• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Woooooo hooooooooooooo--

Just got back from a beautiful run with Bandit-- go figure. He's my Siberian husky, by the way--

I have a lovely loop in my development, just about a mile that we'd measured-- little up, little down, nice rolling track-- and I did three laps-- no flippin' way!!!!!!! Then I walked 1/4 mile to cool down. I am so psyched....

31 minutes solid running followed by about 8 minutes of walking-- heading to type. Nytol.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Evening all,

Decent day today. 1200 cals in my morning work out and went out for my c25k this evening. Didn't make it all the way through. Not because the running was hard... I am just starting to discover some of the things that runners have to deal with and without giving TMI I should be fine the next time I give it a shot. lol.

Anyway,

The DW is a black team stalker and loves reading our posts so I am making her join the black team. So feel free to tell her she is no longer aloud creep about without posting lol :drinker: :bigsmile:

Andrew-- heck, don't be bashful. We've no secrets here on our black team! If I can share my bloating tales, and Sara can type on the john, heck, you can tell us anything!

Hi Beth-- no lurking. *hear that Tresa??* You come to read and laugh, you better say howdy do!

Okay, okay ...

Howdy-Doody.jpg

Howdy Doody Black Team ... time for bed ... nite nite!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Again thank God for this thread!! Have you seen the drama on the chit chat thread! Thank god for work because I would have said something if I was here.

Thanks for the nice words on my picture.

I usually avoid that thread... but now I'm curious. Will sleepiness or curiosity win? Hmmmm....

Gee Sam ... you are looking skinny there girl!! Yay!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    BETH - STOP CREEPING! POST SOMETHING, WOMAN! Welcome to the black team! :heart: *whispers* How was that, Andrew? :bigsmile:

Shuntae - Good job on the workout! That's pretty awesome!

aw man, you caught me :blushing: i was totally creeping.

Hey Beth ... we can creep together. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am sitting here at 10:15 at night and stuffing tortilla chips in my mouth and I am not sure why. All I know is I am loving that salty taste, I am even licking my fingers. Oh this is so bad! :ohwell:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I am sitting here at 10:15 at night and stuffing tortilla chips in my mouth and I am not sure why. All I know is I am loving that salty taste, I am even licking my fingers. Oh this is so bad! :ohwell:

Ugh ... I've been binge-ish today too. Not sure what is wrong with me either. :grumble: :indifferent:

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Again thank God for this thread!! Have you seen the drama on the chit chat thread! Thank god for work because I would have said something if I was here.

Thanks for the nice words on my picture.

I made the mistake of heading over to a particular topic on that thread...WOW. I had to get out quick before I said something cruel. In-freaking-sane. That's why I stay right here with y'all.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Black Team!! I am hoping to drop a pound, but not too hopeful. Slow and steady wins the race.

After reading Marlas post about checking out the past week in exercise...........I am been sahlACKing!!

slacker here folks!! I did work out 3 times but didnt do my daily workouts.

OK> time to get serious again. My body is loving these last 10 or 20 pounds!!

Andrew you are just too funny!

Welcome Beth!!

Shuntae-looking good!!

Sam-step away from the crappy thread! I was sucked in for a moment and it was not pretty. You cant reason with someone who is unreassonable, right?
    Sara- I am glad you diverted yoru emergency!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Jeannie! :laugh: It was a close one. :wink: I know you can do it, Jeannie! I'm sure you aren't slacking. You've been pushing your body so hard, maybe you gave it a much needed rest & now it'll be GO TIME! WOO!

Hi, Tresa!

Amanda - I'm thinking about breakfast right now & all I want is chips & salsa. :laugh:

Andrew - Don't forget, in an emergency, Superman/Spiderman/Diego bandaids work just as well. :tongue:

No gym time today so it is work out at home day! After of course, speech therapy. *sigh* So glad that's almost over. It is just so stressful for Zeke to have to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of strangers for an hour with "nothing" to do...even though I bring a bag full of crap to keep him entertained. Whatever. Anyways...

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!! Move it, move it, move it!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hello my fellow black team:happy: I just wanted to pop in and give everybody a HIGH FIVES on all your success! Everybody is doing FANTASTIC!!!!!

Im still going at it....my ticker should explain a bit:wink::smile:

I've discovered that running is what my body likes to do(right now anyways:laugh: ) so im running alot...ive been losing inches and a couple of lbs too. I plan on doing a 5K in may(:noway: )

Sending out hugs to everybody and a CHEER FOR THE BLACK TEAM!!!!!:drinker: :drinker:

you guys ROCK!!!!!!

:heart: Amelia
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow black team:happy: I just wanted to pop in and give everybody a HIGH FIVES on all your success! Everybody is doing FANTASTIC!!!!!

I've discovered that running is what my body likes to do(right now anyways:laugh: ) so im running alot...ive been losing inches and a couple of lbs too. I plan on doing a 5K in may(:noway: )

Sending out hugs to everybody and a CHEER FOR THE BLACK TEAM!!!!!:drinker: :drinker:

you guys ROCK!!!!!!

:sick: Oh Amelia, please do not tell me running is the only way to lose the last 15!:sick:

I cannot run. I am working my way up to a more run like wog, but still walking really fast and kinda skipping inbetween. It truly is hilarious and if I could video tape it I could win a prize!!

Good for you! I am so glad you have found something to make that ticker mooooooooooove over!!:flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

you guys ROCK!!!!!!

:sick: Oh Amelia, please do not tell me running is the only way to lose the last 15!:sick:

I cannot run. I am working my way up to a more run like wog, but still walking really fast and kinda skipping inbetween. It truly is hilarious and if I could video tape it I could win a prize!!

Good for you! I am so glad you have found something to make that ticker mooooooooooove over!!:flowerforyou:

LOL at you....i would love to see a video of that! :wink: :tongue:

The only way im able to get through a run workout is to do it with a cardio coach...it allows me to work at my own intensity. I think stepping up intensity is what helped me. Have you tried step workouts? There fun and my HR gets up there too. Good Luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Amelia, good to see you posting and way to go on more pounds lost.

Okay Sara, I will start my last chance work-out with laps and water aerobics. Heading out my door and it is dark and 5 in the morning. :grumble: I do :heart: LOVE:heart: swimming though!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    ut oh,

Scale moved in the wrong direction again today lol... Time to closley examine what I have been doing. been fluxing between 248 and 251 all week. lol After some thought here is what I am thinking as possible culprits:

#1: too many "occasional" animal crackers with peanut butter. Anything not logged is evil.
    #2: Been doing alot more strength training this week and started free weights. if the scale isn't moving because of muscle mass great...but I still think it's probably the animal crackers.
    #3: not enough variety in cardio-Been doing 45mins on the eliptical for a long time. I am thinking my body is used to it and really not that impressed anymore. Looks like i'll be popping onto the treadmill and upping the incline and running my chunky butt off from here on out.

Anyway, Gonna keep changing things up and see what happens. Either way, weight lost or not...I still know I am getting better and stronger each day. regardless of what the scale is telling me.

:bigsmile: :drinker:
    Have a great day everyone!
    Happy St. Patty's
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My bets are on #2 & #3, Andrew. #2 can be a HUGE thing especially if any of your muscles are sore. Sore muscles = temporary weight gain. I'll see if I can find the article where I read this more closely & explains it more science-like. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I read it on Chalene Johnson's blog. Check out this article:

http://chalenejohnson.blogspot.com/2009/01/why-do-you-sometimes-gain-weight-when.html

Here's a bit:

When someone starts a new exercise program, they often experience muscle soreness. The more intense and "unfamiliar" the program, the more intense the muscle soreness. This soreness is most prevalent 24 to 48 hours after each workout. In the first few weeks of a new program, soreness is the body trying to
    "protect and defend" the effected or targeted tissue. Exercise physiologists refer to this as delayed-onset muscle soreness, or DOMS.

This type of soreness is thought to be caused by tissue breakdown or microscopic tears in muscle tissue. When this happens the body protects the tissue. The muscle becomes inflamed and slightly swollen with fluid retention. This temporary retention of fluid can result in a 3- to 4-pound weight gain within a few weeks of a new program. Keep in mind that muscle soreness is not necessarily a reflection of how hard you worked. In fact, some people feel no signs of muscle soreness, yet will experience the muscle protection mechanisms of water retention and slight swelling.

Most people are motivated enough to put up with this temporary muscle soreness. Yet, many, especially those who really need immediate weight loss to keep them motivated in those first couple of weeks become discouraged and quit!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I read it on Chalene Johnson's blog. Check out this article:

http://chalenejohnson.blogspot.com/2009/01/why-do-you-sometimes-gain-weight-when.html

Here's a bit:

When someone starts a new exercise program, they often experience muscle soreness. The more intense and "unfamiliar" the program, the more intense the muscle soreness. This soreness is most prevalent 24 to 48 hours after each workout. In the first few weeks of a new program, soreness is the body trying to
    "protect and defend" the effected or targeted tissue. Exercise physiologists refer to this as delayed-onset muscle soreness, or DOMS.

This type of soreness is thought to be caused by tissue breakdown or microscopic tears in muscle tissue. When this happens the body protects the tissue. The muscle becomes inflamed and slightly swollen with fluid retention. This temporary retention of fluid can result in a 3- to 4-pound weight gain within a few weeks of a new program. Keep in mind that muscle soreness is not necessarily a reflection of how hard you worked. In fact, some people feel no signs of muscle soreness, yet will experience the muscle protection mechanisms of water retention and slight swelling.

Most people are motivated enough to put up with this temporary muscle soreness. Yet, many, especially those who really need immediate weight loss to keep them motivated in those first couple of weeks become discouraged and quit!

You see, This is why I need my black team :bigsmile:

Thanks sara! I'm still gonna avoid those animal crackers though, but I wont hesitate to keep the weights going!

BTW (Totally off topic) but great to see ya punka! nice to see your doing well!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

you guys ROCK!!!!!!

Somehow, I missed this the first read! Amelia!!! Welcome back!!! I'm so glad to see you & your gorgeous ticker! WTG on the running, too!