The simple reason why over 90% of dieters regain lost weight

Options
13»

Replies

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Do you know she's not? Again, not uncommon for people who embark on a diet to really not know what to eat. We get questions all the time here from people asking what they can eat on keto. And I didn't specify that keto was the only elimination diet. I just said it is. And while yes eliminating some foods in people diets will save them, eliminating too much can do the opposite.

I have been on a diet for most of my life. I read and I have advanced degrees. So, your pigeonholing of me, a dumb hick, is not correct. My day is a lot like this one. No, I haven't had lasagna every day of the week. Variety is the spice of life.

Breakfast: Matcha tea latte, two eggs scrambled with spinach, bell peppers, and cheese.

Lunch: Paninos, spinach salad with strawberries with a poppyseed dressing.

Dinner: 2 servings of lasagna in meat and vegetable sauce (spinach, squash, mushrooms)

Snack: Nuts, beef jerky, cheese, 365 Double-Feature trail mix

I take vitamins, water, or zero-calorie Gatorade.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options

mnhughes22 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    mnhughes22 wrote: »
    I'm not a certified anything and I don't want to sound like a spokesperson here but, has anyone heard of the PH Balancer from Mother Earth Labs?

I had to deal with some medical issues that caused a lot of changes in my life. During all that, I also changed up my diet and some routines but I was still feeling a little sluggish and dealt with a lot of inflammationg and such. I went to see a dietician and they recommended the PH Balancer.

I won't lie, the liquid form is not in any way shape or form tasty, but it is potent. It's made with organic foods and herbs and minerals and such. It was amazingly helpful to me when I was going through everything and really helped fill in some of the gaps that I had from my diet and regular daily vitamins.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it's at least worth a look-see to check it out and talk it over with your doctor and/or nutritionist.
    pH balancer is deceptive because your body regulates pH consistently because any small shift one way or the other can be dangerous for the body. That's why things like "alkaline water" or "alkaline diets" are BS.
    Just another way for companies to "scare" you and have them purchase products based on psuedoscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I never took it because of the "PH" factor. My nutritionist recommended it because of the micronutrients in it and the way it helped with my inflammation. Also, I will totally accept the fact that it's not for everyone.

I also never thought of it as a quick fix to anything. I did a lot of changes to my diet and daily routines to build new healthy habits, this just helped fill in a few of the gaps. I will also admit that at the time they put me on this I was dealing with brain tumors (about golf ball size) that had basically killed my pituitary glad so, everything in my entire system was WAY outta whack. I didn't even know a product like this existed and I ONLY started taking it after consulting with both my doctor and my certified nutritionist.
    Good to know. If it's for the vitamins and minerals then supplementation for possible shortages in RDA

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Do you know she's not? Again, not uncommon for people who embark on a diet to really not know what to eat. We get questions all the time here from people asking what they can eat on keto. And I didn't specify that keto was the only elimination diet. I just said it is. And while yes eliminating some foods in people diets will save them, eliminating too much can do the opposite.

I have been on a diet for most of my life. I read and I have advanced degrees. So, your pigeonholing of me, a dumb hick, is not correct. My day is a lot like this one. No, I haven't had lasagna every day of the week. Variety is the spice of life.

Breakfast: Matcha tea latte, two eggs scrambled with spinach, bell peppers, and cheese.

Lunch: Paninos, spinach salad with strawberries with a poppyseed dressing.

Dinner: 2 servings of lasagna in meat and vegetable sauce (spinach, squash, mushrooms)

Snack: Nuts, beef jerky, cheese, 365 Double-Feature trail mix

I take vitamins, water, or zero-calorie Gatorade.

I don't think anyone really said any of those things. All he said was it's not uncommon for people embarking on a diet to not know what exactly to eat. We see many people on here eating in ways that are... not what would generally be considered healthy, to say the least. Is that you? Maybe, maybe not. Only you get to decide that for yourself. They're trying to give general advice to someone they don't know who asked for advice. It's best not to take it personally. If you want personalized advice, I would recommend asking for advice from people who know you personally... or give detailed personal information when asking.
  • candylilacs
    Options

What about minerals and other vitamins that aren't provided if you're only doing keto?

vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B7, vitamin B12, calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus to name a few.

Also, are you saying that you'll never have over 25 grams of carbs in your diet daily with the exception of an indulge here and there. And how long have you been doing this?

I don’t take this personally? You do know this is personal, right? 🤭

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options

What about minerals and other vitamins that aren't provided if you're only doing keto?

vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B7, vitamin B12, calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus to name a few.

Also, are you saying that you'll never have over 25 grams of carbs in your diet daily with the exception of an indulge here and there. And how long have you been doing this?

I don’t take this personally? You do know this is personal, right? 🤭

No, I don't think it's personal. He's talking about the keto diet in general, not just you specifically. You can choose to take it personally, but does that really help you on any way?
  • candylilacs
    Options
    You know it is personal. Adieu! :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    You know it is personal. Adieu! :D
    Never personal for me. I've been at this too long. It's just inquiry and hopefully others that read and may be doing elimination diets will make sure they are getting in enough nutrients daily.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png