch salad...and then....can we say "AMEN"?

July 6 AF
    2 A 🍷🍷/🍷🍷
    Stay stronger than me.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @MissMay ...making me miss South Florida, and my Southern Maryland beach life. If I live long enough I'll join Eldest Daughter & SIL on Little Deer Isle in Maine when they retire. Just an apple toss from the water.
    Your non-alcoholic drinks are making me gain 10 pounds just looking at them...So yummy .
    Sad that you are now back to being the chauffeur for your family unit, but probably best there is no liqueur store job.

Daily visits from deer to nibble on the fallen apples and bunches of ivy. Wishing that my favorite doe feeds well and brings her fawns back to play in my yard later. She taught her last twins how to jump fences in my yard last year..but they were slow learners and I thought I was going to have to babysit them for weeks until they learned how to leap out...
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Sheet pan dinner was delicious and filling with all the colorful root and cruciferous veggies. Will experiment with fruit combinations tomorrow @forestdweller1 - I lean toward savory flavors but the delicate pairing of sweetness sounds even better!

I cleaned like a bandit yesterday and was so tired last night lol. Had a Stella NA 00 with dinner. Today, I might go shopping, get out for a swim in the pool, and/or read later. Sunday evenings are typically for relaxing or piddling in the backyard and one of my planned A days of the week.

May we all make good choices today whatever that looks like - and be kind to ourselves.

AF - 6
    A - 2
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Thursday July 06 - AF - The beginning of working 10 days straight, so AF is in order.
    Friday July 07 - AF - My Sunday shift has been reduced to 3 hours starting at noon, so I may have drinks Saturday night.
    Saturday July 08 - 2 drinks. Poured a third and took a sip and put it into the freezer, it would have been too much. Quite enjoyed the flavour and the buzz. Planning AF now until Saturday.

Rolling total: 3AF days out of 8 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, quick check in for accountability

I popped open those watermelon mint canned drinks that only have 2.5% alcohol. OMG so refreshing and so beautiful in my tall stem ware(its all about the glass) that counted as A day one on Friday.

Then Sunday I had a measured one shot of anniversary issued Woodrord Reserve bourbon. It was issued in honor of the 50th year since Secretariat had won the triple crown horse race. The one shot went into a rocks glass with ice and filled with sweet iced tea garnished with madarin oranges on a decorative skewer.

July accountability:
    2 alcohol drinks days
    7 non alcohol days

Will catch up more later.
    SLAYyour Monday goals!

f64zkl6sm3z7.jpg
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Saturday July 08 - 2 drinks. Poured a third and took a sip and put it into the freezer, it would have been too much. Quite enjoyed the flavour and the buzz. Planning AF now until Saturday.
    Sunday July 09 - AF - Time to rack up some AF days!

Rolling total: 4AF days out of 9 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    4 A and 6 AF
  • Womona
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Hello my LA friends!

DH is still gone on a trip and I am loving that I can keep the house clean lol. But for accountability here I go….I had my planned white wine last night (2 nice glasses) which should have been quite enough, but the devil 👿, or my own liaise faire attitude 🤩 got me to open some proseco with a late night movie and popcorn. I paid the price with indigestion later (TMI) which I haven’t had in years. Oh boy, releasing that stupidity right now and moving on to my planned AF days this week.
    Thanks for being here - let’s make it a great Monday!

AF - 6
    A - 3

My house is always so much cleaner when I’m the only one here! Haha! Totally hear you. As for alcohol, we’ll today is a new day.
  • Womona
    Options
    AF yesterday, and one glass of wine with dinner tonight. Off to bed! Hope everyone has a great week.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Monday July 10 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but needed to get to at least 50% A to AF days, so didn't.

Rolling total: 5AF days out of 10 days.