kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    December Goal: 130 Miles

12/1: 3.30 miles
    12/3: 10.10 miles
    12/5: 6.31 miles
    12/6: 6.31 miles

26.02/130 miles completed for December

It was 34° F this morning and I pretty much ran the same 6.3 mile run as yesterday. It was colder than yesterday, and colder than I like, but other than that it was a lovely run. I saw two pairs of glowing eyes. I thought maybe cats or small dogs. Turned out it was foxes. I really only saw one for sure. By the time I got to where they were, one had scattered but the one I saw clearly was definitely a fox. Then about half a mile down the road I saw three deer. They were on the soccer field where I often see deer in the mornings.

@scott6255 That is so funny. Lucky for you you have a twin brother who knows how old you are.

@polskagirl01 Oh no! Sorry about the family emergency and being stuck at the airport does not help. The cake looks pretty good though.

@quilteryoyo Hope the shin pain is nothing serious and doesn't affect your race this weekend.

exercise.png
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 681 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    exercise.png

5K afternoon walk

7.2 miles total so far in December

@polskagirl01 - sorry to hear - hope you have a nice rest this evening and a pleasant trip home tomorrow.

@quilteryoyo - hope that shin pain is temporary and you recover quickly.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Thanks @tarun_yadavA .

Nice running @yirara . You'll have to let us know how you like the plan.

Oh no @polskagirl01 ! I hope you can get a flight back to the states tomorrow. Prayers for the family emergency. That cake looks pretty good.

Congratulations @Laurz9191 ! That's exciting. When is the race?

Thanks @eleanorhawkins ! I hope the family situation is all better. That does sound stressful. Great running today. So, how does that race work? Why do you have to stand around waiting for the next loop?

Thanks @kgirlhart . Great running. I think seeing a couple of glowing eyes in the dark would freak me out. Maybe I'm just a big ol' scaredy cat. :lol:

Thank you @daria0919 ! Nice walking.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Thanks @tarun_yadavA .

Nice running @yirara . You'll have to let us know how you like the plan.

Thanks a lot @quilteryoyo I've done this before and it's a really nifty feature of more expensive garmin watches. On Friday I'll have a 30 minute run (with target pace, but probably a bit too fast for me currently) and on Sunday a 40 minute run. Monday will give me stride repeats (basically mini intervals) and Wednesday is my long run. Have not seen more of it as of now.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart so very sorry to hear about your pup…. This type of decision is always so difficult. ((Hugs))
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart very sorry about dog 😢 I feel for you!!! Putting both my labs down (15 years apart) was one of the saddest days of my life.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    01.12 8km walk during day plus concert
    02.12 22km walk during day plus concert
    03.12 8km walk during day
    05.12 3°C 4.0km 32min 8:05/km
    06.12 1°C 1.2km 9min 7:38/km
    07.12 1°C 3.6km 30min 8:18/km

8.79km/80.5km

Great weather and nice run. Snow of the previous week is gone now and the road was dry. Perfect. This was not part of my Garmin coach programme but just a run I did for the sake of it.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart omg sorry to hear about your dog 😥