NOVEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    @AlphaHowls wow, that's going to be a big change for you! I'm curious as to how it will go with the bands and also the mental side of cutting mileage. I have a feeling you'll do great at it, because you seem to get out there and do what you set your mind to.
    Aye, it has been a struggle all week since race day because I want to push miles, but my body would not do it. The prospect is that this will make me stronger, more endurance if I just have patience.

I understand not checking here, but really love it when you are here.
    Yes, that patience thing is hard! I totally get why you're switching things up for now, though. It should be worth it in the "long run" (when you go back to them stronger, that is)!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,409 Member
    Options
    Went on my annual cemetery walk 🕯
    My son and I just went to the small cemetery closest to home, and timed it so we got there just as it was getting dark. It's a small cemetery with lots of room to grow, so not the same effect that you have with the big crowded cemeteries here that look like they're on fire with all of the candles. It also wasn't cold enough this year to have the silence broken by glass candle-holders cracking, but it was was still peaceful. Families get together on this day and go pay respects to their departed relatives. We used headlamps for the walk home through the fields, so it was nice having to dig that out of the trail running supplies and use it.
    sfzr3e4xqmnd.jpg

Aww, lovely! My local graveyard is now closed from 17:00. I really enjoyed running over it (there are historical areas where people don't come to remember) but now it's back to running through town. Oh well...
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    I look forward to reading about your journey @AlphaHowls .

Happy Belated Birthday @polskagirl01 . I hope you will continue to check in with us and let us know how you are doing. You have to let us know about your polar bear club experiences this winter. :wink: That sounds and looks like a great tradition and way to remember loved ones. I'm glad you and your son got in a nice walk too.

@Teresa502 Enjoy your trip to Aruba. I'll look forward to seeing pictures from your runs and adventures.

Nice run @Laurz9191 . Beautiful picture.

@martaindale Sounds like you had a good interval workout. It is hard to decide what to wear when the weather changes so drastically.

@yirara Congratulations on your improvements! You are doing great!

@SummerSkier Nice start to the month and that is a great way to reward yourself for 200 miles in Oct!

You are doing so well with your running @Scott6255 . Amazing mileage this year!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Nice run @Zaxa2021 . The only run you regret is the one you don't do!

@kgirlhart Nice run. I hope your shoes do better tomorrow.

Glad you made it back home safely and had a great trip @tarun_yadavA ! Great early morning jet lagged run.
  • mnsmov15
    mnsmov15 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    November
    running goal 60 miles
    Step goal 300000 steps

11/1 3.5 miles
    11/2 5 miles

Steps: 14800/300000

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running @mnsmov15 !

@Laurz9191 Great job getting out there and doing what you did in those conditions. Wind and forests aren't really safe combinations, especially in the rain.

Nice running @kgirlhart . Sorry the shoes are hurting your toe. Can you send them back and get another pair to see if those just happened to be defective? I am not ready for Christmas decorations yet. I liked it so much better when Christmas season started AFTER Thanksgiving, not August!!!