MUCH LOVE!

Kylia in stormy, Migraine Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    edbhynpedmld.jpg
    0h1xq9qicgba.jpg
    hhy0h0oagb0t.jpg
    Grey bear motivates me to exercise and relax.
    They all love being with us-lol! Funnily, they are no drama!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Today I am off to Walmart for Ensure and Depends. That is the next phase of this adventure. No wonder I was buying flashy new things on Amazon. By the way, I found something they don't carry- kits to knit a sweater. Maybe Etsy has them. Or maybe I don't really need one!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,438 Member
    Options
    Barbara- the local community pages I check out on Facebook have a number of guys that are advertising gutter clean out services. I keep noticing one who has a business license and does all kinds of handyman type jobs as well. I'm going to check him out for future tasks I might need to have done. Asking folks at your church or a favorite store where you shop for referrals might be productive too if you haven't found anyone yet.

A pox on everyone who was involved with of that oven repair part mess up. Also, let's add bird of paradise up the nose, elephant caressing them with toes, etc. :p

Annie - not sure how old your parent's house is - are there circuit breakers for the stove? I noticed mine has a dedicated one. I don't know if popping it on and off all the time would damage it, but it sure would stop current to the thing. This might be overkill and a too-drastic solution plus a pain in the rear. :# Maybe the home assessment person will have some good ideas.

Kylia - love your walking partner! And the photo of the bears relaxing, lol.

Lawn job today:
    It's supposed to be sunny this afternoon, and I need to get more yard work done. I took the little blower out yesterday and spread fallen maple leaves all over the front lawn where the grass is sparse and always takes a hit from summer drought. Leaves will add some humus as they break down more over the winter. Mowing over them with the big mower - it has a side discharge that blows them into rows yards away which isn't what I want. If the leaves are dry enough, my push mower might do the trick but it clogs easily if it hits any wet grass and there's plenty peeking through. I used the weed eater on leaves in the back last week and it did a fairly nice job of breaking them up a bit.

I have the big mower put away for the winter and besides, it's heavy and leaves ruts in the wet soil.

Anything to entertain the neighbors and make them feel less despondent over the state of THEIR lawns, lol.

And, I might take some of chicken "bedding" and toss in around on the 1/4 acre back side yard which is completely hidden from public view. It's in the same condition as that big patch in the front yard. Should have minimal smell. Anxious to see if the nitrogen does the trick. :p

I slept nearly 8 hours last night, good sleep. Milk and a CuraMed did the trick maybe. A few triscuits helped too? Whatever it was, I'm very grateful and needed the sleep.

That's it for now. Make it a good day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Heather have you had your Vit D levels checked and thyroid. If these are off they can affect your mood and sleep.

Lisa
    Add my voice to how gorgeous I think your pottery is!

Speaking of repairs. We have had a stretch of mild weather. Still I noticed water around my HVac Furnace at son's house. We have worked with the company I called for over thirty years. When I called she said she could send someone the next day or I would have to wait until after Thanksgiving. Colder weather is coming so I changed my plans and had the technician I like come out and service the Hvac. Turns out a tube that connects to the pump that removes the water from the Hvac came loose. I was so fortunate to get this fixed when I did because Thanksgiving day is going to be a high of 26. I give the people who come to do repairs a tip and or a Target gift card. I know it is already expensive to get work done. Here is US even paying more does not mean you get good service or the work done right. So when I find a good workman I give extra. I know the furnace would have been in trouble if it had not been repaired. With the type of winter we have here you are in trouble without a good working furnace!

I tried ginger tea last night rather than a snack of cheese and crackers and slept much better. Recipe Grated Fresh ginger about a thumbnail worth in a cup of water boiled for 7-10 minutes. Added a dash of sea salt, cinnamon, a slice of lemon juiced, half tsp of local honey in a glass jar.

:heart: Margaret
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Lisa- The pottery is gorgeous! Not sure WHY you couldn't wear gloves while working with clay. I would try it, if I wanted to pursue a hobby I liked. My hubby uses Capzasin with the no mess applicator (roll on). We usually have to order it online, as the stores don't seem to carry it regularly. Same with Joint Flex with Turmeric. All of that stuff has gotten SO expensive! I have decided to look into making my own pain relief creams using turmeric and capzacin.
    More of you I want to reply to; but will have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday! ttfn xoxox KJ (Kelly)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,378 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    We had a very productive afternoon! Managed to get to the hat shop to buy John the tweed cap I had promised him for his birthday. This is the third one he's had! The other two were lost/stolen. :|
    We also stopped at the sausage shop. Only four fennel ones left, so we snapped those up, and bought another four, the same, but with jalapeños in them. Hope they are not too hot for John.
    When we got off the bus, we were opposite the Halal shop that also sells frozen fish. I like their bags of tilapia to add to the jars of fish soup. Bought that. :)
    John has gone off to the fish market to buy the fish for Monday's fish pie. We can freeze it.
    Unfortunately, Edie can't come tomorrow for a painting session, as her cycling club has its prize giving day! :s:'( But the Christmas Eve pancake lunch for the grandchildren is on. :D
    Now got to think about their presents. I will ask DDIL. Edie loves to make a 'French dressing', so I'm thinking, for an extra, to get one of those 2 in 1 oil and vinegar sets. Amazon have some fun ones. I'm not buying any adult presents this year, apart from John's 'stocking'.

Kylia - I can see why you love them, but your soft toy collection freaked out my minimal/decluttering soul! But ..... whatever brings you happiness. <3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    Options
    Kelly I like Arnica cream or gel too for joint and muscle ache. It is a blood thinner too like turmeric so if on a blood thinner consult your doctor for safety. There is also a homopathic arnica remedy. I would not use if on blood thinners.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Well of course I was right back on Amazon to get non-dairy meal replacement shakes. I tried Walmart but they only had dairy ones. I did get the disposable underwear at Walmart. First time I've been there in over a year. What a huge busy store!

Annie in Delaware