September Ultimate Accountability Challenge (2023)

Options
jamcnewman
jamcnewman Posts: 4,060 Member
edited August 2023 in Challenges
You are warmly invited to check out our challenge and join us!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge
(UAC) provides a supportive environment for those in weight loss or maintenance modes. The team is made up of a wonderful group of peer accountability partners. The emphasis is on healthy habits and behaviours — the things that are in our control. 💡

We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a long term proven track record of significant team member success. Our group is a terrific balance of those in weight loss mode and experienced folks who are in maintenance mode.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning members and warmly welcome newcomers! The August 2023 group was 105 members 😊

The accountability expectation is daily reporting (as that is how strong habits are built and sustained) of the following:

1. At least 20 minutes of intentional activity or exercise (defined by you);
2. Tracking the caloric intake of all foods and beverages; and,
3. Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories.

Non-fulfilment of any of the first three is considered a “Pass Day”. Each member is able to take 3 Pass Days per month and still qualify for the “Winner’s Circle”. Post every day, no matter your success and you are a Champion! We strongly encourage everyone to stay for the whole month as we all learn how to practice healthy habits for wellness. The goal is lifelong health — not avoiding pass days…. 🤔

This group emphasises long-term health changes, and even the “old guard” is expected to sign up for one month at a time and recommit if they wish to continue on this wellness journey. Many of us recommit every month.

The challenge sounds so simple — but it is not as easy as it sounds for most of us. We promise you a wonderful supportive team and the opportunity to learn how to manage your health for life. You can join us here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145331-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2023

(be sure to click on the 'JOIN’ button) 😊

Replies

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    The UAC is a great non-judgemental environment for support and encouragement.
    We have a new group every month – a clean slate – an everyone is welcome to join.
    The challenge is simple – just a few minutes of exercise (you can choose what you do) and a reminder to track/log all your food and drink with the intention of keeping to your calorie goal. You don’t need to lose weight – many of us are maintainers – we don’t monitor your weight.
    Drop in and join us.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    UAC has been so motivational amd inspiring for me! I started this group approximately 3 years ago and was able to loose and keep off my baby weight through sticking with UAC! I am 3 kilos up from where I need to be but I know it will come off if i stick to 3 rules of UAC! This group is so supportive and I have learnt so much about weight loss, habit change and about the importance of putting my health first! If you want a place that helps you stay accountable and on track with is the place for you!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    UAC is simply an amazing place for accountability. The caring supportive members are always willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Try it out. What can you lose!
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    This group is awesome, if you're wondering whether you should join or not: The answer is YES! You'll find lots of support and a fun way to keep yourself accountable in your health goals. September will be my third month in the UAC and I feel so much better than I did back in June. I can't wait to see where September takes me. Hope to see a few new members on board again this month. Welcome @Walela617 :)
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    August was my first month in the UAC. I enjoyed it tremendously, and loved reading the daily comments and updates by everyone. It really inspired me to stick to my goals and I learned a lot. I’ll be back in September! 🥳
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I've been part of the UAC since early 2020 (with a couple months hiatus recently). I've lost 35 pounds and KEPT them off. I'm now focused on losing the last 20 and the UAC provides the encouragement, accountability, and help I need.

Remember - it's NOT all about meeting the 3 goals every day (although yes, that is the idea). It's about your long term health, what you learn along the way, and how to establish good habits FOR LIFE. So join us, but don't become discouraged if by day 7 you already have 3 "pass days." Few of us make it to the winners circle every month - but we are all champions for sticking around and establishing consistent habits.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I was stuck and plateauing...but not anymore! I joined in this group in June and it has been a great support. These daily check-ins were a game changer for me. Although I am far from perfect, I am making progress in changing my lifestyle and I believe it is possible to keep it off and live life in a healthy consistent way for years to come.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    We just announced the August “winners” in the September 1 daily post. It is the largest group of successful members in memory! That is a great sign of the group’s success. The success is both at the individual participant level and the group.

If you are ready to make changes to your habits and behaviours (and maybe your thinking too) and be on the path to life long weight and health maintenance — join us and try it out? Healthy habits — what have you got to lose?
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @mollypw1994 I always enjoy your supportive comments on the Mini Goals Challenge and I think you would enjoy this Challenge too. Come check us out :) See the description above, and here's the link to this month's challenge if you'd like to know more! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145331-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2023
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    It's not too late to join the UAC! (It's never too late)

This is not a weight loss challenge, or even a specific exercise challenge. Just a friendly group encouraging everyone to be their best selves, helping each other on the path to healthy lifestyle.

Come and join us and work on those healthy choices.
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sept 1 Logged yes
    Exercise yes
    Tracked yes
    I had a day out with friends yesterday I logged everything and was under my calories I just lost track of time and didn't get to logging until it was to late

Sept 2. Exercise yes I got almost 4 miles
    Logged yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
    Fiber yes.
    I was studying on what to work on this month. I'm going to work on increasing my fiber.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    Hi @nanerkay , you accidently posted this in the wrong place - you need to go to the group and post in the daily threads.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Hi @nanerkay , you accidently posted this in the wrong place - you need to go to the group and post in the daily threads.
    Thanks @lesdarts180 - I copied the @nanerkay post over to September 2 in the challenge…. 💐 I can’t delete it from this thread.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    We’ve got a great group of folks again this month https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145331-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2023

Why not join us?!? We’d love to have you and cheer on your success 😊
  • nanerkay
    Options
    Thank you I didn't realize I was at the wrong place.
  • nanerkay
    Options
    Why can't I post on the daily page I have no place to type for my exercises for food on this group.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @nanerkay - have you actually "joined" the group? If you have, you select "groups" from the menu, then pick the september group header then find the correct day.
    If you haven't joined the group yet click here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145331-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2023
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    There is “some sort of magic” in this group!

I’ve been a member for over 5-1/2 years! It helped me lose my last 20-25 lbs of 70-75 lbs and more importantly helped me tremendously to maintain my weight loss! (Something that had eluded me for 45 years - maintenance! Forever grateful!!!

As others have mentioned, seeing that folks were ACTUALLY maintaining their weight loss began to give me HOPE that I could, too!

Please know that the reason we all type these messages to you each month is we KNOW it works. We would be remiss not to share this Magical Spot in MFP!

Best Wishes to You,
    Maddie ♥️