SEPTEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier You're running total is amazing! That heat sounds awful! I do hope it cools off for you as forecast next week. I hope your back feels better soon too. Those pins and needles feelings are disconcerting.

@Zaxa2021 Sounds like you are honing in on your sweet spot for food and running. You're doing great.

Happy Birthday @Laurz9191 ! Great birthday run!
    I think it's kinda like a grits type sitch in the South. Not ingredients. But a wet thing on your breakfast plate.
    Hahahaha. I am one of those few Southerners that don't like grits. Mom's never made them and as an adult I don't care for them. I'm sure if I grew up with them I would feel differently.
    Great running, btw.

Great morning run @Teresa502 !

@martaindale Enjoy the pasta dinner. I hope the start of the HM isn't too we in the morning. I wouldn't want to run that far with wet feet. I know that is normal for you trail runners, but "I ain't one." :lol:

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    The setup for the race and the start/finish are in a field so I'm not sure how that's going to be. It's supposed to rain again tonight.

Good luck in the race! Looks like it will not be cool, let's hope it's dry.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo thank you! 😊
    Have tried grits a couple of times - nah. not for me.
    @martaindale nope - nothing like Southern beans; nothing like Mexican frijoles... ours are almost sweet, runny tomato ketchup-y (for lack of better adjectives). I don't like. At all.

Weird. Cos UK has such great restaurants and great chefs... but British comfort food is widely associated as British food... and for me, British comfort food is gross 🤢.
    Fish and chips aside... gross 🤢. Shepherd pie, beans on toast, jacket potato (a baked potato with butter, grated cheese as optional, then baked beans allover it). Double yuck.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I can only run against the traffic so I see those crazy drivers

Big debate on this. It's controversial.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I'm sure your run club will appreciate your efforts! Have fun!

@yirara I wouldn't call the run a fail. You ran. You made it home. That's a win. I am sorry that your leg and foot are hurting. Do you need new shoes? Can you run and out and back that might let you have equal time with one leg being higher than the other? I hope you figure it out and it doesn't get worse before it gets better.

@chris_in_cal I run against traffic when I am on the country road too. I have found that the crazy drivers can see me easier if I run closer to the middle of the road (there isn't a lot of traffic) and make sure I am seen before moving over into the other lane or getting off the road. Even if I wear my headphones, I also make sure I can hear traffic. I would never run with traffic on these crooked roads. That would be so dangerous.

You're doing great @___Tams___ !

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    @yirara I wouldn't call the run a fail. You ran. You made it home. That's a win. I am sorry that your leg and foot are hurting. Do you need new shoes? Can you run and out and back that might let you have equal time with one leg being higher than the other? I hope you figure it out and it doesn't get worse before it gets better.

@chris_in_cal I run against traffic when I am on the country road too. I have found that the crazy drivers can see me easier if I run closer to the middle of the road (there isn't a lot of traffic) and make sure I am seen before moving over into the other lane or getting off the road. Even if I wear my headphones, I also make sure I can hear traffic. I would never run with traffic on these crooked roads. That would be so dangerous.

You're doing great @___Tams___ !

Yes, this! Running against the traffic is the only safe way to run here, and there's quite a lot of traffic thus I have to stay near the edge, meaning I'll have to run on a sloping bit of road with the right leg always being higher than the left one. Because on the way back I'm of course running on the other side of the road where the same repeats.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I thought running or walking against traffic (in the absence of sidewalks of course), was required by law in most places 🤔 I could be wrong. Riding a bike is another story, as they usually need to follow traffic laws and ride with traffic.