Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• anjcucc
    anjcucc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been using MFP for over 5 years now. I've lost the weight and then gained and then lost over and over again. After the pandemic, I was able to lose 22 pounds but fell off the band wagon (again) and somehow I'm the heaviest I have been in my life. I want to lose at least 30 pounds. Here's hoping I can stick to it this time
  • BiggOlBean
    BiggOlBean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New here 👋🏽

I’m Bean started on this app to lose weight.
    I have Psuedotumor and have gained a good amount. I have chronic CSF leaks which keep me from being active.

On my good days I can walk at most I have restrictions on bending, lifting, and working out. It has prevented me from really going hard.

It’s also hard to be consistent because the spinal leaks leave me bed ridden for weeks at a time.

I’m going to try my best but within my limits by trying to watch what I eat. I know it will take more especially with my condition it makes it harder to lose weight, even if I was fully capable of working out.

Going to think positive and try this for 30days and see how much if any I can lose.
  • Leet91688
    Leet91688 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started. Nervous but ready for a change
  • Soaper2
    Soaper2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am returning to my fitness pal after a long break following the loss of both of my parents. I injured myself in cleaning out their homes. Since then, I have had to walk with a cane. I completed physical therapy and have improved. Losing weight will help me to improve my mobility. So far, I have lost 7 lbs in the past 5 weeks. I am on my way!
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Alex wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Forum Resources: Hope to see you in our community!

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to bookmark a group. I am unable to find any way to do this. I use your app on my laptop. Thank you!
  • anneinhazelton
    anneinhazelton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I’ve just started MFP this afternoon. Plan to drop 15 pounds and return to long distance running.
    Any tips, support or accountability “push” is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from others on your journey :)
  • thisismyyearkep
    thisismyyearkep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Katie and I'm from the mid west of the United states
  • 2bfit1day
    2bfit1day Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello New here.. from Texas
  • rhmq6nwmsd
    rhmq6nwmsd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Almost 2 years ago I gave birth to my son. A year ago I stopped breastfeeding and gain a lot of weight.
    I am the heaviest I’ve ever been. My goal is to lose 50 lbs and end my mindless eating and start cycling again.
    I’m looking forward to supporting you all on your journey and gaining insight how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey all--returning to MFP to try and shed a few pounds. I want to get in shape to section hike some of the Appalachian Trail in the coming fall. Feel free to add me!
  • hileah43
    hileah43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here. I need an exercise plan that I can stick to. I'm 63, have a sedentary job and am out of shape. I need to start off slow. Any recommendations? Walking outside isn't always an option because I live in AZ and today it will be 113 degrees!
  • noonegreat
    noonegreat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi am noonegreat, really need to reduce some pounds cuz i am really having body image issues... hopefully I lose 45 pounds one day and maintain it.
  • NewLyfe40
    NewLyfe40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, newbie here. I weigh 303lbs and am planning on weighing around 165lbs. I would love to become friends with those who have 100+lbs to lose. Feel free to send me a request so we can get this support train rolling! 🥳
  • msdenisespeaks
    msdenisespeaks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    spoonpop wrote: »
    Heyo! I’m Spoon - I just did Noom for a year & wanted to join my friends across the globe here to encourage each other to get fit as we get old! 😜
    How was it?

• Pinkbananamilk
    Pinkbananamilk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I am just starting my weight loss journey but if anyone wants to be my friend on here I am glad to accept! I am stressed and excited already!
  • ThePurpleViking
    ThePurpleViking Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hello all 😊… Not used MyFitnessPal for a while but still on my fitness journey.
    Looking to add new friends for motivation, UK based Male
  • crdarnell9042
    crdarnell9042 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, new first time father, older then most first time parents, so trying to be healthy for my new baby girl.
  • RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all back at it as I train for another half marathon.... Looking to add friends and keep each other motivated in whatever journey we are on! Don't hesitate to reach out!
  • gemmajenkins8917
    Options
    Hello!

I'm doing this again after literally a lifetime of failed attempts...

Plus discovering I have over 60lbs to lose was a bit of an eye opener!

I tried just swapping out the rubbish I eat for healthier options and going to the gym a few times a week but still no weight loss(started about a month ago) so I figured using MFP would help.
  • dsneedjones
    dsneedjones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new looking for motivation to get in shape because I a new mom, new wife and want to be healthier overall.