WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

So I was thinking about the troll dolls (LOL) they were both cute and ugly but in my bio- growing up family, there were rules about nakedness(even for the dolls) – but troll dolls because they did not come with clothes were allowed to be naked. And my dad and grandpa's favorite flower was a “naked lady” which is really amaryllis belladonna. I am pretty sure it was their favorite just because they could say the name and get a rise out of the wives! I can her both my mom’s voice and my grandmom’s saying “DH really there are children present” LOL LOL so dated but so much a part of that generation

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    Tracey - So glad the doc did the due diligence and the necessary tests. Hope the swelling recedes and you continue to feel better.

Margaret - You are, as always, a loving and forgiving soul. A whole lot of my pet peeves were triggered in a very short space today. As a newspaper editor for years, I do not react well to censorship in most forms, and I do not respond at all well to those passing head-shaking, holier-than-thou, and above all, unfounded judgment. You said it a lot more nicely than I did! :smiley: Thank you.

Dinner's in the oven - a thank-you dinner from me because Corey helped me with the shelves for the storage room. And honestly, did it when he wasn't in the mood--he was trying to relax today, and save some energy for the yardwork, etc., tomorrow. But because I asked, he helped put all the wire, movable shelving together.

Then, without me even asking, he did something I might not have been able to done on my own. He cut that big, heavy, 10-foot-long countertop piece in half, and used it to create two very nice, capacious shelves for me in what will be the permanent storage room. I do love giving something that served its first purpose (as my bread station for a couple of years) a new purpose rather than buying something new. Luckily, so does he!

So, fair's fair, he shouldn't have to cook dinner on top of that. I put a beef enchilada casserole together and got it in the oven. Probably not as good as something he would have cooked, but I know he'll eat it. :smiley:

Time to get dinner out of the oven, and let it rest for 10 or 15-minutes, as it is hot like lava.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
    Who's not as testy as she sounded...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Lanette, the deck looks wonderful! I read The Upper Room”, too!

Y’all, i thought I was through with MFP for the day, but I had to pop back on and tell you I have discovered something even more delicious than Oikos Pro yogurt. It is plain Greek Yogurt mixed with TrueFit Whey Protein flavor in chocolate. Yesterday, I did a serving, which was 3/4 cup of yogurt and a whole scoop of protein powder, but it was too many calories for a snack. Today I used 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1/2 scoop of powder. It was around 200 calories, 23 g of protein. perfection!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    Katiebug - Hands down best comment. Thank you.

Lanette - The deck looks outstanding, thanks for sharing the pics!

Corey's headed for the tub, and I think I'll go put in a little time getting that storage area settled, there are a number of things that need shifting. And I've already got a few things in the car for my next trip into town to drop off at the Goodwill. Getting all this settled, and the closets emptied in the back is the first real step toward beginning the long-postponed renovations in the back. Basically, turning two very small bedrooms and a minuscule half bath into one larger bedroom, a full bath, and a storage room. It will probably take at least a year, but at least it can be started... :smiley:

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Had a long post lost it! Will readdress tomorrow!

Much love to yall and thankfulness for y'all!
    Kylia in Ohio where fall/winter is showing its colors
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Im still awake yikes.. hopefully will fall asleep soon..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    Lanette Love the story about your grandmother. Your deck looks great, Nice to get that chore done! Yes it is a water lily from a nature center nearby. Taken a few years ago. I still enjoy sharing it!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Kay
    sorry no experience with the doTerra supplements, just the essential oils. I remember when you gave yourself permission not to support all your friends’ MLMs and it was liberating for me. And yes I still have some Mary Kay in the bathroom (I should really throw it out) and used my Pampered Chef 2 qt batter bowl yesterday ;) I really should calculate the cost of all the stuff I take, psyllium fiber, niacinimide as skin cancer preventative, calcium/magnesiuim & D3/K2 for osteoporosis, probiotics, Bluebonnet organic whole food ladies’ multivitamins, turmeric gummies, red wine extract/quercetin bromelian, No wonder I get heartburn!

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    October: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

I've cut back on what supplements I'm taking. I was spending a lot of money on things but once I moved into menopause, I didn't feel I needed them all anymore. I'm finishing what I've got and not replacing them.

Keeping a few things like Vit B12 and magnesium.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    DH bought me a fan brush for my birthday, so I tried it out.
    9afdxv4j1m74.jpg
    Had fun!

Heather UK xxxxxx

I like it!:)
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    [quote="Snowflake1968;c-47718250"

I am currently in emerg, I woke up at 6am because my hand was throbbing. I thought I had just slept on it wrong, throughout the day the pain continued to get worse and I couldn’t hold a pen at the end of it. I tried heat, cold, Advil, Voltaren. Nothing worked, after class Rodger noticed my hand was swollen. He encouraged me to come to the hospital. I’ve been here 6 hours and was told about 5 hours ago it was about a 4 hour wait at that time barring emergencies. There are still 5 ahead of me. I think I’ll be getting home around 4am.

Debbie - your husband had you get up to move the recycling bin instead of going out and moving it himself? That’s beyond inconsiderate.

Just to show there is still kindness in the world. One lady was brought here by a friend after she was punched at her job. They arrived at 3 today. Around 7 he felt that everyone waiting must be hungry so he went and bought a pizza for all of us waiting to have a slice. I haven’t witnessed kindness like that in a long time.

Tracey in Edmonton

I hope you are feeling better(haven't finished reading all the posts to see if you have updated yet)
    I agree, he is inconsiderate. Happens often. I don't think he even realizes it anymore. He is so self centered most of the time that it doesn't even cross his mind how his actions are affecting me. It doesn't help that after so long, I just don't think twice, I just go fix the problem. Yes, he was just getting in the shower when he thought of it but we both would have to put pants on. He just didn't think that maybe HE could be the one to do it.

[/quote]

What would happen if you just stopped "fixing the problem"?

BTW - when I first read this post, I thought you were in Emerg because of your insomnia. If it continues, please take some concrete steps to solve the problem - to take care of yourself. And if it still continues, see a doctor.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: warming sun and cooling shade at dog group.
    Joy, Lisa, Heather, Tracey, Kim, Kay, Terri, Lanette and most especially Margaret, yours to @Vibrantreader. This is a safe, non-judgmental place for all to share our griefs and struggles.
    Rebecca beautiful watercolor, your eldest sister has the gift!
    Which reminds me, haven’t heard lately from @Ketonekaren Karen in VA. Hope all’s well with her and hers.
    Tracey “inflammation for no known reason” is scary. Hope it improves quickly. “. . .the hospitals in the city closed their emergency departments because they were overrun.” Truly scary. Is the ER you went to a stand-alone, like urgent care?
    Annie ((hugs)) held extra long. Sounds like it’s time for you to take over the mail task. Hard times. ((hugs))
    Kay Likewise I don’t feel the difference when I’m taking most supplements, but run out of probiotic and notice the difference immediately ;)
    Heather love the pics, especially the artists’ concentration. But it’s your painting that is my favorite.
    Debbie why a “Western” outfit for church?
    Thanks pip, will call Katla’s Sunday afternoon.
    Lanette very well done on that deck!
    Lisa I am in awe of you and Corey’s living in a home while renovating it yourselves. Testament to your grit and strength of relationship. Bravissima.
    Allie so glad Ginger was found. Hope you aren’t too sore from overdoing the walking.
    Michele good for you for writing to Dollar General. If more of us took the time, companies would do a better job of training their employees.
    10/7: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, dog group, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8134
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=19 CI<CO net=280 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, AF, ptT, ptS, M Wt:

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    October: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Lanette - what a great job you did on the deck! I don't think i could have covered all that. Are you aching at all?

I'm listening to Dr Chatterjee 's new podcast on movements - walking and running. And paying careful attention. I always wondered why running was less painful for me than walking. I now think my posture was better. The podcast is making me very aware of how I hold myself while walking, although I have already looked at a very good video on older people walking and trying to correct my gait.
    DH's posture is terrible. He has back/hip pain at night. When I watch him standing it makes me wince! If it wasn't for the fact that he is so fit, and does so much exercise, he would be crippled. But it is impossible to get him to change his ways. ;) I have suggested he listen to the podcast, but I'm not holding my breath.

I too worry about Karen. Please let us know how you are.

I was awake very early, so I looked on Amazon for a holiday pill holder I'd seen, but they didn't have the one I wanted. Then I bought a continental plug converter. The first hotel are lending us two :p but this one has two USB points, as well as a socket. It also has a fast charge point, but I don't have the connection for that. Hotels never have enough spare sockets. On the cruises, with no baggage limit, I always take an extension lead , with power surge protection and four sockets. We both have phones and Kindles, and I may take my tablet. Not sure about that. Also Bluetooth earphones. :*

Tricolore salad for lunch. Making a big chilli for dinner. Roasted butternut squash and broccoli.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx