Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    an hour later,

dishes done! cleaned convection oven with hot/soapy water. Washing dishes does a number on my lower back so I walked the rest of my steps and got 6k!!

Sitting with hot chocolate and a little bag of Halloween pretzels I got at church.

It can be done.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,847 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    nzxluzrjz6uq.png

Wishing everyone a day full of Treats! 🎃

Lana

267.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Sitting here in the dark-ish , we dont get trick or treaters and I dont have the holiday candy in the house because I would eat it all.

Did manage to get some chocolate today, kept clear of the doughnuts.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2023
    Options
    it4d52kdqvpr.jpeg
    *** November 1 ***

Good morning 🌼

Sara - I applaud you for steering clear of donuts and not buying the candy. 👏🏻

The sun is back today, but wow is it getting cold at night - I fear that winter is coming 🥺

Yesterday I made that old Hellmans recipe for baked chicken breast: strips of chicken breast on a baking sheet, topped with mayo/parmesan and then bread crumbs (I used seasoned panko). Jeez this stuff is yummy. I make a lot so as to have several meals out of it.

Lana

266.4 today
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!! A new month. I've so fallen off track but hope to start again soon. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

My rant at work chat site about why people dont make coffee when they take the last cup, gave me the info that there are kcups systems for 1 cup. Guess what I will go and get myself?

6k was easy today as I made sure to use the minutes I had before work getting extra steps and my breaks as well.

Lana - my joints are letting me know it is colder. Since I like to sleep with a lot of blankets, I am enjoying that part of colder weather. Hellman's recipe sounds familiar, it is one of those that has been around for a long time because it works..... enjoy your chicken.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    a8tubo8rnlt8.jpeg
    *** November 2 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - are you thinking of getting your own coffee maker to have at your desk? Brace yourself for someone to complain and wake the dragon. It would be handy though. 😊

Today is a sneezy day with the allergies.....

*🌴 Cabana Boys are planning the big happy hour for tomorrow 🌴*

Lana

264.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    53jqcjjxancj.jpeg
    *** November 3 ***

Good morning all~~

Today is going to be a good day ✅

Lana

265.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dragon knows about coffee maker and she likes me not leaving my desk for long periods so she is happy. No conflict there. I moved them to a more hidden location.

I almost crawled how that is how tired I was. Got here though.

• LanaCabana537
    edited November 2023
    Options
    44vn8qtanbc2.jpg
    *** November 4 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - that is great about the at-desk coffee maker! Plus you can have a variety of flavors 🎉

We're having another glorious day here, though chilly.

*🌴 tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🏖️*

Lana

265.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

The rain completely missed up bringing many people to the art/craft-bake sale at church. Temperatures down to "normal" starting tomorrow.

How did I spend my extra hour? I took a long shower.

Bypassed the bake sale items, gave myself a taste of the cinnamon raisin rolls (had half a piece oh yes it was heavenly) and tiny piece of sample fudge. No 45gram of sugar hot chocolate tonight either. Got 4k in steps.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ew85r1f6bm67.jpeg
    *** November 5 ***

Happy Sunday! 💛

Just getting us started. I am so sleepy this morning.

Sara - bummer that the weather skunked the event at the church. ☹️

*🌴 waving at Hans for more black coffee 🏖️*

Lana

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hope all is well!
    I had a cold last week so no greeting trick or treaters or dressing up with my sister and her fiancé. We were going to be Winnie the Pooh characters. I was going to be Kanga. But will save that for next year. Went to a buffet with my best friend and family Friday night. Enjoyed myself for the night. I ate but didn’t eat enough to be sick or anything like that. I normally get a real tree but I decided this year that it’s a lot of work and depending on family that have a bigger vehicle or trailer to bring it home. Mind you they do get their own tree but I just rather not have to inconvenience them. My friend has the same artificial tree so I was looking for something similar that won’t break the bank. After googling, and going to 3 stores I was about to pay full price for the one my friend has but happened to check out the Michael’s website whose having a 60% off Christmas tree sale and it happened to pop up! It’s not exactly the same but it’s similar and just shy of 50% less than what I almost spent. Even less of my #2 pick prior to finding it. Drove to the closest store that had it in stock, and to look at it in person and brought it home! Even got a new stand, star and bag. Now to decorating!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Missy

ll0b21kwflh0.jpeg
    s1xmf73j7wla.jpeg
    4uqlo3zhrji5.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xb3fdc9hniji.jpeg
    *** November 6 ***

Good morning All~~

Missy - sorry to hear that you missed out on Halloween this year, and you had your costume and activities planned.
    That is great that you found a tree. Thank you for mentioning Michael's store. I would not have thought of them, and I am thinking of getting a new tree this year. I leave mine up all year long, and I'd like something bigger with the lights already on it!

Waves to Sara and everyone else who stops by today.

Lana

266.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana I am sorry - I typed wrong, the rain missed us and so the shoppers were there waiting in line for the craft fair. I am considering making baby blankets for awhile, they always sell well.

Mammogram letter - all is well for now. Unusual to get good news in the mail anymore. Party drinks with umbrellas boys.....

My chicken stuffing casserole is a success and I shall find out how well it freezes as it is for dinner.

Missy!! You can wear the costumes for Christmas morning!! Nice tree. I have 0 space so I have those trees the size of Barbie dolls.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    qu6fer5kcq6d.jpeg
    *** November 7 ***

Hello all~~

Sara - Oh, that is nice that the craft fair had a great turnout!
    Hurray for a good mammogram letter 🎉

The idea of a chicken stuffing casserole is making me hungry. I adore stuffing, but never have it. I should have it once or twice a year, maybe adding some vegetables to it to stretch out the salt and calories..... 😋

Well, at 9PM last night I got a text from the rug delivery guys, and they are coming this morning! Yay!

I need to get out for a walk today.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good evening / Happy Wednesday

Lana - I made this stuffing /chicken recipe so that the only salt was in the stuffing. I do not add salt to any of my recipes - they are bland perhaps, but it allows me the occasional side of potato chips.

You are getting a new rug? Just in time to keep the cold off your feet !!! Any extra eye candy to look at? The eye candy selection has been sparse and not worth looking at. I did find a goalie online in league soccer who makes up for it though.

update - I went into my email to check how one of the church admin liked my idea about a Trivia night to find an email about a job within the company I applied for - could I please let her know my schedule for the next week or so? Heck yes, I took care of that one immediately. fingers crossed and will keep updated.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    38spf0cin91g.jpeg
    *** November 9 ***

Oh, I am getting here late today - and yesterday totally slipped by me. I'm losing it.

Sara - that is exciting about the email about the job you applied for. Sending good vibes!

Waves to anyone who pops by later today 👋🏻

Lana

the scale is too scary - it's been tracking my off-the-rails eating
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Finally finding Fall/Winter here. Cold but that means more layers so that's okay.

Job interview after work on Tuesday. Dragon asked if she wanted to help me 'prep' for the interview. I didnt answer, but I guess I will have to say "thanks, but no". Rolling eyes heavily.

Found out Yams are superfood so long as you dont overload them with butter/marshmallows and eat them straight. Yams are such good comfort food in the winter.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    bkgv1ra23qph.jpeg
    *** November 10 ***

Hello All~~

Sara - I gasped out loud when I read "Dragon asked if she wanted to help me 'prep' for the interview"!
    Mother of Pearl. She is something, isn't she? Oy.

I've got to post this and scoot.

Lana

269.6 ugh