Log all my food ๐Ÿฅ™
    Work out 3x/week ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ
    8 glasses of water๐Ÿ’ง
    Self Care Activity ๐Ÿงถ

Sept weightloss: 6.7 lbs
    Oct weightloss: 3.1 lbs

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚Nov Monthly goal: lose 2 pounds

1: ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿ’ง
    2: ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿ’ง I didn't get much sleep this night so I opted out of a work out and instead of reading a book and heading to bed early. Meal prepped a delish chicken salad and turning in for the night ๐Ÿ’ค
    3: ๐Ÿฅ™ ๐Ÿงถmy best friend came into town and we had martinis and went to a comedy show. Over in calories but walked the city and overall a great day โค๏ธ
    4: ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿ’ง
    5: ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ Had the best weekend and finished it up with a long walk through the park with one of my kiddos.
    6: ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ง
    7: ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿ’ง
    8:๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿงถ Work has been long the last few days but I finished my last presentation this morning and am ready to relax tonight
    9: ๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿ’ง
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
  • smoran98
    smoran98 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nov
    1 176.3 ๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ค
    2 175.2 ๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ค
    3 176.4๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ค
    4 176.2 ๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ค
    5 172.6 ๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ค
    6 169.8 ๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ค
    7 173.3 ๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ
    8 172.1 ๐Ÿ“”๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ค
  • sands4
    sands4 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello my names Brenda and live in Muskoka Ontario Canada 6 months and Bluffton South Carolina 6 months. Two grown children, one married and one teaching in the uk, and our 11 1/2 year old white lab Tucker. I lost 45 lbs and kept it off but itโ€™s starting to creep. Iโ€™m committing to weighing in daily. We have company starting tomorrow for the week , not a great time to start but there never is.

Nov 05 169.6
    Nov 06 168.4
    Nov 07 167.8
    Nov 08 168.6 18 holes golf, out for dinner, Dave Matthew's concert
    Nov 09 168.4 good day, felt on point, yoga and over 10k steps
    Nov 10 167.4 walked 18 holes 18068 steps
    Nov 11
    Nov 12
    Nov 13
    Nov 14
    Nov 15
    Nov 16
    Nov 17
    Nov 18
    Nov 19
    Nov 20
    Nov 21
    Nov 22
    Nov 23
    Nov 24
    Nov 25
    Nov 26
    Nov 27
    Nov 28
    Nov 29
    Nov 30
  • lauramavity7293
    lauramavity7293 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura. Iโ€™m married with two boys. Iโ€™ve been on MFP for a while but this is my first time doing a community group discussion.

Starting weight: 243 pounds
    Ultimate goal weight: 140 pounds
    November start weight: 229.6 pounds
    November goal weight: 220 pounds

Goals for November:
    ๐Ÿด Daily food journal
    ๐Ÿ’ง 1/2 weight in ounces of water daily
    ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Quiet time, journal, meditation
    ๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Exercise 35-45 minutes 4 times/week
    ๐ŸŽ Aim for 5 fruit/veg servings/day
    โœ‚๏ธ Stay within recommended daily calories

November 1:229.6 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    November 2:228.4 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ‚๏ธ
    November 3:227.6 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    November 4:227.4 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    November 5:225.8 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง
    November 6:226.0 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง๐ŸŽโœ‚๏ธ
    November 7:224.6 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ‚๏ธ
    November 8:224.8 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    November 9:224.0 pounds๐Ÿด๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    November 10:225.0 pounds
    November 11:
    November 12:
    November 13:
    November 14:
    November 15:
    November 16:
    November 17:
    November 18:
    November 19:
    November 20:
    November 21:
    November 22:
    November 23:
    November 24:
    November 25:
    November 26:
    November 27:
    November 28:
    November 29:
    November 30:
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 439 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi all, Iโ€™m so over losing and gaining the same 2 kgs. Iโ€™ve been trying to lose weight since August and havenโ€™t actually lost more than a couple hundred grams. Iโ€™m over this. I will keep trying but at what point do I just concede defeat and accept being a whale ๐Ÿณ?

Hang in there! Each day, each meal is a new opportunity / a fresh start. Donโ€™t throw in the towel. I have been the same way since about 2018 - I went over 205/210 lbs and it kept climbing up up up to 247/248. I just teetered back and forth for years and years. Trying to loseโ€ฆcreeping back upโ€ฆtrying to lose againโ€ฆthe endless, hopeless cycle.

Last month I had a bit of a revelation. I was at a Halloween party with my boys and his friendโ€™s mom had had weight loss surgery. She was apologizing because she didnโ€™t want me to feel awkward eating when she really wasnโ€™t. She said she could only eat about 4ounces at a time (1/2 cup) so she had to really choose what she was going to treat herself with because she couldnโ€™t fit a whole lot.

Then I read Dr. Moselyโ€™s book The 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet. Iโ€™m not diabetic, just teeter between normal and pre-diabetes BUT both Type 1 and Type 2 are extremely prevalent in my family. He has a lot of good information to add to my knowledge base and even though I canโ€™t get as low as 800 calories per day for 8 weeks I got thinkingโ€ฆwhat if instead of eating 500 less than my calorie requirements, I tried to eat the calorie requirements for my goal weight. It was hard at first and thereโ€™s usually about 1 day a week when I completely miss the mark but for the most partโ€ฆeven on those daysโ€ฆIโ€™m still at or under the daily TDEE for my current weight.

Iโ€™ve also been reading The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. Although he talks a lot about low carbs and intermittent fasting the knowledge he shares is game changing! Iโ€™ve tried to go 12 hours at night not eating (usually 6:30/7 to 6:30/7). Which isnโ€™t hard because I sleep for most of it anyway. AND then, I cut out snacking and just eat breakfast (7a), lunch (11:30a) and dinner (5:30p). The times are flexible but thereโ€™s no snacking in between. Just water (etc.).

The weightโ€™s finally coming off and itโ€™s real encouraging! I still try to go to the gym 3-4 times per week but Iโ€™ve only been able to go once this week and Iโ€™ll only be able to go once next week and once Thanksgiving week just because of our busy schedule and work. So I have to mostly concentrate on my food intake. And when I doโ€ฆIโ€™m more picky about what I fill my calories/space/time with because Iโ€™m eating as if I were maintaining 140 pounds and not 247/248.

Today I am 224.0 and itโ€™s real encouraging! I feel this time is different. I see things differently. We will see. Iโ€™m so glad you all are on this journey with me!

Wow. This was such great advice and encouragement, @lauramavity7293 . Thank you. I am happy that you are finding success with your new process.

So I went to go see what me, at 5'6" and 140 lbs, should eat for caloric intake. MFP has me at 1,450 calories to lose weight. One online calculator said to eat 2,180 calories, so that's obviously wrong. One TDEE Calculator says to eat 1,850 calories a day. :: Frustrated sigh :: And I guess I could eat at less than any of these (and have in the past...), but that's not a great long-term strategy either.

So much of the online stuff contradicts other advice. It's overwhelming and frustrating. If I could exercise 2 hrs a day I would - but my body at this age simply cannot do it, and be able to recover in 24 hrs to do that again the next day. At the same time, all I want is to look better! It feels like it shouldn't be this difficult.

I'm not expecting advice here. I guess I'm just also sharing because I know someone else feels the same way. Some days I can be really positive. This week has been difficult.
  • zukppi75
    zukppi75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support!

Updating...
    | Day        | kg (morning) | Total cal | Cal remaining |
    |------------|--------------|-----------|---------------|
    | Mon Nov  6 | 125.5        | 1336      | 542           |
    | Tue Nov  7 | 124.4        | 1554      | 295           |
    | Wed Nov  8 | 124.0        | 1635      | 15            |
    | Thu Nov  9 | 123.4        | 1657      | 201           |
    | Fri Nov 10 | 123.4        |           |               | 

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,964 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

Starting Weight (from Oct 31st): 181.4
    Goal: 177.4 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    ******************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME****************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

11/01-181.2-(Trend Weight 184.5)-

11/02-183.2-(Trend Weight 184.4)-

11/03-182.6-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

11/04-184.0-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

11/05-184.6-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

11/06-185.4-(Trend Weight 184.3)-

11/07-183.6-(Trend Weight 184.3)-

11/08-182.6-(Trend Weight 184.1)-

11/09-183.2-(Trend Weight 184.0)- Gosh I was so hungry all day yesterday and last night (very late, 2:00 AM) it hit me hard. I tried a handful of nuts but this time it didnโ€™t help. I finally broke down and made a turkey sandwich on โ€œdietโ€ low carb/calorie bread without the mayo and that took care of it but caused me to eat back some of my exercise calories which I try not to do. Early weigh-in this morning so it showed up on the scale. I am traveling for an overnight on Friday/Saturday down to Kalamazoo Michigan for a Lewis Black comedy show with my oldest daughter. There will be lots of travel & show sitting, hotel and restaurant foods and no real chance to exercise. I will post Friday morn before I go and again on Saturday night when I return. I will not have weights for Sat and may skip it on Sun too for a buffer day. Thank you so much to all that sent condolences on the loss of my beautiful cat Harriet. I found comfort in your words and thoughtful insights.

11/10-183.0-(Trend Weight 183.9)- I got my grandson off the school bus yesterday and he stayed the night last night. I got him back on the bus this morning. Now I am prepping to leave for my trip this morning. The trip is about 5 hours each way. Itโ€™s exciting to get away from this rural little town to a big city Iโ€™ve never been to before to see the comedy show with Lewis Black. While Iโ€™m not going to count every calorie and every carb for the next two days, I do hope a few new good habits Iโ€™ve acquired will kick in. In any case, I will make whatever adjustments I need to make when I get home to mitigate any damage. At least THAT is a new habit that I use in practice and not just in theory. See you all Saturday evening!

11/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am a busy mother of five slowly working my way to my goal weight. During September I entered my "Normal" BMI category and am now about 10 pounds from my ultimate goal. This will be my 3rd month in this challenge. I had never weighed myself daily before this challenge, and I am finding it to be so helpful and informative to weigh and check in daily.

My goal for November is to NOT GET DERAILED BY THANKSGIVING. ๐Ÿฆƒ ๐Ÿฅง ๐Ÿ˜Š Let me tell you, I can really get derailed by a holiday. I may or may not log on Thanksgiving or the day after, and that's OK. But my Thanksgiving goal is to log daily from Saturday the 25th through the end of the month.

Starting weight September 1: 141.0

Starting weight November1: 132.8

Goal for November: 130.4 Considering Thanksgiving, I'm setting my goal a tad on the conservative side.

November 1: 132.8 I logged ๐Ÿ
    November 2: 132.8 I logged ๐Ÿ
    November 3: 131.4 I logged ๐Ÿ Very happy with today's weight. Over the past week there have been several days that I ate at maintenance, and a couple days I ate well over maintenance. It was hard to tell if I was needlessly eating more, or if I really needed the additional calories. I've already got my activity level set to almost the highest one, and I haven't even gone running or done any exercise for over a week. I guess I walk constantly around the house, dealing with the children and doing housework, always on my feet, and I frequently have to do up and down the stairs to deal with something or put something away, so maybe that burns a lot sometimes. For a while there I thought I was "failing" because I could not hit my calorie goal.
    November 4: 131.0 I logged ๐Ÿ
    November 5: 130.8
    November 6: 132.2 I logged ๐Ÿ
    November 7: 131.8 I logged ๐Ÿ
    November 8: 131.4 I logged ๐Ÿ
    November 9: 131.2
    November 10: 131.2 Had a really bad day yesterday. Ended up overeating and eating too much chocolate. Hopefully it won't cause my weight to spike up. Today is a new day.
    November 11:
    November 12:
    November 13:
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nov 1 โœ”๏ธ it is black walnut season so after work I spent over an hour picking them up. This morning I did treadmill and upper body.
    Nov 2 โœ”๏ธ today I did a MFP workout video. It was the kettlebell lower body day 1. So many squats!!! I had to modify some but I pushed through.
    Nov 3 โœ”๏ธ- really proud of myself today. I didnโ€™t want to get up and workout. My legs hurt from all the squats I did yesterday. I got on treadmill for 30 minutes
    Nov 4 โœ”๏ธ weight- 193- my plan today is to clean out my garden and flower beds. My legs have hurt so bad today.
    Nov 5 โœ”๏ธ-weight- 192.6-I am glad for the loss but for having over 1700 steps yesterday and working so hard in the yard, I was sure I would have lost more. But I am learning the scale is just a tool it is not a definition of me
    Nov 9-193.6
    Nov 10-195- I am so discouraged. I tried the OMO app program. It is a cheaper version of Noom. So I have not been logging a lot with MFP. One thing I notice right away is MFP has this support system. I am so frustrated though as why my weight is going up again. Normally I would give up. But I am choosing to press forward.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @haswlrs Good for you passing on the dessert! I saw that you were also the Gryffindor biggest loser - Woo Hoo!

@lauramavity7293 Very interesting concept. Do you eat as if sedentary, or did you adjust for exercise?