What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    @springlering62 ...IKR!! I'm still mourning a few of my favorite pieces and keep hoping I'll find a way to make them work.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    [quote="springlering62: I’m going through a period where I can’t button a lot of my pants, yet my trainer constantly asks if I’ve lost more weight. It feels like my thighs and butt are thinner, and my ribs have come in to “ normal” person status instead of splayed out, and it’s all conspiring to push everything between ribs and thighs into my abdomen. [/quote]

I didn't know ribs did that! Does that happen if a person gains a lot of visceral fat? I carried weight all over but now most of what is left is in the abdominal area. Very little anywhere else. Unusual for a female but there it is. I never noticed my ribs being spread out more but maybe that's because the fat was more external?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    @BrightEyedAgain

Insightful x1,000

Wow. That hit home.
  • 10byfaith
    10byfaith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How cold your hands get at below 60

That you have to dry your belly button out after a shower

I'm at work sneaking on here for inspiration! Love this post! LMAO!!! I'm in a quiet office and just lol. Let them wonder...
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,029 Member
    Options
    jmulgrew1 wrote: »
    The people who try to talk you out of sticking to the plan have one or two problems. The first and most likely is that you are making them feel guilty or are showing them up and they don't want that. It is a personal problem with them and not you. The second is this. We live in a country where 66% of people are over weight. No one is shocked, but they should be. the reality is that obese people are the norm and when someone begins to go the other direction they stick out. We are like fish swimming upstream. You will be persecuted for getting healthy and that tells you how bad things are in this country when it comes to health and it also tells you why you must stick to your plan!

This is smart perspective. I’ve found the “making them feel guilty” part to be the feeling I’ve gotten. By doing NOTHING except living your own life and bettering yourself. No words or actions against them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!