Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Well girls that's another week down,
    Good luck to all for the weigh in tomorrow,
    Today is day 7 of the 30DS for me, it's tough but by day 5 i could see some body changes, i measured day 1 so i'll up date you all on day 30.
    So that's the first time i have reached my exercise goal

Great to see some of the Plateaus have been broken this week. i'll know when i hit mine to be strong and keep going.

Can i ask your opinion on logging housework in the exercise tool. I have not being doing it, a well, its what i was always doing when i was gaining weight..
    MFP reckons i need 1800 cal to lead my lifestyle, i'm sure that doing the ironing must be calculated into the figure.
    A couple of week ago i did a mad in temper deep cleaning day, which would be a rare event and i logged that, it made me laugh as it calculated over 1200 cal for 4 hours. so i have not put these activities in again.

Goals for the coming week 7 day's exercise, get to bed early.

see you all in the morning.
    sam

I have my activity level set to sedentary and I sometimes add in cleaning and even cooking into my calories burned. I don't do enough cleaning. I have friends that use this alot due to their situation and lose quite well. However I do do alot of exercise. That is probably alot more normal an activity for me. I think that you need to see what works for you and if logging it in works good if it doesn't don't. I know that is why you are asking to get advice on what works. Last week I was ill and cleaning was the only burn I had that week and after being inactive it was probably actually a small burn so I logged it. I knew I had a low calorie goal and a large enough deficit to deal with it. So I play it by ear.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Gwen sorry to hear about your back. Looks like great progress to me otherwise :flowerforyou: .

Kristel Congrats on the weight loss and good job with the water :drinker: . I can so relate to the sleep issue. I like to read too. I have been pushing my bed time too much as well :yawn: . With the school year I am hoping that the whole family has a better schedule. I love Aquafit too and usually my club even has it on holidays but right now they closed the pool for maintenance :grumble: . Enjoy your session.:smile:
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Can i ask your opinion on logging housework in the exercise tool. I have not being doing it, a well, its what i was always doing when i was gaining weight..
    MFP reckons i need 1800 cal to lead my lifestyle, i'm sure that doing the ironing must be calculated into the figure.
    A couple of week ago i did a mad in temper deep cleaning day, which would be a rare event and i logged that, it made me laugh as it calculated over 1200 cal for 4 hours. so i have not put these activities in again.

I have my activity level set to sedentary and I sometimes add in cleaning and even cooking into my calories burned. I don't do enough cleaning. I have friends that use this alot due to their situation and lose quite well. However I do do alot of exercise. That is probably alot more normal an activity for me. I think that you need to see what works for you and if logging it in works good if it doesn't don't. I know that is why you are asking to get advice on what works. Last week I was ill and cleaning was the only burn I had that week and after being inactive it was probably actually a small burn so I logged it. I knew I had a low calorie goal and a large enough deficit to deal with it. So I play it by ear.
    Thanks keria & beth,
    I think i need to clarify myself, i don't want or feel the need to use my household chores to top up my exercise calorie burn, i had a news feed today from someone that burnt almost 300 cal doing the ironing, i just thought it was a bit strange because well in my home anyway it's something that has always been done, even when i was fatter. so it was part of my activity level (before starting this journey ) which i have also set at sedentary as the description said desk based job.
    Well guess what i have to go and do the ironing or the kids will have no uniforms for school tomorrow.
    Thanks for the feedback, and yes everyone should do what ever works for them, i might have to start some serious cleaning for some extra burn.
    Sam

just found this thread, it explains it all.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are not feeling well Sabrina. I just am getting over something now. We all need vacations and usually when we gain on them it comes right off. Water works well for helping with that. Take care and I hope the weekend it better for you.

Awe...thank you!!! It happens! Hopefully I will bounce back quickly. I'm sure I am just run down from being on the go so much. Also under a lot of stress for personal reasons but, I've got to push through and learn to take care of ME first!!! Something I've never done. I always put everyone else first!!!!! Have an awesome week! Thanks for thinking of me!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I hope you all had a better week than me?? As you can see I GAINED WEIGHT!! UGH!!!! Yes, I'm going backwards. I must re-focus and get back on track this week!!! Also, I need to drink more water this week. I must say I am so proud of you all for your determination and dedication!!! You ALL inspire and motivate me! I will check in later to see how everyone is doing with the weigh in today!!!!! Have a wonderful week girls!!!!

SW - 162.2
    GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - MISSED (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 161.1 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 160.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - ON VACATION (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 163.4 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 149 (Sep 12) Goal: Water, Water , Water (Met)
    Week 5 - 144(Sep 19) Goal: Work out each day while away. Drink Water (Met)
    Week 6 - 143 (Sep 26) Goal: I'll stick with water goal, 30 DS every day this week,
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)

Scubasab- It's good to see you still have a good attitude. Your right, up the water. It will be ok
  • maisiecm
    maisiecm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stayed the same again this week but no a surprise as I have not tracked a thing this week. Hopefully a loss next week as I am back on track for recording my food and I will keep drinking the water.

SW - 208 (Aug 28)
    GW - 191 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - not joined in
    Week 2 - 208 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 204.5 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203.5 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 – 203.5 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 – 203.5 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

SW - 252
    GW - 222 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 252 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 249 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5) On VACATION, no scale.
    Week 4 - 249 (Sep 12) Bummer, still on vacation recovery
    Week 5 - 248 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 243 (Sep 26)

I had hoped that changing things up this week would bring new results, but I had no idea that it would go this well! It is so nice to be back on track after my vacation three weeks ago. I hope everyone else is still hanging in there.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - 206.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 204.6 (Sep 19) loss of 2.1 lbs
    Week 6 - 202.6 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

challenges for this week doing better on the water intakes.. still working on it to get past 8 glasses. just been working out at home at times.. otherwise healthy eating.
  • Pangui
    Options
    Sabrina, hang in there. Going on vacation always seems to throw things off, even if you were staying on track. And certainly, with the physical stuff you are having to deal with, matters can only get complicated. Be patient and forgiving with yourself and keep your focus. Things will get better.

I forgot to mention an NSV this week. I finally broke down and went clothes shopping (which I hate to do) since my pants have been threatening to fall off. I purchased a couple of pants two sizes smaller (snug, but fitting) and a couple of tops in my original size. I cannot recall having ever lost two sizes in my bottoms, and not in my tops, but I am patient and I would much rather climb into skinnier pants than a slimmer top. My tops do feel better, so now I can wear a few in the closet that I wouldn't wear before.

This week's goal for me is to stay on this new strict eating program that I am following (McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program). I am not supposed to be tracking my calories, but I don't want to mess up my streak on MFP, so I'll log my food anyway. It keeps me full with a lot of food for very little calories. I'll check back in later to see how everyone else did.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Week 5 - 159.5 (September 19)
    Week 6 - 158.0 (September 26)

Got volleyball moved to a better night, but not exercising enough. Now switching to new fruits and wintery vegetables. Got to keep drinking the water and exercising and eating right. I'm starting to nibble, which is very very bad for me...
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    SW - 251
    GW - 215 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 250 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 246 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 242 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 241 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 237 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 235 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

This past week has been a very trying and difficult week, I am just going to focus on getting back into eating regularly and exercising.
  • Pangui
    Options
    SW - 251
    GW - 215 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 250 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 246 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 242 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 241 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 237 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 235 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

This past week has been a very trying and difficult week, I am just going to focus on getting back into eating regularly and exercising.

Not to belittle your circumstances, but if I could lose two pounds every time I had a tough week, I'd be pretty stoked. Good job!
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    well done girls,.

SW - 194
    GW - 174 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 194 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 192 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 189 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 187.8 (Sep 12) goal for coming week GET EXERCISE
    Week 5 - 186.2 (Sep 19) . DITTO get off your *kitten*, & go to bed by 10.30pm sod the housework.
    Week 6 - 184.6 (Sep 26) GO TO BED
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • Tiamaria7
    Tiamaria7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi guys.
    here goes! i had lost a couple of pounds earlier in the week but.................because of a stressful week at work and massive chocolate cravings i had a bit of a binge on Friday night with chocolate and crisps and then more of the same on Saturday night! As a result i've gained back my 2lb loss!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as a result i've no weight loss to report.
    Again i'm so angry with myself. This week i'm going to attempt to lose 1lb, drink more water and keep logging - even at weekends- as maybe this is where i'm falling down; when i don't log i'm subconsciously giving myself permission to eat unhealthily.

It's great to hear of all your successes; keep up the good work because when i've not got the results i want i'm motivated to keep going when i read of all your efforts and successes. It's nearly October and Christmas is not too far away so good luck to us all!
  • Tiamaria7
    Tiamaria7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    oops............ i forgot to post my numbers!

Start weight - 156lbs
    CW - 147 lbs
    GW - 140lbs
    UGW - 133lbs

Week 2 – 149lbs (end Aug)
    Week 3 -149lbs (Sep 5)
    Week 4 – 148lbs (Sep 12)
    Week 5 – 147lbs (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 147 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    …………..↓………………………
    GW for Christmas - 140lbs
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Yeah! Back to pre-Vacation weight and a little bit more gone! Love reading everybody's posts, keeps me motivated.
    New goal, start walking, 3 times a week, for now.

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - XXX (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 168.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 165.4(Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx- (Dec 25)
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

I was on vacation over in Sanibel Island and I've had company in town this week so, needless to say I have not been eating right or exercising other than occasional walks. I have gained 3 lbs and I am so incredibly dissapointed in myself!!!! Today I woke up and I'm not feeling well. My glands are swollen, coughing, burning eyes, etc!!! UGH!!! My immune system is compromised from the injections and medications I must take for my Psoriatic Arthritis. I must get back on track and get serious about what I'm putting into my body and getting in my exercise!! I'm feeling very down about myself!!!

Sabrina, I hope you feel better. Don't be down on yourself. We all have our days, weeks and sometimes months. The important thing is, we pick ourselves up and start again. It sounds like you already know what you need to do. Once your body feels better you can focus more and start one baby step at a time.

Again, hope you feel better soon...
  • Squirkie
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

I was on vacation over in Sanibel Island and I've had company in town this week so, needless to say I have not been eating right or exercising other than occasional walks. I have gained 3 lbs and I am so incredibly dissapointed in myself!!!! Today I woke up and I'm not feeling well. My glands are swollen, coughing, burning eyes, etc!!! UGH!!! My immune system is compromised from the injections and medications I must take for my Psoriatic Arthritis. I must get back on track and get serious about what I'm putting into my body and getting in my exercise!! I'm feeling very down about myself!!!

Sabrina, I hope you feel better. Don't be down on yourself. We all have our days, weeks and sometimes months. The important thing is, we pick ourselves up and start again. It sounds like you already know what you need to do. Once your body feels better you can focus more and start one baby step at a time.

Again, hope you feel better soon...
  • Squirkie
    Options
    Samhradh ,

I think if it's something you don't do on a daily basis , you can add it into your exercise...but if it is included in your MFP set up, it really isn't calories burned. I would think that a extreme day of deep cleaning would be allowed...as most don't do it on a daily basis....You go girl !!! :wink:

I agree, if it's something you don't do on a regular basis, log it. :)