WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate good communication.

Meditation: daily.25/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month. Emotionally and physically feeling better otherwise.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5989, 6411, 5736,7180,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 3/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 153/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)63/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 17/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 26/12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 7/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today. Missed posting this yesterday. So today I am looking forward to my therapy session.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Will do!
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground. Will meditate today to help me do this.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. I really need to do this today. Did not do this. Had a bad day all around yesterday.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today. I will try.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture. Trying to see my son’s decisions through his eyes.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them. I did not do this.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation. My son is bonding with his uncle and grandmother.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”. I will try to remember to do this. Write them in my journal.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation. I worked on this. I also learned a breathing technique to help.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head. I do this every day, but the triple digit heat is preventing it.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step. I have to think about this.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts. Controlled breathing helped here.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today. I use tenacity often so expect to use it here.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter. I will try!
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. I need to really remember this!
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself. I will definitely try.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life. Therapy, someone to talk to, long walks alone all help me through tough times, medication as well.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down. 1. I hope my son makes good decisions. 2. I am hopeful that I will find the right place to retire. 3. I am hopeful that I will be able to visit family very soon.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time. I won’t dwell on things or situations that happen causing me bad feelings.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong. My son has admitted his situation is his own fault.
    25. Notice when you are being judgmental and be kind instead. I will be aware of judging and simply accept.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath. I am teaching myself to do this through my meditations.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard). 1. My family 2. I have a roof over my head 3. More than enough food to eat.
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem. My son is the biggest problem I’ve had lately. I need to accept that he is making the bad choices knowingly and I can’t do anything about them.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right. We could have a good Saturday without police or ambulances having to show up.
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    Pork and cider stew excellent. I have just put one left over portion in the freezer for when I am out one evening.

Watched a French detective series. It's not bad, and it's in French! Seen three of them so far. DH likes them, so that's a bonus.
    Now I've left him downstairs with his recorded Ashes cricket highlights. :D

Another quiet day tomorrow. I hope to chat with G.

The evening is absolutely beautiful from my bedroom window; clear sky, the palm tree fronds just waving gently, but next week is supposed to rain. DH may not be able to go to one day cricket on Tuesday. Boo!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family - 2hrs 2min 27sec, 97elev, 3.02ap, 81ahr, 105mhr, 6.13mi= 568c
    Strava app = 751c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 1hr 30min 10sec, 1617elev, 123aw, 16.7amph, 115ahr, 136mhr, 25.04mi= 561c
    Strava app= 636c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 30min 15sec, 1620elev, 123aw, 57arpm, 16.67amph, 25.1mi= 636c

Total cal 1129
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,442 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Shopping wears me OUT. But done for now. Since we got back at 1 pm, Corey's got out, mowed the lawn around the house, picked his fresh stuff from the garden, and is now in the kitchen cutting up tomatoes and onions and peppers for salsa he's canning, and once that's cooking, cutting up cucumbers for pickles that he's fermenting. Then he'll bottle his latest three gallons of IPA beer. It should be ready to drink when son John and Soraya come to visit in about four weeks. I'm eating a lime popsicle and watching Midsomer Murders.

He's making breakfast for dinner, and then we'll be streaming Good Omens Season 1 for the next couple weeks to remember all the characters. Then we'll go on to the new Season 2, which just dropped on Prime. One of the few shows we both like.

Kels called while I was getting my glasses ordered, so talked to her dad instead. She told him, too, she still can't shake the memories of that CPR event. The more she talks it over with us, the more she'll heal. Such events have ripples even years later sometimes, bless her. Still encouraging her to get counseling. Healthy healing is more lasting.

Allie - Thanks for the update on Carmine, even if it's not what you would wish. :( There are no easy answers, but this time will pass. Many hugs for you all.

Corey's cooking breakfast for dinner. Chicken breakfast sausages he bought today, made with Hatch chiles and cheese. And bacon for me, if I don't like 'em. :smiley: Because he's met me... cooked for me for 14 years, and still somehow believes I'm going to like sausages with chiles in them. I married an optimist of no small proportions.

Shower time,
    Much love from scorchy Arkansas,
    Lisa

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,223 Member
    Options
    Aw rats! Just caught up and had written some comments, but blast if I didn’t hit something on my screen and wipe it all out. Too tired to rewrite it again.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏 🙏 🙏 to whoever needs wants them

Miele faulted to our new ladies.

Tomorrow is another day. See you then.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    edited July 2023
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Pip-it is good of you to help your great niece. Even if it doesn't take this time-you are planting seeds. Are projects ever really done?
    Debbie-I think what you and your husband do for the animals is great-I just don't think I could help them all like you do-but I wouldn't want to hurt them either!
    Tracey-nice dragon. Congrats on financial aid.
    Rebecca-sometimes all we can do is love and listen.
    Barbie-glad you ventured out and learned somethings.
    Heather-I really like your last painting.
    Rita-Wickett does have the same distinctive markings of a skunk. Glad DH figured that one out!
    Tina-good luck on mission trip.
    Kim-way too much hospitality for me!
    Sue-way to go getting paid for something you needed to do anyway!
    Lisa-you are making good progress on projects. Your energy sounds much better!
    Allie-glad you feel well enough to go out. Be careful not to overdo. Prayers for Carmine.

Productive day around the house. Must have caught some of Lisa's energy. Had nice 4 mile walk this am after some horrific thunder storms. Got shopping done, fridge cleaned out, laundry in the dryer.

Health stuff:
    Neck CT results show nothing. Ct of chest results not yet in (figures they would be delayed when I bragged on them!). My doctor did see the scans but he is waiting for radiologist interpretation to check on rib area stuff the was on MRI that they weren't sure about. Since the tumor marker (tg) is stable for the last three bloodwork's they are not expecting anything big but he wants the expert's opinion. I did arrange for gene testing on my last tumor sample to determine baseline for possible targeted therapy in the future. Told them I just wanted information to be a part of my playbook.

I have wanted to change up my thyroid medication for several years. They have given me synthroid (T4) for the last nearly 27 years at levels to suppress possible tumor growth (ok, so it isn't 100% effective). There is a school of thought out there that T3 can be added and help deal with some of the obnoxious side effects. In essence you can be "wired-tired", which means hypo and hyper thyroid at the same time. Muscles aches, joint issues, fatigue, insomnia and other things (which is why those of us with thyroid cancer don't appreciate hearing "it's the good cancer." It may typically not be as deadly, which is good, but it does not mean it does not have significant, ongoing downsides. Since Synthroid has had such a stranglehold on all things thyroid, they have told doctors they are all we need. There has been a quiet patient revolt taking place as people get more educated. At this visit, his PA and I finally got my doc to let me try adding T3. We have to lowery T4 dose and slowly add T3 in. All of this will most likely be meaningless to you-but if you have ever had to go toe to toe for your medical stuff, you may appreciate the fight. It may make no difference but at least I will know. Many people don't have any problems with straight T4, and I didn't for several years. Anything I feel today is not doubt placebo-but I for sure do not feel worse!

Need to go get stuff out of dryer. Have a good rest of the day (or night).

Take care,

Ginny in Ohio

I think I will give her valuable information. Someone is going to drop her off tomorrow evening and Monday morning, we start. The guess bedroom is already ready.we will see how long she lasts.

Projects I guess are never done. We hired some guy ro redo our back gate and side wall. Of course there will be pics. Then we are having another guy put in a new plug in the back patio so we would have to run an extension cord under the back mat for the fountain
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I must get back to cleaning away clutter. I have a storage room over the garage that needs attention,
    and the room where we kept my husband's medical supplies and my husband's bureau is packed. I plan to keep his shirts! I always liked him in his colored shirts!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

If you quilt or know someone who does, I've seen some nice "memory quilts" done out of shirts.

2x2yy5nzsosb.png
    13wilrs8h0au.png

Machka in Oz

I love those quilts- I wanted to make something out of my dad's shirts but mom wanted to give them away to people who would wear them. She did say that she kept the shirt I made for him.

Debbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Pool temp is 90! Guess the air temp being 98 has something to do with it

Debbie – were they cling free peaches? That’s the kind I like the best. You get that refund!

My Waterpik broke last night so I ordered a new one from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow

Tracey – yes, MFP used to have some sort of tickler. I never used one, but I know they were very popular with some people. Yea, your loan was approved! Lovely dragon

Lisa – it can be so frustrating that guys can make little changes and lose weight. Women? Nope

Almost a year ago I gave a woman these pieces that I found at MIL’s condo to quilt (I hate quilting). Well, I haven’t heard back from her so I called thinking that she lost my contact information. Nope, today she called to see if I was partial to a color between each of the blocks. Nope. I’m leaving it to her. At least this is getting done.

Barbie – skunk in the house??? Ewwww

Kayne – good luck with the surgery

M- which brand of headphones did you get?

Rita – Wicket...lol

Marcia – hey, we own a condo in Titusville! Small world. Pelican Point. Keep coming back here so we can stay in touch. Never thought I’d meet someone from Titusville! How long have you lived in Titusville? My in-laws moved down there in the 70’s so we’ve been going there for about 50 years. Just not lived there

No work tomorrow so the plan is to do a Lisa Welchel Everyday Workout for Every Woman. This is a new one for me

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll get my walk in today. It really started raining and now it’s just too dark

Rebecca – love Athena’s snake. I usually hate snakes, but this one is so cute

Michele NC