Juice fasting

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    I am starting a thirty day juice fast tomorrow. I am incredibly excited and ready! I've spent the past month replacing one meal with juice (the last week, not so much), but I'm realizing I love juicing, and I think I can do it. I'm going to write about it a lot while I'm doing it and see how it goes.
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    I am starting a thirty day juice fast tomorrow. I am incredibly excited and ready! I've spent the past month replacing one meal with juice (the last week, not so much), but I'm realizing I love juicing, and I think I can do it. I'm going to write about it a lot while I'm doing it and see how it goes.

Good luck! Cliche as it sounds the first 2-3 days are the worst and then it gets incredibly good. I loved not being hungry! Last night I broke my fast and had some vegetable soup. I was hungry within the hour. But the soup was great! =) Enjoy your juice fast!!!
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Cliche as it sounds the first 2-3 days are the worst and then it gets incredibly good. I loved not being hungry! Last night I broke my fast and had some vegetable soup. I was hungry within the hour. But the soup was great! =) Enjoy your juice fast!!!

I also found that while I wasn't hungry while juicing, as soon as I ate food I was starving and I only had a salad. LOL I'm gonna try again probably around Wednesday or Thursday of next week and see how long I last.
  • cornymama
    Options
    I am going to try juice fasting as well, I am just learning about it. I would love some support, please friend me if you are serious about juice fasting and maybe we could encourage each other and share some recipes!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Today is pretty difficult. I'm worried about the cost from day to day. For the past month, I've been juicing every morning, and it's not cheap! But in the past month from just juicing in the morning, I can tell there's a difference in my body. I'm going to take this one day at a time. So if I'm on day five, and I realize that it's too much, then I'll stop. For the time being, I'm going to enjoy it and get through it!

My intention with this really isn't to lose weight, but I would really like to "reboot." Before starting this, I thought about it for a long time and did quite a bit of research on it. Watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" inspired me so much, and I'm glad I've made the decision to do this now. It's difficult, but I'm more than ready. Good luck everyone!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 8 of my juicing experience. I'm finally starting to feel really good about it. If you had asked me Day 1- Day 5, I would have told you I'd give my first born for a gooey cheese pizza. It seems to have taken a little longer for me to feel the good effects of detoxing and juicing. I went into this with the hope that I could do a longer period of juicing (about 21-30 days). I know at this point I'll make it to 10 days. After that, I might aim for 15. It's really tough - the cravings haven't totally disappeared for me. I'm hoping to do this until they do so I don't just go back to the same bad habits!
  • cbpbro
    Options
    Finished my 60 day fast last night. Ended up losing 72 total during the fast. I couldn't extend it any longer as i was just dying to eat real food again and was really getting sick of the juice. Hands down the best thing i have ever done in my life and would recommend to everyone. Good Luck!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see this post. I just watched a documentary last night on Netflix called Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead that looked at the benefits of juice fasting.

The question is... if you go back to a non-liquid diet, even if it's vegetables, will you gain wait? I know a lot of weight loss occurs from water weight fluctuations.

Shannon
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Interesting to see this post. I just watched a documentary last night on Netflix called Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead that looked at the benefits of juice fasting.

The question is... if you go back to a non-liquid diet, even if it's vegetables, will you gain wait? I know a lot of weight loss occurs from water weight fluctuations.

Shannon

It's recommended that you slowly transition yourself from juice fasting. You'll want to start off with a smoothie and soup. You will initially gain weight, about 5-7 pounds due to solid foods and water retention. But if you keep on eating right, then you should be fine. If you look on Youtube, one woman went on a juice fast for 28 days, lost about 30 pounds, and gained back 45 pounds in about seven months from eating foods immediately after her fast. Worst of all, she mentioned that she was eating all of the wrong foods. So it definitely goes both ways.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this thread still juicing? I'm starting tomorrow, looking for support :)
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 15!! I never thought I'd make it this far. My intention is to start transitioning tomorrow to at least one solid vegetarian meal a day for about a week. Likely it will be dinner. Then I'll slowly incorporate more lean protein and healthy fruits/veges into a second meal.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 15!! I never thought I'd make it this far. My intention is to start transitioning tomorrow to at least one solid vegetarian meal a day for about a week. Likely it will be dinner. Then I'll slowly incorporate more lean protein and healthy fruits/veges into a second meal.

That's great! Glad to hear you made it :)
  • FatSyrup
    FatSyrup Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Shannon

Hi Shannon:

I did juice detox for 15 days and I gain 30% of weight back after eating normal ( including meat, veggie, rice, bread... everything). So, after eating normal for 1 month, I start juice detox for 7 days and drop those 30% plus another 2 KG. Then I eat normal and gain a bit back. So basically, I didn't gain anything back from the first 15 days. I think I am pretty happy of the results.
  • docsharp
    docsharp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Finished my 60 day fast last night. Ended up losing 72 total during the fast. I couldn't extend it any longer as i was just dying to eat real food again and was really getting sick of the juice. Hands down the best thing i have ever done in my life and would recommend to everyone. Good Luck!

Congrats on your weight loss, that is wonderful!!
  • docsharp
    docsharp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started my juice fast on October 3rd and so far, I am down 9lbs since I started the fast. I am on Day 5 right now. My long term goal is to juice until the new year. January 1st I would start transitioning out of juice fast. Right now though I am taking it 1 week at a time.
  • annetteslackmoehrle
    Options
    I just started my juice fast TODAY! Hubby and I are doing this together and want to do 30 days. If it goes well we will continue on to 60! I would love some friends that are juice fasting, so please add me!
  • Bungee_tyme
    Options
    Juice fasting is not meant to go on forever. It is an extreme response to an extreme problem. Joe and Phil (from the documentary) both had an auto-imune disease. Both were facing death. Both lost the major contributing factor quickly. IF YOUR MOTIVATION IS HIGH ENOUGH, YOU CAN DO IT!
    I saw the documentary on October 3rd and was so impressed that I started it the next day. It was hard for the first three days. Bad headaches, light headedness and hunger panges. But after that I was not EVER hungry. I felt better. And most important to me... The chest pain I had been having for a couple months had disappeared. I can look at a cookie and leave it there now. I did the fast for only ten days. I lost 22 pounds but more importantly I felt better.
    I decided that after my grandmothers 100th birthday, I would fast again for longer this time. I have been reading everything I can get on the subject. November 1st I started a new juice fast. I have lost a total of 28 pounds in one month. I don't know how long I will do the fast this time. It may only be 15 days or it may be 60. That is not the point. I am changing my lifestyle. I thought before that "a day without meat is a day I starve." That is no longer the case. Though, I have no plans to go vegan, it no longer seems crazy to have most meals meat and dairy free during the week. Most of my life I have been a big meat eater. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a" BIG" meat eater. It is time for something new. The juice fast is just the jump-start to health. It is what you do when you end the fast that will determin wether you gain it back or not. If you are going to eat the same as you did before the fast, don't bother. But if you are determined to change your life, It will!
  • deerdonna
    Options
    Is anyone still juicing? I'm doing it for January and possibly February and would love like minded people to talk to :)
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Starting my juice fast tomorrow :-)
  • shellbo6901
    Options
    I just read through a lot of this and it's old thread, anyone that did a fast in 2011 how's your weight now?

I just am wondering how its effected you long term wise. I see a lot of people's weight loss tracker says 0lb lost now, idk if that's bc of not updating the weight or not though