New 30ds challenge and lose 10lbs by Halloween.

Options

Replies

• Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1- DONE!!!
    Wow, I am out of shape, I sweated my butt off. I used 3lb weights. I took my measurements this morning and weighed myself. Currently at 172.4 pounds. A co-worker of mine has set me up on healthy eating plan and it has helped me lose 8 pounds. I've noticed how alot of people have got discourage weighing themselves while doing this video. So I'm going to try and not weigh myself intill day 10. When I finished my workout today I felt great, thinking "I can do 20 minutes". I did P90X before and got results, but it was too time consuming. I took a shower and used my sugar scrub from Bath and Body Works. I feel great and proud of myself. Just finished a yummy grilled salmon that my husband made, with a little side salad. While he had Rice a Roni that is loaded with carbs. Which I love also, but said no!

What a great feeling all together of what I accomplished today. And just want to shout out to everyone else, Great Job- we all made it through DAY 1 !!!!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1L1...arms are jello
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Done.

Is everyone going to workout straight through? I was planning on utilizing some break days and finish closer to halloween time.

I did it using 3 lb weights and it was pretty difficult for me. And on that note I noticed people saying they' were using 5 lbs. Wow! good job!

This scares me. I had been using 1 lb walking weights because that's all I had. Went to Wal-Mart at lunch today to pick up 3 lb weights, all they had was one. This is the 2nd Wal-Mart I've been to that only had 1 (had I known I'd have picked up one at both of them LOL)... so I picked up 5 lb weights. I'm surely going to die tonight.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Finished my day 1 reboot. Was able to use my 3 lb weights for the whole workout. Don't laugh but I used to switch to the 1 lb weights for the squat/press and the side lunges with anterior arm raises.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just finished my Day 1 Lucky for me I found it on Demand for Comcast....although it says it ends today..i hope not cause I dont have the DVD yet......how many calories do you count 30ds as if you have no HRM??
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 done! Used 3 lbs, and my arms didn't even like those, kudos to those doing 5 or more!
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day challenges on EA Active for Wii.....Haven't done one of those in a long time
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    I happened to find my weights at TJ Maxx. All the walmarts that I went to had horrible selections for workout equipment and I happened to be in a TJ Maxx and found a little wall of workout equipment that had everything I needed.
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 1 done ... My shoulders are sore this morning but not as sore as the first time I did it thankgod. I used the weights to do the cardio today too (you do it in level 2 or 3 I think, can't remember).. anyway my arms are knacking, and they are only 1kg weights haha

off for a nice hot shower now! :)
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done.
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    D2L1 done...didnt stop during the cardio this morning.
  • Deadbeat13
    Options
    i will join this!
    I started the 30ds today! Can't wait till the end results.
    I would love to lose 10lbs before Halloween also :D
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done this morning. Im feeling it in my legs the most!
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 Done!
    I still needed some 5 second rests here and there. But I'm going to try tommorrow to go straight through. The 3 lb weights are sure doing some damage though. My shoulders, front peck area is killing me. I could barely do the girly pushups today. Way to go ladies that are done for the day. And for the ones who haven't...get your butt going!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Well, I just started today but I'm only one day late so I'll join you!!
    I'm actually looking to lose 10lb by Oct 17 and I'm 3.2lb down so far. I'm hoping this group will help me actually finish the 30DS this time!

So...
    L1D1 done :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    L1D7 finished.

and like always when I start going to the gym and working out. Instead of loosing weight I have gained a lb. And I know it isnt what I am eating. And before when this happened to me I was eating my exercise calories back. But this time, since it is such a low calorie burn *only 200 instead of the usual 450-600 I usually burn at the gym* I decided to experiment and NOT eat them back and still gained a lb. When I finish level 1 I am going to take measurements again and see if at least I loose inches. It does seem like the little spare tire is disappearing. *sigh* is frustrating when the scale doesn't move though.

I've heard that your muscles can hold onto water in order to repair themselves. That could be all that is :)
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daughter and I finished L1D1 last night and we barely made it thru the video. My tummy muscles are feeling the ache this morning. Because it's a constant, non-stop work out, it seems much tougher than the P90X videos we've tried.
    Looking forward to reaching Day 10 and see what changes we have made.
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    L1D2 Done. The 3 lb weights don't seem to be enough for the chest rises (I think that's what their called - the ones when you lay on your back and raise your arms above you). I don't know if I want to spend teh extra money for just one exercise.
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    L1D2 Done. The 3 lb weights don't seem to be enough for the chest rises (I think that's what their called - the ones when you lay on your back and raise your arms above you). I don't know if I want to spend teh extra money for just one exercise.

Is it the chest flies? I was actually thinking the same today. Last time I tried 30DS they definitely seemed enough for everything, but I must have gained some strength from somewhere LOL as they seem too light for that particular part now.
  • plums
    plums Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm late but just finished day 1. It was challenging but good!

I've an 80s fitness instructor outfit to wear. Think cheesy Jane Fonda gear.

Need to tone up a bit before going out in public in it!