🍁🦃November Dailly Logging and Weigh-in Challenge🏈🍂

Options

Replies

• BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady - Look at you, go! What an amazing break through you have had since I have been absent! Wonderful progress! I am so happy for you!
    @ddainiak - thank you for the warm welcome back! Lol! You have entered a new decade also! Amazing!
    @StirredIntention - where did you find those emoji's? Are they from your phone? I love them and wish I could find a way to add pics like that to quickly keep track of my progress.
  • BittersweetVita
    Options
    Hi, All! I am a full-time chaos coordinator with a husband and four kids and a two-time cancer survivor, which means I always seem to have something on the mend. Lol. Between my husband's slow recovery from surgery, helping to manage my parents' health care needs, and my search for a more permanent job, the past few months have only allowed me a sporadic check in with MFP. I am proud that I have not had any binges these past three months and have kept off the ten pounds that I have lost this year. My goals are to manage my stress, lengthen and strengthen my muscles, and move down a decade this month. All the best to everyone on their goals this month!

01: 181.2
    02: 182.4 - Sodium I do believe.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,955 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @deepwoodslady I use greek yogurt as a protein filler too. Probably have one sometime during the day everyday. I also use it as a dessert - I fold in a couple tablespoons of fat free whipped cream and it tastes like a mousse. Very delicious, and only and about 115 calories. I know that they make a zero sugar varieties as well.
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a few month now. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty). Been with this group since the spring - my favorite group for support!

My goals for 🦃November🦃 - simplifying them this month - too hard to keep track of everything last month

⚖️ Lose 4 pounds (always my goal) - bringing me out of the obese category and into overweight
    👣 17K steps daily with one day of rest
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range

⚖️👣📝🥗

Highest Weight: 228
    October Ending Weight: 169.6

Nov 1: 171 - 👣 📝 🥗 17K Steps Not off to a good start - but it's temporary!
    Nov 2: DNW - 📝 4K Steps Tough day for eating and exercise yesterday. It was our monthly visit to my husband's 91 year old cousin who lives about 2 hours away. Leave at 5:30 AM - have breakfast and lunch with her (not good choices) and then a long drive back home later in the afternoon. We got back home at 6:00. Lovely visit, but it makes for a long day and I am exhausted when I get home. I hit the left over Halloween candy for dinner, no exercise at all, couldn't sleep (probably too much sugar). It's just a temporary situation (didn't I say that yesterday?)! Will get back to it today!
    Nov 3: 170.4 👣 📝🥗 23K Steps Good day yesterday; everything on track and on my way back. As a reward for making my 2,023 goal hubby said to get the new Garmin Fitness tracker that I have been eyeing. It came a couple of days ago and I've been trying to figure it out; wearing both the Fitbit and Garmin. Today will switch to totally Garmin. Hubby is getting the Fitbit.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 294 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Rhiannon, a SAHM to 5 littles, just had my youngest on August 23rd. I started my last pregnancy at my highest weight and ended it at a straight 200 lbs! I'm down to 168 but would LOVE to be down to 135 for my wedding (finally getting hitched after 9 years!) in December 2024! I've used MFP on and off since 2015 and know that if I log honestly and consistently, the weight will come off!

November goals:
    Lose 5 lbs
    work out 5x a week
    Drink 60oz of water per day!

Let's do this!

1.168.4 <3
    2.168.0 <3

total weight loss:
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi, I am Lisa. I am 57 years old, 5'5" tall and I live in Tillsonburg, Ontario. I am married with two grown sons. One son lives in town here with his girlfriend, and the other is single and lives in Zurich, Switzerland. We have a family farm supply business that I work very, very part time at, filing invoices and stuffing and mailing monthly customer statements. I damaged my knee at the end of May and by the end of June I had given up. However, losing weight would be the single greatest thing I could do to help my knees, my feet, and any other body part that is screaming at me at any given moment!! And on top of that, my son is probably going to propose to his girlfriend at Christmastime, and I do not want to be this size in the wedding photos!!

It's time to get this weight off for good! My first goal is Onederland....again :(

31: 205.8
    1: 205.2
    2: 206.0 No idea why...maybe sodium from last night's ham?
    3: 207.2 I think I want to cry. I am logging. I am under. I wake up really hungry. I am drinking my water. I don't think I emptied my bowels yesterday (sorry, TMI) but that is the only thing I can come up with!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,802 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Jill. 🥰I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for November🍂 :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    📝Log daily
    🙆‍♀️Stretch daily

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds
    August weight lost: up 1 pound
    September weight loss: 1.8 pounds
    October weight loss: up 3.1 pounds

November
    1: 201.4
    2: 199.7 🦃
    3: 200.4

Welcome new friends! It’s good to have you here. The more the merrier!

Jill
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 489 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50+ yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. I’m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Heaviest Weight: 221 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 165

Nov 1: 208.3
    Nov 2: 209.3
    Nov 3: 207.8

So nice to see new faces in the group! Wishing everyone the best success, whether you're just getting started, or getting back to weight loss goals. This is such a supportive, judgement-free group, and a great place to find and offer motivation. <3
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am a busy mother of five slowly working my way to my goal weight. During September I entered my "Normal" BMI category and am now about 10 pounds from my ultimate goal. This will be my 3rd month in this challenge. I had never weighed myself daily before this challenge, and I am finding it to be so helpful and informative to weigh and check in daily.

My goal for November is to NOT GET DERAILED BY THANKSGIVING. 🦃 🥧 😊 Let me tell you, I can really get derailed by a holiday. I may or may not log on Thanksgiving or the day after, and that's OK. But my Thanksgiving goal is to log daily from Saturday the 25th through the end of the month.

Starting weight September 1: 141.0

Starting weight November1: 132.8

Goal for November: 130.4 Considering Thanksgiving, I'm setting my goal a tad on the conservative side.

November 1: 132.8 I logged 🍁
    November 2: 132.8 I logged 🍁
    November 3: 131.4. Very happy with today's weight. Over the past week there have been several days that I ate at maintenance, and a couple days I ate well over maintenance. It was hard to tell if I was needlessly eating more, or if I really needed the additional calories. I've already got my activity level set to almost the highest one, and I haven't even gone running or done any exercise for over a week. I guess I walk constantly around the house, dealing with the children and doing housework, always on my feet, and I frequently have to do up and down the stairs to deal with something or put something away, so maybe that burns a lot sometimes. For a while there I thought I was "failing" because I could not hit my calorie goal.
    November 4:
    November 5:
  • Rinoga
    Rinoga Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Happy turkey month! 🦃 In the past 3 months I’ve lost over 10 pounds so far. I’m excited to keep going.

🍂GOALS🍁

💧Drink 3 jugs of water daily
    🏃‍♀️Workout 4Xs a week
    🍗Portion control
    📆Track daily

Start weight: 146
    Month goal: 144

1: 146
    2: 146 🏃‍♀️
    3: 145 💪
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23: 🦃
    24:
    24:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I’m a grandma from Ontario. 8 months ago my health really took a hit: diabetes, hbp, hardened arteries , arthritis, etc. Everything came on at once. I was heading for a stroke. Scared me into action.
    I love this challenge, and the support and inspiration it brings. Even though I gained a little this past month, I believe this challenge helped me from gaining more.
    One of my goals this month is to try and get some exercise every day.

Starting weight in March 2023: 230 lbs.
    Goal weight: 120 lbs.
    Height: 5’2”
    Total loss: 42.6 lbs.
    End of Sept. weight: 187.8 lbs.
    End of October weight: 188

Monthly Weight Loss:
    March-10 lbs. (2023)
    April- 8 lbs.
    May- 5 lbs.
    June- 4.4 lbs. (trip to Europe)
    July- 5.6
    August-7 lbs. joined a ‘challenge’
    September- 2.6 lbs. ( sick)
    October- (gained) .2 lbs.
    November- goal lose 4 lbs. and exercise most days, count calories, log food
    December-

Nov. 1- 187.4 lbs. I feel like I’m back on track, and looking forward to beating this November challenge. Today, after my osteoporosis class I rode the bike in the gym for 15 minutes.
    Nov. 2- 187.2 aqua fit
    Nov. 3- 186.8 osteoporosis fitness, stationary bike
    Nov. 4-
    Nov. 5-
    Nov. 6-
    Nov. 7-
    Nov. 10-
    Nov. 11-
    Nov. 12-
    Nov. 13-
    Nov. 14-

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,256 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Oct 31st): 181.4
    Goal: 177.4 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    ******************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME****************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

11/01-181.2-(Trend Weight 184.5)-

11/02-183.2-(Trend Weight 184.4)- It was a pre-planned higher calorie & carb day yesterday on Zig-Zag and no TMI today so this is to be expected. No worries. I’m starting to see a pattern that sometimes it goes up a day or two before it starts dropping to new lows. Fingers Crossed.

11/03-182.6-(Trend Weight 184.2)- Thanks to the lawn company who were next door blowing the neighbors leaves, I was up from my morning school bus nap and able to weigh in this morning at a decent time. Nice to see a drop after a good day yesterday but today is day #2 with no TMI and I may have to resort to a magnesium pill to get things moving. Today is my Foodie Daughter’s 29th birthday. Tomorrow we will be going downstate to the city that has the Golden Corral. She requested it for her birthday. I went recently and shopped for her and we have to return nearly everything. All the size 4 pants are too big! We need a size 2 or even a size 0 for the cargos. And she never stops eating although I must admit it is nibbles when she eats, albeit constant nibbles! She definitely physically takes after her dad’s side of the family. Short and Petite. My older daughter, unfortunately, takes after my side, taller and much more stout. She has watched me exercise and stay active my entire life (she is 40). She knows all about diet and all about staying physically active and keeping exercise as a routine part of your life. She stays on top of it as best as she can and does pretty good but it’s definitely a battle.

11/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• smoran98
    smoran98 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am confused ~ does one keep editing their post each day?

Anyway! I made it yesterday ~ I also struggled with getting enough protein in- IsoPure protein powder helped- 25g of protein with unsweetened almond milk was 145 cal. Later I mixed a can of tuna with half an avocado to get the remaining 45g of protein in.

My November Goals are:

Logging 📔 every bite
    Exercise daily 🏓 no emoji for Pickleball 🤔
    64 oz water 💧
    Get 7-8 hours sleep 💤
    Check in on these discussions and support y’all 💕

Ultimate goal is lose 40 lbs and keep it off :)

Nov
    1 176.3 📔🏓💧💕💤
    2 175.2 📔🏓💧💕💤
    3 176.4📔🏓💧💕💤

• smoran98
    smoran98 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
  • BittersweetVita
    Options
    Hi, All! I am a full-time chaos coordinator with a husband and four kids and a two-time cancer survivor, which means I always seem to have something on the mend. Lol. My goals this month are to manage my stress, lengthen and strengthen my muscles, and move down a decade this month. All the best to everyone on their goals this month!

01: 181.2
    02: 182.4 - Sodium I do believe.
    03: 183.0 - Gotta watch the carbs.
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    @smoran98 I just find my last post, copy and paste then add the new day on the bottom. Does that help?
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,256 Member
    Options
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have been with mfp a long time and this is the first time doing a challenge. I have not been able to stick with anything to keep the weight off. I was pretty close to goal weight but put it all back on. I lost my father in law, 6 months later I had to have a hysterectomy and then my dad passed a week later. I threw weight loss out the window. When I turned 50 I made a commitment to get my health in order. I did pretty good for awhile and then lost focus again. I am hoping being part of the group will help me stay focused. I am married and live on 6 acres in Ohio. I have chickens, cats and a dog. I have twin boys that will be 30 this coming April. One of my sons is expecting their first child. My husband has two sons and one of his sons has 4 children. Grandkids are the best. I want to be around for them. My goal is to log daily my food and weigh in a few times a week.