WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,770 Member
    Options
    Thats a neat trike!!! Now I would tootle around on something like that..
    Yes all I really can do is light exercise..im so sore
    Dr said I can take more tylenol but to tell you the truth ladies I am going to try and get a medical Marijuana card.. now im not going to smoke the wacky weed,but will get some edibles or gummies for pain to use sparingly..
    With this diagnosis i should be able to get a card which should save me some money.
  • cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thats a neat trike!!! Now I would tootle around on something like that..
    Yes all I really can do is light exercise..im so sore
    Dr said I can take more tylenol but to tell you the truth ladies I am going to try and get a medical Marijuana card.. now im not going to smoke the wacky weed,but will get some edibles or gummies for pain to use sparingly..
    With this diagnosis i should be able to get a card which should save me some money.

You won't have any problem at all. I would let your rheumatologist know also. I did try the oral but not for me. The one thing that helped the most was the tropicals. Last for 12 hours.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    Vicki and Allie- hope you both start feeling better soon. Being in pain is, well, a pain but even worse during the summer. If it is winter at least you can try things like hot baths/heating pads, etc to help.
    Maybe cold showers would help, not sure on that though.
  • cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just really bothers me that the news puts out that Covid is not a threat. Covid is still real. People are still being hospitalized for Covid. I'm retired nurse. I friends still working and they have said recently that Covid admissions are on the rise. The people that need to protect themselves still need too.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    cyntdooley wrote: »
    It's Cynthia. I so enjoy reading all the posts. I realize now DH is divorced husband, right? First I thought dead husband. Tell me if I am correct.
    . Lol. I will sign off. Cindy from Pensacola.

DH can mean a bunch of things- for most it is dear husband, lately, mine is NOT that at all-more like d*** husband. He is irritated with something all the time and just makes everyone around him miserable.
    Today, he is really bad- if it wasn't so hot, I would go walk for an hour or two.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,770 Member
    Options
    Cindy- this is coming from the rheumatologist office
    You mean topicals? You said tropicals that sounds good too lol.hoping to go to the last concert tonight.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    carol in georgia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,653 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,653 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- RV shopping- 1hr 53min 43sec, 2.67ap, 71elev, 79ahr, 99mhr, 5.18mi= 617c
    Strava app = 635c

We are RV shopping again. Lmao!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,071 Member
    Options
    cyntdooley wrote: »
    It's Cynthia. I so enjoy reading all the posts. I realize now DH is divorced husband, right? First I thought dead husband. Tell me if I am correct.
    My husband and I only have 1 grandchild. We get to keep him every other week for an overnight. Our son James and his wife Amy live an hour away not far but not like hey can I stop by. So 1wk we get him & the next wk Amy's parents have him overnight. If truth be known her parents probably have him more often. My husband spoils him too much, which is not a plus.
    Jackson is 6 now. He says some of the funniest things. He is like his dad in that respect. He is partly home schooled and belongs to a home school group that meets in a classroom environment 3 days per wk. One of the days they have outside class. It really involves all the senses. On the day we have him we have school work to do with him. It's not easy. The last thing was on the tides and the sea and how it is affected by the moon. 6 yr old home work. Pretty intimidating. Trying to help him understand when he wants play with Poppa. Lol. I will sign off. Cindy from Pensacola.

I think DH is Dear Husband or Darling Husband. I don't use it because that's not how I refer to my husband. It doesn't roll off the fingers for me.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,298 Member
    Options
    Machka: So sorry that you’re beeless. I hope you can find another swarm to inhabit your beehive.
    Rebecca: So happy for you, dear girl. Your heart must be bursting with joy.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,071 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Beth--Great news about son's migraines. Glad insurance came through.
    Rebecca--So very happy for you and your phone call from youngest son. What a great surprise!!
    I am only up to page 53, having trouble staying on track. I have gainned 10.1 pounds this week and know it is water weight as am so swelled up. Still having a lot of pain. Go back to the doctor this afternoon and they have to figure something out. Sorry to go on so, in a lot of pain.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

I hope they are checking your kidneys and heart.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,481 Member
    Options
    Beth - I keep forgetting to say how pleased I am to hear that your son's migraines are under control! What a relief for you all...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    <3Pip, what a beautiful RV...congrats