What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• PinUpDreamer926
    PinUpDreamer926 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk to do some errands in my neighbourhood today. It was very hot out, though fortunately not humid, and I really struggled with the few uphill blocks and had to stop and rest (I use a rollator walker with a seat, so was able to sit down). I was a little surprised by the difficulty because the scale has been moving downward and I’m.feeling a bit lighter. But the experience made me think how much easier that walk will get with another ten pounds off - or hopefully even five. Instead of feeling discouraged, I unexpectedly felt motivated. It’s because the weighing and portion control and exercise are actually producing tangible results.

Isn't it crazy the things that motivate us?
  • PinUpDreamer926
    PinUpDreamer926 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Starting weight Aug 01 2023 181lbs
    Current weight 167lbs

I'm 5'7" tall and my goal weight is 150lbs + or- 5lbs.

17lbs to go with a goal of 1 -2 lbs per week.

I have quit drinking all forms of alcohol. Best decision I have ever made. :)
    Counting my calories and keeping them max 1500 per day.
    Joined a gym and am lifting 3x per week.
    Walking the dog 5k 4x per week.

The first 14lbs fell off rather quickly. It has slowed a bit but I know that is normal for me and doesn't concern me one bit and it will be slow and steady now. :)

cheers!

I bet your dog is loving it! Keep up the great work!!!
  • mollypw1994
    mollypw1994 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @tech-hunter - great job!!
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Get to 190 by the end of the month. I am 193, so it is doable!

OK, it is September 1and I made it! 189.8 this morning! Honestly, it feels like it has been a major haul this month, but I looked back, and I lost almost 10 pounds since Aug 30, so I really am feeling motivated to keep going!

Hoping for 185 by the end of the month!

All I can say is wow!! 10 lbs in 2 days?? How is that even possible? I want your technique please....lol It took me a whole month to drop 1.5 lbs in the month of August.... I really need to change my eating plan to yours....
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,144 Member
    Options
    A step challenge on the 2023 Fall 5% Challenge here on MFP
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Finish out this week strong with protein/calorie/exercise goals knowing I may not see a loss this week due to starting it with a challenging weekend of traveling. Training myself to keep bouncing back.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!