WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Machka... love your taste in dresses. You look lovely. I also feel like this month and year has taken off and can't believe we are coming to the end of November soon and then not long til 2024. Crazy.

Rori, <3 sorry about your good friend and loved reading about your time with your gentleman friend.

(((Annie)))

Betsy in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Rori - So happy for you. :D<3

I decided to fold up the hem of my sweater to the inside. Then you can see the blue tank top, which brightens it. Navy long cardigan good with it. Happier now. :)

I've squirted WD40 into the elliptical where it's knocking. I have flattened and thrown out some Amazon boxes. Washed the wood floor by the front door. Scrubbed the tray I eat dinner off.
    I couldn't lay my hands on any screws, so haven't attempted the cupboard door. I know DH has some somewhere.
    I always get the urge to clean when DH goes out!

Yesterday my thigh went into spasm again as we were picking up Bea. It hasn't happened for over a month. I have downloaded a form that DDIL sent me the link to, to self-refer for NHS physiotherapy. I know it will take forever to get an appointment, but I have to make a start. I can't afford private treatment.
    A bit disappointing, as I have done quite a bit of walking about recently, with no reaction, other than normal aches. I do my own PT every day, plus massage.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Rori What a nice, thoughtful, heartfelt, and meaningful (at least to me) post. You sound so eloquent.

2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate a renewal of faith.
    Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 15/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    96 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,6471,5327, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 220/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)98/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/23. (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 47/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 11/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. I learned about Alonon and downloaded their app and read through it.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. I did this on my walk today.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about. Research time!
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax. Took a walk.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about. Have to think about this.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…” I will remember this!
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective. According to my therapist, this is called empathy. I do this but not enough. Will try to do better.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself. Staying in bed and resting today.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation. I do this most days at the park.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site. Will do!
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before. My DH does this all the time! He does all the cooking.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them. Hmmmm
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them. I will!
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
    ]

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: Sea otter cam at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, changed from 6:30 grey to dawn pink at 6:35.
    Heather, “ambivert” that’s it! That was a beautiful dress and you were gorgeous in it. Good memories. Did you consider taking it to a consignment shop?
    Ginny sorry no word on the followup. Squeaky wheels. . .
    Lanette good riddance to pantyhose indeed! You could add a slot car track so we could drop off our husbands and our dogs at the same time . . . ;}
    Kylia hope your SIL’s C-19 is mild and you can see the grands soon.
    Barbie :love: Jake’s "Let's just take this one day at a time and come from a place of love". Joe, like Jake will sometimes surprise me with his compassion. :love: I’d love to be in a group of people charmed and delighted by you, oh wait, I am, it’s here! “…if you wait quietly the universe will tell you what to do…” thanks, I needed that.
    Annie did I miss your birthday? Belated best wishes.
    Gina Happy anniversary and congrats on the 170s!
    Beth ROTFL! Bet I know how you know ;)
    Tracey that’ll teach me to call Joe a Grinch. Nevermore! If you think pantyhose were miserable, I remember nylon stockings and girdles. :sick: Love the pic of your daughter’s veil with appliques from your wedding dress. You really put that sad accident to positive use. Can see the different personalities in each snowman. Brava
    Debbie thanks for the saran and Ziploc tips for freezing fudge. I’ll make fudge when I’m wishing I could start baking. . .
    Carol hope no damage to you and yours from the storm.
    Michele :laugh: apparently neither can Beth wait that long… :laugh: Thanks for the cookie sheet tip.
    Allie I’m glad you decided not to go to Jim’s funeral. When you’re not feeling well, stay home. The other attendees will understand and appreciate, Hope your breathing improves, but if not, please call your MD. RSV is on the rise.
    Flea sorry to hear it won’t be possible to buy/build on that lot. “lots of quiet time…” way to put a positive spin on that long drive.
    Vicki yah no, standing around in the cold and snowy waiting for photographer, not an ideal way to spend a winter weekend…
    Pip :laugh: When you make your own dog treats, you know what (only) good stuff you put in them. Lucky pooches.
    Rori what a heartfull post! So happy about N and all the joyful year’s memories.
    Rebecca bet you can’t wait for February ;)
    Lisa “Power to the sisterhood, indeed. You all have taken up residence in my heart, and I am thankful for that...” Amen, sister, amen!
    Time to snooze zzzzz
    11/21: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, chair yoga, Stout park stroll, Jeopardy walking. Steps:7027
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=0 CI<CO net=464 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, reconcile checking account, visa and pay, MD appointment, Thrift and gift store shopping. Wt:131.4
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

That’s y I started making them, cuz I knew what goes in them and I had the time to do it
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Kykia-the Beavercreek shooting is very sad. Why a 20 year old would be in that dark of a space is scary-but it seems to be happening more and more. We are seeing younger youth committing acts that are unbelievable-and we can find no where to safely place them for treatment. Sorry that Covid has popped up in your family-it is still going around. Seems to be a mix between mild cases and more severe. I am going to try to get my next vaccine this weekend or next.

Annie-very scary your mom's episode. Her not being sure what happened is rather normal with dementia. Thankfully she landed on her bottom at top of steps and didn't take tumble. One step at a time friend.

Rori-what a lovely interlude with your friend. It is a nice way to let the relationship slowly grow and see where it goes. At the very least-you seem to have a very good friend. So sorry to hear of you long time friend with her health fading. It is very sad to watch. Of course you will go to provide comfort and love to her.

Beth-I have never used Lipo Flavonoid. From the label it appears to be primarily a lot of b complex.

Debbie-hope sale in SF ends up being worth the work!

Michelle-a friend of mine traded her Hyundai in when all the troubles started being reported. I agree with you, it seems it takes manufacturers way too long to come up with fixes.

Pip-we used a food dehydrator for years to make beef jerky. We all liked eating it and it saved on money. My oldest son would sell some to his friends at school! It will no doubt be healthier for your kids and once it is in dehydrator doesn't take much actual work.

Allie-hope you are feeling better. I also think you made a wise choice not going to funeral. You did not need to take germs to others and also-if you have a weakened condition right now, you don't want to pick something else on top of it. Flu, RSV and whooping cough are all going around, along with other things. Rest.

Going in to work util around 12:45-have 1 pm hair appointment. Beautician had hysterectomy in October. I am surprised she is actually back to work this quick. However, if she doesn't work she doesn't get paid. I will tip extra today for her Christmas tip. Then on to foot doctor at 3-hope to get some answers.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Never been a big fan of jersey, Kirby likes it, told him to make enough for him only if he makes them. Apples were done yesterday, now he’s doing bananas. Not much time, just peel and slice.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Today enjoy some of the following!

nnent107qnur.jpeg
    g9h44fdzxhsz.jpeg

RVRita
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: Joe said “I know what you can get me for Christmas, a bench for the powerline meadow.” Amazing as he usually wants nothng for and to do with the holidays. Showed Joe 3 possible garden benches, liked the one he chose ;) Then he said “we can sit on it together and watch the ocean.” :heart::heart::heart:
    Heather the very happiest of anniversaries to you and Johnny. :love: hearing your stories read to the next generation. :heart:
    Rosemarie so glad you had such an enjoyable trip.
    Kylia thankful your DED has a dog sitter with nerves of steel. When I was about 12 a family friend taught his daughter and me gun safet and how to shoot a 22 rifle. Still remember being surprised by the “kick”. Sunday socializing and sending the men off on their own, do they stay together? Sounds like a good way to sneak in some socialization for the guys too! Thinking of Machka’s dementia causes posts. . .
    Annie :heartbreak: and just ((hugs)) Really hope your Mom will accept bathing and other help from the home health nurse.
    Lanette love your questions and how you think.
    Margaret I’ve always carried too much around my waist. There are pictures of me as a skinny legged child with a pot belly, not quite kwashiorkor but . . . Hope your MD has some next steps to help with your breathing.
    Rebecca your sister’s place is beautiful! Sure hope her riding mower is a mulcher. . . ;)
    Debbie, Lisa, Michele Thanks! Do you freeze the fudge before you cut it into squares? Any special wrapping?
    Lisa looks like Egg put her foot down. That’s enough writing for now!
    Sue, yours to Annie. Truth that.
    Vicki so glad you had a good weekend, you deserve it and many more.
    Rebecca “ But I felt sad to tell her. I have learned I can't force Lee into situations he is not comfortable in. I have to also support my husband, and not be one sided or another.” Yes this. Took me a very very very long time to come to your wisdom and still sometimes grieve Joe’s absence from social gatherings, but have to respect his boundaries/comfort level.
    Carol fingers Xd for the leaf removal.
    Ginny what a cute little bug-in-a-rug Luna is! :love:
    Barbie thankful Jake is OK. Love the good for you both long walk with Annie. Treats, positive behaviors and interactions and best of all her nap with Jake ;)
    Tracey Rodger and Joe could be brothers from another mother. I’m a half intro and half extra, an ixtrovert? Need time out and about with people, then quiet time at home to recover :laugh:
    Machka agree. I use “partner” when I don’t know if a couple is married or not.
    11/20: Move: ZERO sets PT , line dance class, dogs to powerline, Steps:8254
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=15 CI<CO net=442 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, library, Post Office, Grocery Outlet, found piano scales fingerings. Wt:131.2
    Time to snooze. Need to get up early to get PT exercises in before MD appointment. Hope s/he has something helpful to say about right leg pains… ;}
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

She has an attachment that sucks all the leaves up and shoots them in a bag thingie. Then she puts the leaves on her burn pile. Her granddaughters come out and help her. They are 6, 8,13. Each of them can drive the gator well. 😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

We mulch all our leaves and pruning and use them on our garden beds to help protect the plants and keep moisture in.

I was going to suggest bagging them like she does, then mulching them.

M in Oz

Now I don't know if her attachment also mulches them as they are sucked up, not quite sure how all that works.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit miffed at my eldest sister the last time we video chatted. I was telling her about the gift I bought eldest. Its a pillow that is a "plushie" in the shape of a cute ramen bowl, with noodles, egg, and nori on it. I thought it was cute and he would get a kick out of it. My sister instantly said, "how old is your son, he's not a child"! Thinking back on it, I didn't say anything. And the last couple of days thinking I should give it to Athena, and not my son. But Athena isn't a ramen lover so it is a weird gift.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Tracey – I think Lisa figured out one of the underlying issues – the finances and fears. Could you have a conversation about the issues from that direction? Maybe DH would consider meds if it was not about his dad, but to work with you to fulfill the financial goals you have together?

Rebecca – yes your son is an adult, but all of your sons have the quirky bits, and just like the eldest still loves lego, your middle is a lover of ramen – and you love it together - When I heard you found a ramen stuffie I thought it was brilliant.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Got a call from my dr and said they have no room to see me and go to the ER .
    I don't think I need the ER but if I do need to go,I'll go.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Rebecca - I'm there with Kim, I think your son would be absolutely tickled with the plushie, and that you know him better than your sis does. Some of my most popular gifts have been a toy for an adult. I did something every year for my ex that was "if I'd had the money, I'd have bought you a real one," including a car and a space shuttle. Trust your own knowledge of your son.

Allie - Go if you need to, but sleep might do a lot for you right now...

Annie - One after another, kid, like Allie said, sometimes you just deal with it an hour at a time. Thinking about you, sending many hugs.