WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Ladies, here is another survey question - what is your favorite sweater like? Zip or button or pullover, hoodie or v neck, cotton or wool or synthetic? Solid or pattern?

I'm thinking of choosing one for my birthday, and there are just too many choices!

Annie in Delaware

Like an outdoor sweater?

I like cotton or stretchy jersey knit cardigans. Fairly lightweight. No buttons or zips or maybe just one or two buttons. I'm wearing a navy cotton cardigan with no buttons to work today. It's one of my favourites.

I also like polyester-elastomer running/exercise jackets. Thin, with zips and hoods.

Nothing heavy or textured.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    9xdk83o6owfb.jpg

:) This is the sweater I knit for myself years ago. I like long sleeve, pull over, bright color.

It's nice and looks good on you!

I, on the other hand, would last about 2 seconds in something like that.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    CarolGaGal wrote: »
    Lisa ~ I was wondering! Will you have a door into the house from your sunroom? Egg looks quite at ease up on that ladder. :)

Rosemarie ~ Enjoy your beach weekend and don't worry about the wreaths. We all have to let go of some traditions as we get older. My mom left her Christmas tree up all year as she got older. I am using the same wreaths on the outside of my front door that were made by my mother-in-law so they are probably 30 yrs old.

Heather ~ Your brother is a handsome man just as you are a lovely lady! Must be good genes!

Pip ~ Lucy looks very comfortable on the bed.

Vicki ~ So glad your new system is making work a bit easier. Being boxed in with repairs is probably very aggravating.

Debbie ~ Really wish your mom had the courage to evict her housemate. But, I can see why having someone there makes it less lonely although from what you say, the housemate is not much company.

I don't send Christmas cards but I may be sending some ecards to family and a few friends.

Know that so many of you are raking leaves, but, I wanted all the maple leaves to stay on the ground in my backyard as there is really no grass underneath (just bare dirt for the most part). I asked my lawn guy to tell his people not to mulch the leaves and they did anyway this morning. Now I get to look at what to me is an ugly mess.

Carol in GA

Rare treat for her. She doesn’t jump up, I have to carry her and put her on the bed
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Leezy: It is called ...Trekking The National Parks. When I bought it they also had a promo to buy a game that had Trivia about the National Parks. I thought I would see if they liked this one first. It is on Amazon. I bought it from Underdog Games who are the founders of the game.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Allie, what a sweet pic of Miles and his friend!

Got the last of my Christmas shopping in the mail today. Another beautiful day. Looks like next week we may be facing a bit of a cool down but still no snow in the forecast.

Joy
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Leezy: It is called ...Trekking The National Parks. When I bought it they also had a promo to buy a game that had Trivia about the National Parks. I thought I would see if they liked this one first. It is on Amazon. I bought it from Underdog Games who are the founders of the game.

Margaret,

Thank you for the info, definitely will look into it.

Leezy
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    favorite sweater: cotton, pull-over, v-neck, for slightly more dressy occasions. I do like the looks of Barbie's red sweater. I would wear that on a really cold day. It would be a little hot for most of our mild winter days.

for everyday - a nice over-sized sweatshirt, no hood, preferably one that covers my bottom to wear with work-out leggings. My newest impulse buy came from Costco and has a collar and buttons, still over-sized and tunic length. I'm using it to replace the collared one I bought last year that has a zipper. I finally admitted that it was uncomfortable, which was why I wore it so seldom.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) In everything I wear, I choose comfort over style. I need to be warm and able to walk, sit, bend over easily.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    I ordered a pair of pants off eBay. I can’t seem to find any gray pants (a light shade). I really like the Bandolino ones, but I can’t find them in gray. Hope these fit. Well, if not I’ve only lost $16. Do you know the pants were $8 and the shipping was $8? I can’t believe the cost of the shipping. Vince said that my air fryer lid for Jess for Christmas should be here today

Lynette told me the other day that she has cancer. It really sounds like more precancerous. Anyway, she had a hysterectomy last Mon so I called her to ask how she was. Said she needs radiation, I’m thinking it’s more to be sure the doc got it all. She’s trying to get in touch with the doc so right now she doesn’t know how long she’ll need the radiation. I probably should make a casserole but I don’t know how to get it to her. See, yes, I can drop it off at her house. But I know that she doesn’t like people coming to her house mainly because she’s not a very good housekeeper. Ken really got on her case a few years ago to have us over. In the 15 years we’ve known them, I’ve only been to her house once. Ken is retired so it’s not like I can take it to his business for him to take home.

Heather – the air fryer lid for the IP for Jess just came today. I didn’t like the box so I put hers in my box and I’ll keep the other one. I really love mine.

Barbara – Oh, trust me, I AM enjoying TSO. We go to see them in concert this weekend. We’ll meet Jess and Colby for dinner then go to the concert

Terri – congrats to your youngest D

Had senior bowling then went for a walk around the neighborhood. It really is 2 miles, which is what I thought

Ginny – Usually I listen to SiriusSX while I’m taking my walk and sometimes during dinner. Last year they had a really good Halloween station, but they didn’t have it this year

I don’t seem to be having any luck finding a bowling themed decal for a ceramic dish so I might have to change to some sort of Christmas tree decal Update: the gal poured me a dish and is going to give me a decal that says "baked with love". I'd rather give her something she can use all year long that something that has a Christmas theme

I don’t know what it is, lately I haven’t been able to reach 10,000 steps, usually 7,8 or 9,000. I still walk about 2 miles/day

Well, I changed my silver and fit from the gym I go to now to the Y. I really miss the water aerobics and the gym I go to now, while very clean, doesn’t have a pool. Since they remodeled, I think the Y is cleaner, they have the cardio equipment I use, plus they have a pool. I’m thinking that if I transfer the Silver & Fit to FL for the month, even tho we don’t go down until mid Feb and it takes effect the first of Feb, I’m quite certain that Gina will let me use the Y. I’ll just check with her, but I suspect it’ll be OK

Tues here: Did Jerry ever smell! I swear, if he doesn’t take a shower today, all I can say is “thank goodness I’m not working tomorrow”

Debbie – I’m so sorry to hear about the cat. I know you loved it

Heather – good luck to Edie. Thanks for telling about the baking soda and how well it worked. I’m always on the lookout for a hint like that

Jess is having Thanksgiving. I told her I’d make a pumpkin pie (which only Colby and I will eat), kafli (like a pasta dish), she wants a chocolate pudding pie, and a sweet potato casserole (that only Colby and I will eat)

Really, it depends on what I need to wear as far as a sweater goes. I only don’t like turtlenecks, a v-neck is fine. Sometimes I need a cardigan, I’ll wear a pullover with pants when I need to wear a sweater. Don’t care for a hoodie

barbie – great sweater. I don’t think I could do something as nice

Told them at BK that since I won’t be there Fri and Sat of next week, I am flexible and if they want me to come in Wed. I can do that. If they want me Sun, Tues, I can do that. I’m flexible. They’ll let me know what the schedule will be

The plan for tomorrow is to do the stairstepper. Then I’ll take my walk then go to the MD for my annual “you’re still alive” visit then Aldi. The topsoil is being delivered tomorrow. Once before when we had some riverrock delivered Vince drew a circle with this spray paint where he wanted the guy to put the rock. He was very appreciative so I told Vince that he should do that again. He will tomorrow before the guy comes. Then tomorrow he’ll go up and rent the skidsteer.

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Not sure why I couldn't add this but

I went to ceramics tonight, finished the black on my skateboard turtle. Next week just have to do the touchup and clear glaze the white of the eye (because I'm too lazy to paint it). Then it'll be fired.

The gal said she'd help me with this bubble pattern for the plate. Should be interesting. She said it's easy to do (works for me...lol) I think others will be interested to see how it's done, too.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options