WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    Barbara I am not sure. I have a dried. It has issues syncing with fitbit, but fitbit still gets the exercise, so that is okay for now.

Woke up with a headache (dehydration and cold front) . I tend to not drink a lot while traveling. Too many stops then. Need to rethink that. Also synced Fitbit this morning with phone. Will need to keep eye on ❤️ for a few days. For the last 138 minutes of drive it was pushing 180! I didn't feel it. Was it stress ( night driving in traffic and construction), dehydration, or NSVT. concentration on water today. I did sleep in until 6, so got 6.75 hrs sleep.

Love the pictures!
    Time to walk.

<3
    Kylia in temps still falling Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Went to bed at 8 and up at 7. Change in daylight catching up with me. Doing an hour to two a day to get yards ready for winter.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate affordable medications.
    Meditation: daily. 3/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    85 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)91/94 (100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 3/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 45/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    Scent subject. What IS it about the scent additives to your laundry?!! I don't really understand the concept. I mean it makes your clothes smell good and what, you can wear them longer? I wear clothes maybe twice and then they go in the hamper. What are these people doing, wearing their clothes for a week? Then there's the cleaners for your washer so your clothes don't have that weird scent. Ok that's because the washers nowadays use less water, so what, the process of washing clothes doesn't clean your washer? Its a puzzlement!😂. (The King & I reference😁💖).
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Heather - It's a lovely group of women. The one next to you seems to be not terribly happy, unlike you, who seem to be the happiest of the group.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Lisa heart rate not BP.
    Not consistent enough to go to next level of meds. I am allergic to the normal beta blockers. 😕
  • kymarai
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Carol Now that is a view I could enjoy! Apparently we had a pond out front years ago, but it was quicksand. They filled it in and lost a bulldozer in the process.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    And Today Is: National Scrapple Day—Had to look up what ‘scrapple’ was. Here is the definition: fqnw1wove722.jpeg

Other things to celebrate today in spoiler:
    ddrnobg8iqni.jpeg
    qv7cb9mtcr92.jpeg
    a2zqhvzh3c0o.jpeg
    y25q0uk34k89.jpeg
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Scrapple ... my MIL used to like it and liver mush ... :s. I can't even get near it.

Beth
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Beth, I'm with you. Weird things besides scrapple include my ex-husband's love for beef tartare, as well as braunschweiger and pickled herring in cream sauce. The first time I saw a massive mound of raw ground beef with wedges of onion at the bottom of the mound to use to scoop the beef on, was at a christening after-party for one of his nephews. I just turned and left. My father had a jar of crunchy peanut butter near him for every meal and used it as a condiment. He would eat a forkful of that with every bite. My only odd food craving, I think, is vienna sausage. Occasionally, I just want that taste and texture. Well, that and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. My current and final husband, the cook, utterly refuses to buy or cook either one... :neutral::D

The rain is steady now and it appears to be hanging around until midnight. Time for me to get in the shower before this afternoon's pottery class.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR