• Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Cardio 30 min
    Stretch
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Turkey burn soulcycle! Survivor series. 60 min cycling and hand weights.

Happy Thanksgiving 🍁

rwbe0f9sjgvj.jpeg
  • mgood4x4
    mgood4x4 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Horseback riding.
    v5zdm3fd1fuy.jpg

I searched for "Horseback" within the MFP Fitness & Exercise category and the last post was Jun 29, 2023, and 1 result in this discussion back in 2018. Is there anyone else here that does horseback riding as their workouts?
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    mgood4x4 wrote: »
    Horseback riding.
    v5zdm3fd1fuy.jpg

I searched for "Horseback" within the MFP Fitness & Exercise category and the last post was Jun 29, 2023, and 1 result in this discussion back in 2018. Is there anyone else here that does horseback riding as their workouts?

Nice! I don't go horse backing riding but love horses.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Day one of 2023 Concept 2 Holiday Challenge completed, so I guess I'm doing it? :D I hope?

I slowed down a little, trying to stay in Z3 or lower because of planned volume increase. I jumped literally 2 beats over the (estimated) Z4 line for 3 minutes of the 45 minutes, so not bad. 3 x 2k, 1 x 1k, plus 2' row in/out between the pieces and a 3' CD. Total of 8,329m including the row in/outs and cool down.

It's surprising how much less fatiguing a tiny decrease in pace is. I was trying to stick just below a 2:35 (per 500m) split, so these 2k pieces took only about 20-25 seconds more time for each 2k than the Z4 ones the other day, 10 minutes and teens seconds vs. 9 minutes and 50-something seconds. They felt much easier. I did let myself increase the rating (strokes per minute) by 1 or 2, so using slightly more drive speed and less power to get the pace. (That's sort of bad form IMO, but I did try not to go lower power than 10m per stroke.) It was noticeably less tiring. Cardio intensity is weird.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Day 2, stationary bike (i.e., C2 BikeErg), 15k plus 3 minute cool down for 16,237 total meters at 103W average to keep it moderate, overwhelming majority Z3 topping out at a mere 75% HRmax.

Starting plan is 6 days on, one day (Sunday) off, alternating the RowErg pattern I used last night with this bike pattern, all moderate intensity at least until I'm sure I won't over-fatigue if I go harder; now through Christmas Eve.
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    mgood4x4 wrote: »
    Horseback riding.
    v5zdm3fd1fuy.jpg

I ride every Sunday and mention it on here :) although my share horse has been coming back from lameness so we've been a bit limited recently! But you're right there are no active horse riding groups on here unfortunately.

I've done very little all week, my head cold got much worse and wiped me out, and then my motivation has also massively dipped. Have managed a little yoga on Thursday and Friday but did a 7k walk this afternoon.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Back to RowErg, 3 x 2k, 1 x 1k, plus 2' row in/out between the pieces and a 3' CD. Total of 8,331m including the row in/outs and cool down.

Pace on the pieces (excluding row in/out and CD) was 2:33.6 per 500m at average 19spm.

Mostly Z3, aiming for nothing over that, but again I was 2bpm into Z4 5% of the time - close enough.

Scheduled rest day tomorrow.
  • laurachambers86
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Short horse ride today, was -1°C when we headed out so I was in no mood to hang about but pony had other ideas! We only managed 2.8km, I had plans this afternoon so a longer ride was out of the question today unfortunately.
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    itsaboutthattimeagain Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    * Peloton - 45-minutes bootcamp (cycling and full body strength training with weights) w/Tunde.

* Peloton - 10-minutes full body stretch w/Jermaine.

* Peloton - 15-minutes acceptance meditation w/Chelsea.
  • mgood4x4
    mgood4x4 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    cyedujovtgms.jpg
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I went scuba diving in a quarry in Somerset this weekend. It's not my favourite thing (the sea is better); but quite a few people from my club needed training.

It was fun. The water temperature was OK (around 10 Centigrade), although it was cold outside. There was a frost on Saturday which never thawed; it was between -2 and +2 C outside.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,020 Member
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 5x5
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Had a day off work today so took myself off for a walk on a route I hadn't done before. 4.6km so nothing crazy, but enjoyed being outdoors before the rain came.

This afternoon I walked to the gym, did 40 minutes of core and arm work. First time back in a week and a half due to illness so took it relatively easy.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Starting off the week with stationary bike, 15k + 3 minute cool down, about 40 minutes and 109 average watts across the whole thing, 80% Z3, the remainder below. Average heart rate 133bpm (74% HRmax), peak 144bpm (80%).
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    Options
    All Peloton:

*30 minutes strength training: Glutes and legs using 8lb hand weights and 20lb kettlebell.

*15 minutes Barre: lower body

*10 minutes lower body stretch

*10 minutes level up meditation
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Push day.

3x8 barbell bench
    3x12 machine fly
    3x8 standing barbell OHP
    3x12 machine skull crushers
    3x10 tricep curls