July 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    Very wet run last night but still good. My glutes or bottom was hurting for the whole run because I had a Thai massage yesterday afternoon. I needed to loosen out my shoulders and neck and she worked on the tightness in my hips too. I feeling very tender today all over and have some bruises coming out but everything feels looser so all good.

04/07 3.60 miles
    05/07 3.60 miles
    06/07 3.65 miles
    08/07 3.65 miles
    11/07 3.09 miles

17.59/50 miles
    exercise.png

I'm enjoying the brunch talk. It's not a thing here in Ireland, all day breakfasts are more likely. In the summer of 1996 I worked in a hotel on Nantucket as a Receptionist and brunch was a huge thing. A 3-4 foot ice-sculpture used to be wheeled in very Sunday morning for it.

@Mari33a hi! Irish fry-ups... Potato bread! 🤤🤤
    Gamechanger....

(Don't care much for Baked Beans... Though 'full English' nor any kind lol)
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @quilteryoyo loving the Florida pics! 😊
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @SummerSkier well done on crossing 800M for the year so far!
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 388 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I haven’t had time to post my latest runs or comment on the Pop Tart/wind chime convo ;). I got 8.1km in on the 12th and 10.3km on the 13th. The weather was ideal both days. Tomorrow is supposed to get really hot again, so fingers crossed I can get a run in before my energy is zapped away. One week countdown to California :). So far for July 71.8/150km.

@TheMrWobbly Congrats on getting a spot in the London Marathon. Good luck preparing :)! You can do it!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Oh and on the windchimes... there are a lot of them. Most are OK, and one is supposed to be a reminder of my deceased grandmother, but I'm not sure which one, so will definitely take the glove back off of the one that bothers me before they come back. It's kind of a medium size, but the notes don't make a nice musical sound to me and it feels like pointless noise. I can handle the smaller ones, although I prefer sounds of nature.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,256 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    One week countdown to California :).

Predictions are for 55°C on Sunday here in ol' California (130℉), but that is in Death Valley. It'll be 23°C and fair along the coast.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,010 Member
    Options
    Great running @Laurz9191 ! Enjoy California!

Sorry it is still a rollercoaster for you @polskagirl01 . I hope that the highs and lows start to level out soon. Love your restful day.

Still not enough time to post my runs, but I'm doing more than I expected to do while here, so I'm happy. I'll try to catch up on that post soon.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Hi all,
    Got in a 10K (09"14)...
    @Laurz9191 moderation-shmoderation... Lol

PS: agree with you... American salty stuff wayyy better than American chocolate/candy