What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    @acpgee I'm very much enjoying all these lovely looking dishes; sorry some didn't taste as good as they look, but I'm gonna imagine them as all delicious lol.

@cathikelly that combo of shrimp & veggies looks yummy.

@widgit808 one of my faves, breakfast for dinner.

@mtaratoot that sounds like a great stir-fry dish, great cooking.

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    first meal:
    - fat bomb coffee (boiling coffee poured into 2 raw eggs & 1 tbsp butter and whisked till frothy & delicious)
    - canned chicken breast pureed in the food processor w/some onion, apple, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and seasonings
    - a few pork rinds (not a huge fan of them but when I'm in the mood for a crunch they are aa nice option)

f8f93c1xsvlf.jpg

Second meal:
    - pork chops, seasoned & air-fryed
    - cauliflower puree w/some cream cheese
    - cherry tomatoes & olives

u2lx8atseyqq.jpg

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Cottage pie served over a salad of romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, and radish with a light dressing of olive oil & apple cider vinegar. I like the contrast between the bright, crunchy salad and the warm comfort food. This started with a recipe from The Real Meal Revolution which I've been tinkering with for a while to make it lower-carb and lower in saturated fat. The Real Meal Revolution is all about drowning yourself in saturated fat :D and many of the recipes aren't super great, but there are a few real winners that have made it into my recipe collection.
    epy9gpt9uql0.jpg
    Another lower-carb version of an old classic: I was reading about Welsh Rarebit the other day and it sounds delicious, but since I don't eat bread currently I decided to try a cauliflower version. I roasted the cauliflower and then broiled it with the cheese sauce. I'm sure it's a far cry from a traditional Welsh Rarebit, but it sure scratched the itch. It was nicely caramelized and not charcoal, as the photo would have you believe.
    05a6nka7ix97.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot that sounds like a great stir-fry dish, great cooking.

It was good enough I made some more yesterday!

I also made some baked tempeh. Too salty, and next batch will have a different marinade.

cvt4tuigbqsj.jpg

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff, cauliflower is one of the few vegetables I struggle with. I just bought a huge head to try a new recipe. I'm gonna try your version, too! That looks good. How long? What kind of cheese? I bought parmesan and provolone today, and of course I have mozzarella.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Dinner at my place after a gallery show. As I just returned from Siena and a guest is going to Florence at the end of the month we did a Tuscany inspired dinner. Pica cacio e pepe. followed by tagliata di manzo con rucola and panna cotta with poached dried fig.
    2zurpiaker50.jpeg
    0o0mb6t7lbm7.jpeg
    un2enkdz2yxc.jpeg
    bzg094xfy7ts.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    cauliflower is one of the few vegetables I struggle with. I just bought a huge head to try a new recipe. I'm gonna try your version, too! That looks good. How long? What kind of cheese? I bought parmesan and provolone today, and of course I have mozzarella.

Hi there!

So this was a recipe I made up, based on actual Welsh Rarebit recipes (there are many different versions out there of course). For 2 servings:
    Using two heads of cauliflower, I cleaned them and then cut each one in half down the middle. Then I cut once more down each half so that I got two "tree shaped" slices out of the center of each head of cauliflower. I ended up with 4 "tree slices," about 1 lb total. I used the rest of the heads for a different dish. If you don't want to get that complicated, you can just break a head of cauliflower down into florets (or even chop it up) and then continue with the recipe. But I like the look of the slices :)

Next I brushed the slices with olive oil and baked them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until they had some browning on them and smelled good. Sorry not sure how long, about half an hour. The baking time will vary depending on your oven and how big the cauliflower pieces are.

The last step was to make two stacks of two slices each, cover with the cheese mix, and broil until the cheese browns lightly. Broiling doesn't take long and it goes from "just perfect" to "oops, charcoal" really fast, so keep an eye on your cauliflower during this step.

This was my cheese mix for 2 servings... you don't need to be that precise with the amounts obviously, this is just what I used.

5g butter (I used Kerrygold unsalted) = about 1/3 Tbsp
    1.5 Tbsp ale (choose a non-hoppy ale like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale -- not an IPA which will be too bitter)
    65g English cheddar cheese = a little over 2 oz
    1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
    1/4 teaspoon mustard powder

Cauliflower is a very forgiving vegetable and you can't really go wrong when roasting it. One of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower is to break it up, toss with some olive oil and lemon juice, spread out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt & pepper, then roast at 375-425 degrees depending on how you like it. Easy and always delicious.

I hope you enjoy your cauliflower, whatever you end up doing with it!
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Dinner at my place after a gallery show. As I just returned from Siena and a guest is going to Florence at the end of the month we did a Tuscany inspired dinner. Pica cacio e pepe. followed by tagliata di manzo con rucola and panna cotta with poached dried fig.
    YUM! That sounds great beginning to end.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Thanks!

You're welcome! I forgot to mention you need to grate the cheese before mixing, but that's probably self-explanatory haha
  • acpgee
    Options
    Seabass, gremolata, potato, salad.
    rbj7fou27m8l.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    I was planning the smoked sardine, pomelo and beet salad as a starter to be followed by a simple pasta. However, hubby got home kind of late from a gallery opening so we only had the starter with some toast.
    rcqwdmpjv64f.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Last night's dinner plan was executed tonight. Salad of pomelo, pickled beetroot and smoked sardines to start followed by spaghetti aglio olio.
    qvtrbg0wuh7f.jpeg
    ig61yf69nsyo.jpeg