• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    my hike tomorrow
    vxihx5ok8sm6.png
    clrr0wv7dk8n.jpeg

Stay safe out there

Thank you. It’s very hard not to try to make friends with the wildlife, but I will do my best
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,049 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I say things with good intentions, and they are taken the wrong way.. Like if I ask someone how they’re feeling and they sound defensive when they answer like, “I’m fine. Why?”

I’m pretty sure it’s in my delivery And even though I’m a sincere it sounds suspicious. How do I fix that?

Is it possible it’s not the delivery. Maybe it’s the person not knowing how to properly express what they feel into words or not wanting to burden someone else with how they feel if it’s not your typical, “I’m fine” or something surface level. Possibly they feel put on the spot because they know you’re sincere and get defensive because it’s difficult for them to find a response? I guess it also depends on who you’re asking the question and how close you are. Co-worker, friend, family member, person in the grocery line…etc

Possibly people could’ve sincerely told others how they’ve felt in the past and it was then used against them by the person they told or mocked. Then they become wary and more guarded that other people will do that in the future?

Maybe they’re conflict avoidant and feel if they answer other than I’m fine it would cause an issue? Could it be tone?

Idk…just thinking out loud. This reply was long winded.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I say things with good intentions, and they are taken the wrong way.. Like if I ask someone how they’re feeling and they sound defensive when they answer like, “I’m fine. Why?”

I’m pretty sure it’s in my delivery And even though I’m a sincere it sounds suspicious. How do I fix that?

Is it possible it’s not the delivery. Maybe it’s the person not knowing how to properly express what they feel into words or not wanting to burden someone else with how they feel if it’s not your typical, “I’m fine” or something surface level. Possibly they feel put on the spot because they know you’re sincere and get defensive because it’s difficult for them to find a response? I guess it also depends on who you’re asking the question and how close you are. Co-worker, friend, family member, person in the grocery line…etc

Possibly people could’ve sincerely told others how they’ve felt in the past and it was then used against them by the person they told or mocked. Then they become wary and more guarded that other people will do that in the future?

Maybe they’re conflict avoidant and feel if they answer other than I’m fine it would cause an issue? Could it be tone?

Idk…just thinking out loud. This reply was long winded.

This is a good response for a few reasons. First of all reminds me it’s not about me all the time. And also that people are sometimes guarded about their hearts and that’s OK.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Oh! You guys. I put a lesson into practice this week and I can’t believe it actually worked.

I have a friend who went through something difficult recently, and I wanted to help them out in whatever small way I could. Instead of saying, let me know if there’s anything I can do to help or something equally vague, I offered a specific thing I could do for them, and even though they hate accepting help, they let me do it! And I know it was helpful to them.

• itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Scottish accents are nice even though I can only understand one in five words. Technically, I think it should be called a language or at least a dialect and not an accent.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Shady computer repair people. We dropped my son’s computer off at a local repair place because it’s older and it’s not under warranty or anything and it was a last ditch effort to try to fix it.

After having it for an excessively long time and not returning phone calls reliably the owner of the shop finally told us that it couldn’t be repaired And there would be no charge if we chose to leave it with him for spare parts. We said no no we will gladly pay the service charge and pick it up.

And now suddenly it can be fixed.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    For the first time I bought brown eggs and I've been reading up on the differences between the colors and the word "blood" was used and now I hope I don't regret it because I eat these things hard boiled and it'll be too late!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    For the first time I bought brown eggs and I've been reading up on the differences between the colors and the word "blood" was used and now I hope I don't regret it because I eat these things hard boiled and it'll be too late!

There is only one difference between brown eggs and eggs of any other color and that is the breed of chicken they come from. They are not more nutritious or weird or anything like that. On the inside they are the same. As a matter of curiosity, you can usually tell what color eggs a chicken will lay by the color of her ears.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options

There is only one difference between brown eggs and eggs of any other color and that is the breed of chicken they come from. They are not more nutritious or weird or anything like that. On the inside they are the same. As a matter of curiosity, you can usually tell what color eggs a chicken will lay by the color of her ears.

I did come across that in my interwebz journey re brown eggs. But then "heme" something came up. And then I envisioned little droplets of blood. And then....ewwwwwwww.

The ear thing is pretty cool and, if I were the farmer type, I'd totally find purple eared chickens :)
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options

I did come across that in my interwebz journey re brown eggs. But then "heme" something came up. And then I envisioned little droplets of blood. And then....ewwwwwwww.

The ear thing is pretty cool and, if I were the farmer type, I'd totally find purple eared chickens :)

With all chickens there is sometimes the chance that there could be some kind of blood or tissue inside the egg. It’s not that common, especially in commercial eggs, but it does happen. it has nothing to do with the color of the egg though.

I guess the darker color may make it difficult to candle the egg (when they shine a bright light into the egg to see inside) but I’m not even sure if they do that with commercial eggs anyway

Also, I used to have chickens that laid blue and green eggs but I don’t remember what color their ears were. I’m pretty sure they weren’t blue and green.

eta: I never meant to learn this much about chickens
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    @Foster68port

Thinking about his accomplishments in his recent competition.🏆🏆🏆
    Amazing work friend, such dedication.
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options

With all chickens there is sometimes the chance that there could be some kind of blood or tissue inside the egg. It’s not that common, especially in commercial eggs, but it does happen. it has nothing to do with the color of the egg though.

I guess the darker color may make it difficult to candle the egg (when they shine a bright light into the egg to see inside) but I’m not even sure if they do that with commercial eggs anyway

Also, I used to have chickens that laid blue and green eggs but I don’t remember what color their ears were. I’m pretty sure they weren’t blue and green.

The second I learned about cloacas I slammed the book shut and hurled it into orbit. Honestly can’t really eat chicken anymore although I’m sure that’s unrelated
  • Foster68port
    Foster68port Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @Foster68port

Thinking about his accomplishments in his recent competition.🏆🏆🏆
    Amazing work friend, such dedication.

Awwwww 🙏🙏🙏
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Sofiapilla wrote: »

The second I learned about cloacas I slammed the book shut and hurled it into orbit. Honestly can’t really eat chicken anymore although I’m sure that’s unrelated

everything about everything grosses me out tbh
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

everything about everything grosses me out
    tbh

You’re such a girl

• Sofiapilla
    Options

everything about everything grosses me out tbh

What? You? No
  • Sofiapilla
    Options
    l43w414wiw7c.jpeg

I assume this is a good thing. Congrats!