LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options
14567810»

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @Michieb125

The sweet pup of which you speak. Photos please!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Friday July 28 - Drinks. Not planned. I had taken some of the cans of Tempo Gin Smashes and Mike's to a girl that I work with at the restaurant. When I do the demos I buy the product and the company reimburses me, so what ever is left over is mine. I don't usually drink/buy mixed drinks like that since when I do drink I prefer to make my own cocktails, so I give it away. She is not a drinker at all, I gave her one a couple of months ago (Mike's Orange Cream) and finally her son drank it after she had left it in her fridge for so long. I told her that I would bring her more after my split break. At the end of the night she asked me to split one with her! I did. Tempo Strawberry Lemon. Of course when I came home I had a couple more drinks since it was no longer going to be an AF day. Turns out I am working yet another split on Sunday, so no days off for me just yet. I actually am okay with it. Better to work a split at the restaurant than to work 2 separate jobs in one day, plus the cash money from the restaurant is all mine, no deductions. Late restaurant opening on Saturdays and Sundays (noon), so I will have time this morning to go and poke around the Farmer's Market that is a block away from me and starts at 10am.
    Not sure if I will get any more AF days for the month, but if I don't I am okay with 18.

Rolling total: 18AF days out of 28 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I reviewed my diary this morning and can see how sticking with LA is truly a choice and requires finding alternative ways to curb my old habit for wine. And, mindfully planning ahead when I can (but yes there are the curve balls in life that trigger). Way to go @tmbg1 on finding yours in a challenging time with your son. I know when my (adult) kids struggle, I do too.

Will enjoy an icy cold mocktail with plenty of club soda and 2 oz.. of Margarita mix tonight with our burger cookout tonight.
    Claiming AF until August!

July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 18
    A - 10 (2 glasses max)
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm still following along with everyone's post, just don't have a lot of time to post myself. July is going ok, I am 16 AF/28 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Better day today. Got some swimming in, had a nice Thai dinner and 1 serving of sake. I know sake goes with Japanese food but oh well. At least I didn't bring home a bottle of wine.

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    11 A and 19 AF - Can't believe July is almost over!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Last day of July, I cannot believe it. Time goes by so fast, despite my efforts to try to savor every day.

Other than my tennis drill, I missed all of my workouts last week, and it’s shows on the creeping-up scale. That and two drinks each day did not help! Plus, I haven’t been sleeping all that well. Back at my normal routine this morning Operation Muscle Mass resumes!

Hope everyone has a great day, and the strength and motivation to meet whatever challenges crop up.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy We will miss you on the forums tons but I totally get it with time management! You do A LOT. Will always be glad to see you pop in.
    @Michieb125 I hear ya'. My kids are all adults, too. It's really hard when you see them hit a bump in the road or struggling. @tmbg1 Best to you and your DS, and ditto to what @Michieb125 said about creating new pathways with trigger situations. I also make better choices when the bad choices are just not in the house.
    @womona I'm right with you on scale creep. Nothing out of the ordinary, just more quantity than I need and eventually it shows on the scale. My new year goal was to take a chill pill about scale weight and to find a way maintain with a little less effort. I guess that is what this looks like. At least on the lower effort, part. :D

Another fun LA discovery this weekend.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1024325-tinto-de-verano
    This is a fancy recipe, whereas the more traditional is equal parts citrus soda and red wine with a squeeze of lime. I used Fresca (because I like it and because calories). Very enjoyable and LA (not AF).
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hello all LA friends:

Already the last day of July!

Although I did have one ‘extra day’ of wine than I had planned in the month, I kept to my limits better than I did in May and June.

@dawnbgethealthy will miss you while you pause here and take some extra time to yourself. Totally understandable!

@ahoy_m8 yes, I have also noticed better choices happen when bad ones aren’t in the house.

@RockinRobyn672 so great to see you here again!

@Womona I think there are seasons of our lives where motivation comes easier than others. Would love to hear more about Operation Muscle Mass!

@MissMay thank you for keeping us going on this wonderful Less Alcohol thread and all your motivational posts.

Everyone, be good to yourself today - looking forward to tuning the calendar month tomorrow!

July goal: 21-22 AF days
    Actual: AF - 20 days / 31 days
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    11 A and 20 AF - I started out a bit rocky but finished strong!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Finished up 11 NA/ 20 A but wasn't paying too much attention earlier this month- August starts out with a trip to Florida but once that's past, lots of time to focus on my goals!

New day new month for you. Are you coming to visit ME?? LOL. I am in the panhandle of Florida.
    Go grab August by the horns.
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Final post for July, 18 AF/31. Need to work on having fewer drinks on A days but happy with this.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Last day of July, I cannot believe it. Time goes by so fast, despite my efforts to try to savor every day.

Other than my tennis drill, I missed all of my workouts last week, and it’s shows on the creeping-up scale. That and two drinks each day did not help! Plus, I haven’t been sleeping all that well. Back at my normal routine this morning Operation Muscle Mass resumes!

Hope everyone has a great day, and the strength and motivation to meet whatever challenges crop up.

@Womona - My whole month of July was similar (less working out + more alcohol = weight gained). I'm resolving to change that equation for August.