NOVEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I am going to have to reread this a few times, But the strangest thing is that I woke up last weekend and my left calf was REALLY hurting. As tho I had had a huge cramp in my sleep or something. I basically hurt for 2 days but NOT when I was running. I even used a massager on it. Could that be karmically connected to you? 😳😳😳 I have never had my calf hurt like that.

CONGRATULATIONS and what a long and emotional race that was. Esp with the last leg and the team "stuff". But you did it. AND you survived. So proud to be able to cheer you on and watch as you trained for this and finished it. And now recover.

I am so tuned out to the news. Earthquake in Tx? Explosion in Tx? A friend texted me (who knows I live in Austin) to ask if I was OK from the explosion which was clearly no where near Austin ... I had to spend 5 minutes figuring out what she was talking about.

@SummerSkier oh wow, how strange! Guess you felt my pain haha! Thank you, it really was an amazing experience and I truly appreciate the support from this wonderful bunch of random internet crazies :-)
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins great job and sorry about your "team". Good call on switching things up moving forward though, and that's awesome that you had friends to run the final 10k with. Violin story is cool too. Just a few years ago, we were celebrating your big half marathon finish that you'd worked so hard for. Now you're running 50k for fun 😃. I'm so proud and happy for you!

I've been tentatively planning to quit my running club at the end of the year, but they just decided to end the legal registered assosiation part of it, so not quite like disbanding the club, but moving it down to something much less official and I'm guessing without paying dues. Not sure what I'll be doing. But I don't have to decide right now.

I started a new supplement (Ashwaghandha) and a friend suggested taking it in the morning because it gave him too much energy... yeah. It puts me to sleep. Gonna take a nap now, it's what my body needs anyway. Debating switching to taking it at night, or just taking advantage of the easy naps (=extra recovery).

While the supplement was starting to take effect this morning, I made some brownies from a recipe using bean paste (opened the can without reading it, thinking it was whole beans that I could use in a pot of chili, nope!). Seems wrong but according to my sweet-toothed husband, "they're not that bad"!

@polskagirl01 thank you. My insanity just keeps getting worse and worse! I'm pretty sure Ashwaghandha was one of the things in a specific supplement my doc gave me last year to help with peri-menopause related night sweats and insomnia... and it did help. Maybe it wakes males up and sends females to sleep? Hope it helps with something, anyway!