• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3

Betsy in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    And Today is: Pizza with everything (except anchovies) day! Pupusa, health, and pneumonia day. Plus a bunch more in spoiler.
    kjqbzslb284a.jpeg
    j2av9k8eww5c.jpeg
    za8goisi25aw.jpeg
    z3m5qljfolfd.jpeg
    ‘A pupusa is a thick griddle cake or flatbread from El Salvador and Honduras[1][2][3][4] made with cornmeal or rice flour, similar to the Colombian and Venezuelan arepa. In El Salvador, it has been declared the national dish and has a specific day to celebrate it. It is usually stuffed with one or more ingredients, which may include cheese (such as quesillo or cheese with loroco buds), chicharrón, squash, or refried beans. It is typically accompanied by curtido (a spicy fermented cabbage slaw) and tomato salsa, and is traditionally eaten by hand.’
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Kylia I am with you on bare feet. Between my bunions and my crooked knee, nothing fits quite right. I have a pair of Brooks Ghost, really nice running shoes, but I kick my ankle when I wear them. There's a spot where I'm wearing through the upper. Just not quite right.

I realized this morning that I don't have black ankle boots anymore. I don't think I quite have the gumption to order shoes online. But I might look.

Annie in Delaware

When I bought my running shoes, I went to a place that put me on a treadmill to analyse my gait, then talked to me about the various foot issues I have (arthritis, achilles).

I ended up with what I think are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn!!

I highly recommend going that route for running shoes.

But I do go barefoot a lot too ... or when I'm gardening in the summer, I'm in my Teva sandals ... these ...

qo7yg7p1omon.png
    https://au.teva.com/product/womens-tirra/TEVA4266BKGY.html

Machka in Oz

I have the same style of Teva. I love how adjustable they are.

I also did the running store route for my first serious pair of running shoes. I loved my first pair and several after, but then they designer changed the footbed and I had to switch brands. :(. I haven't been as happy since.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    Good early afternoon
    Dan was able to take the work van and we dropped it off ar Evan and Amys house.. let my friend Sue know it was outside the door
    Left a card for each of the kids..
    They should be set for a bit,and a whole lot better than sending flowers
    Now I'll get my garbage together and Dan will pick it up when he gets out of work.
    Other than that a low key day
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Rita -- I love pupusas. We had them in Belize, and since returning, we've discovered a Salvadoran restaurant which serves them. I'm sad to admit that I eat mine with a fork. The slaw is amazing.

Allie -- sorry about your friend. Is this the one you used to talk about when you first moved into your new place?

Machka -- hooray for your trip.

Kim -- still thinking about you and your mother situation.

Karen -- still thinking of you with the loss of your brother.

Take care everyone.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday ladies, what's left of it, lol.

I've been yanked down into the Broadchurch rabbit hole and I might be able to pull myself out in a couple hours. :p

I did take a break this morning and started reviewing some of the TILDA reports - results of longitudinal studies on the aging in Ireland. I love reading through all of this - I always loved writing term papers when I was in school because I got to comb through research.

A friend is stopping by in an hour so I need to get dishes done. And head back down that rabbit hole.

*Monday check-in reminder - please get your info to me today or tomorrow morning. ;)*

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    :)Rita, If your husband can't decide what to eat, just choose what you want.
    <3 Barbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd listen to a little Christmas music..while i do my pill box.
  • hmjack1561
    hmjack1561 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Thank you for the welcome! Anyone who care to friend me please do!

I am shocked by my weight gain, getting on the scale today, however that makes me buckle down.
    I looked at my original goals and updated them. I was set at losing 1/2 pound a week. I moved it to 1.5.

It is a beautiful fall day and i plan to get a good walk in this afternoon.
    BTW I have a walking partner. My wee West Highland White Terrier, Zoey. She is always ready for a good walk.
    Wishing you all a lovely Sunday! Hope
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    :)Carol My husband generally doesn't want to choose what to eat so I decide. I have about ten different meals that I prepare in exactly two servings. We have something different every day. If he wants to suggest something , I am glad to hear it. Our other meals and snacks are "find it and fix it" We prepare the grocery list together so each of us has what we need for our other meals and snacks. If I were alone, I'd eat on the same schedule only with fewer choices

:)Rita one year I learned from the internet how to decorate a t shirt with rhinestones

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • laughingdakini1
    laughingdakini1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

@laughingdakini1 Sorry about your cat. My daughter just lost hers a couple of weeks ago, so I know how you feel. They are part of our families.

Friday was so busy, with Latin Study Group before lunch and then card-making after. I’m trying to clear up a lot of old papers, so that took care of yesterday.

Miele failte to our new ladies. Jump in when the spirit moves you. It’s a busy group.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 to all

☘️ Terri

Thank you.

I took Latin in high school and college and still (a million years later!) am really good at etymology and word origins and meanings because of it. I'm glad someone is still studying it!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The pups will be fostered by someone else at the end of the week, so I will not be taking them to the beach! They are adorable to cuddle with, but don't always eat right away and at night it can sometimes take an hour before I am able to go back to sleep!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia