WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Allie-so sorry you had that sequence of events. My DIL and her brother found their father deceased in his apartment earlier this year, he had fallen getting out of shower. Hope neighbor recuperates well from her fall.

Lisa-I hate it when I feel my insides that distressed. Luckily, it is usually just the cats that have to tolerate my methane escapades (and they happen much less when I watch what I eat).

Barbara AHMOD-thanks so much for the recommendation. I will try the brand I just bought (have enough to get me through a three month trial) but will keep your suggestion in mind if they don't help.

Off to start my day, Going to put in Amazon order with gift cards I have been given. Buying a sweater coat I think I will like (and wouldn't normally buy for my self). Want to get checkbook and bills finished this am then make a quick run to Meijer's for a few things I couldn't get at Krogers yesterday. Then finish cleaning and work on budget. Will fit a walk in there somewhere-may go for a 4-5 mile today if I feel up to it.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Options
    Allie so sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,963 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Had a fitfull sleep,and thank you all for the condolences. Im thinking of sending some stuff over to either Lindseys or Evans house to have just so they don't have to cook and they can pick.
    But right now i think I'll get a bit more sleep

Sorry about both your friends. Rough day!

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday,
    Happy Veterans Day to our Veterans!
    Finished up the laundry this morning. Didn't get done on Wednesday since was in Detroit. Speaking of laundry....I had a Maytag Neptune front load for 20 years. Never had a mold/musty smell. I now have a front load. I believe that detergents and additives are more the culprit than the machine types. They leave so much residue. I dry the door off and leave cracked open for a day or so, but then close it. When we go on extended vacations I leave it open, but did the same thing with our really old top load. This one does have a built in wash cycle, so every 100 loads a cup of bleach in the cycle, and off you go again. I have used Norwex laundry soap for years. My clothes seem to hold up better and no scents!

Allie So sorry for your troubles. I am glad that you are there to help as needed. That is a blessing.

My DH is happier when I sit with him in the man cave in the evenings. We have been watching reruns of Hawaii 5o and two and a half men. I did manage to get some work paperwork done. He has been considerate enough to let me have some no noise time before I join him most of the time.

I hit 10k steps again last night, but laundry kept me up a bit later than I should have let it. 🙃 I did a quick pickup of misc items from around the house. I have a desk drawer and a darn pile of papers to deal with again. Maybe Sunday evening......

Dawn is breaking. The sliver of the moon was shining. And I believe I could see a planet beside the moon ( could have been a star)

On the same line as any exercise is good if you do it. I used that for my magnesium. I had bought capsules but they were huge! After getting one lodged in throat, I was struggling to take any more. I threw them away and got gummy ones. Those I will eat. My throat was tender for a week after the lodging. Part of my mind was saying what a waste of money, but it did no good if I wouldn't take it.

Rita You have got this.....if you had 5 bags yesterday, only 4 today! My DH loves to feed me especially dark chocolate! I try to remember that when eating.

Rebecca I channeled you yesterday when prepping my lunch. Needed protein, so black beans, added spinach for vegetable, brown rice and quinoa, a little salsa for sone flavor, and a pat of butter. It kept me full all afternoon and was pretty.

Thank you for shoe suggestions. My left is a 7.5. Mybright is 6.5. My toes are really long. Arches never hit right. May need to look into personalized insoles.....

Need to go walk.
    Much love to you all!
    Hugs especially tight for those with illness or other troubles!
    Congratulations on the NSVs and weight losses!
    Welcomes!

TTYL,
    Kylia in frosty Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wow so many talented women on this thread.... Tracey, Lisa, Heather (and more), it is fun to see your creations.

Betsy in wet NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    Allie So sorry about the day you had yesterday! Such a shock for someone to die suddenly like that. And I’m glad you were there when your friend took that fall. You are such a great help to everyone!

Matcha I LOVE TEVA sandals! I’ve worn out 2 pair and my third, I’m going to see how long they last. I gave them a real workout this past Summer. I started wearing them in March and just put them away the end of October. The bottoms are pretty worn out. Perfect for my feet and walking in the summer.

2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate online help communities.
    Meditation: daily. 9/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    85 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)94/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/28681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 46/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. I learned about Alonon and downloaded their app and read through it.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

God, I offer myself to Thee
    To build with me
    and to do with me as Thou wilt.
    Relieve me of the bondage of self,
    that I may better do Thy will.
    Take away my difficulties,
    that victory over them may bear witness
    to those I would help of Thy Power,
    Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
    May I do Thy will always!
    ]
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    And Today Is: Lots of fun things today besides Veterans Day: Origami (think I will try this!), Sundae’s (a no-no for me!), trees, energy saving, and shopping day! More in the spoiler.
    55v6e99j0gyk.jpeg
    lz18kaqkndfd.jpeg
    vqny78hv6x0u.jpeg
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Kylia-do you use toe stops for your shoe? My right foot is about 1/2 size smaller than my left so that isn't too bad but I think I am going to try one to keep foot from sliding.

Allie-sounds like a very nice food order you have for them. I am sure they will appreciate it.

Lanette-I use 2 lb weights around house and take them on outside walk occasionally. Need to do that more.

Got a nice 4 mile walk in, talked with son for part of it. Got to thank him for his service.

Happy Veteran's Day to those of you who served and/or have family who did/do.

Ginny in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Saturday,
    Happy Veterans Day to our Veterans!
    Finished up the laundry this morning. Didn't get done on Wednesday since was in Detroit. Speaking of laundry....I had a Maytag Neptune front load for 20 years. Never had a mold/musty smell. I now have a front load. I believe that detergents and additives are more the culprit than the machine types. They leave so much residue. I dry the door off and leave cracked open for a day or so, but then close it. When we go on extended vacations I leave it open, but did the same thing with our really old top load. This one does have a built in wash cycle, so every 100 loads a cup of bleach in the cycle, and off you go again. I have used Norwex laundry soap for years. My clothes seem to hold up better and no scents!

Allie So sorry for your troubles. I am glad that you are there to help as needed. That is a blessing.

My DH is happier when I sit with him in the man cave in the evenings. We have been watching reruns of Hawaii 5o and two and a half men. I did manage to get some work paperwork done. He has been considerate enough to let me have some no noise time before I join him most of the time.

I hit 10k steps again last night, but laundry kept me up a bit later than I should have let it. 🙃 I did a quick pickup of misc items from around the house. I have a desk drawer and a darn pile of papers to deal with again. Maybe Sunday evening......

Dawn is breaking. The sliver of the moon was shining. And I believe I could see a planet beside the moon ( could have been a star)

On the same line as any exercise is good if you do it. I used that for my magnesium. I had bought capsules but they were huge! After getting one lodged in throat, I was struggling to take any more. I threw them away and got gummy ones. Those I will eat. My throat was tender for a week after the lodging. Part of my mind was saying what a waste of money, but it did no good if I wouldn't take it.

Rita You have got this.....if you had 5 bags yesterday, only 4 today! My DH loves to feed me especially dark chocolate! I try to remember that when eating.

Rebecca I channeled you yesterday when prepping my lunch. Needed protein, so black beans, added spinach for vegetable, brown rice and quinoa, a little salsa for sone flavor, and a pat of butter. It kept me full all afternoon and was pretty.

Thank you for shoe suggestions. My left is a 7.5. Mybright is 6.5. My toes are really long. Arches never hit right. May need to look into personalized insoles.....

Need to go walk.
    Much love to you all!
    Hugs especially tight for those with illness or other troubles!
    Congratulations on the NSVs and weight losses!
    Welcomes!

TTYL,
    Kylia in frosty Ohio

Its kinda fun to cook instinctively, just putting in what you like, let them (like food is a them😂) get merry in a pan with a pat of good butter or olive oil. Each time I make foods this way, I might add something different, so its always a nice surprise. My spider senses were tingling, it must have been you🤗💖👍🏼!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Feed your soul, spice up your senses!💖
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    Well went and got my RSV shot..so im vaxed to the max lol.
    Picked up a couple of sympathy cards for the kids and came home,threw laundry in the dryer..
    But gee my stomach today is just giving me a whole bunch of trouble. So I think the rest of the day im going to lay low.