DECEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 And congrats on your HM PR!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,095 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Condolences on the loss of your dad. I'm so glad the travel chaos worked out and you made it home.

@Scott6255 Congrats on the new PR! 🎉

@quilteryoyo Can't wait to hear about your 10 miler! Heading over to Strava after this to see how it went!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,095 Member
    Options
    December total: 44.7/164 miles

12/1: 6 miles
    12/2: 12 miles
    12/4: 9 miles
    12/5: 2.7 miles
    12/7: 5 miles
    12/9: 10 miles

Tough one today. It was about 73F and 90% humidity after having a few weeks of pretty good temps. Though still not quite as hot and humid as the summer, it was definitely summer-esque.
    I fell into my long run pace pretty easily, which was too fast for these conditions and by mile 5 I was struggling. I slowed down, took a few walk breaks, and just focused on getting it done. I'm ready for the incoming cold front!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Saw that I was on pace to break my HM PR ( Houston 2018) after I hit 10K, so just tried not to slow down. Ended up with a new PR by 3 minutes 😁

Hey, that's great! What a story, and 3:00 mins is no joke.

A birthday week and a PR week.... pretty good in my book. Congrats @Scott6255
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Stay safe @AlphaHowls

Congrats on the PR @Scott6255 - 3 minutes is WOW!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,920 Member
    Options
    @daria0919 wrote: »
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Very active weather day, very stressed and ate some of my feelings.

We are 'safe' here in Adams, TN
    Glad to hear @AlphaHowls!

Same storm is heading our way tonight and tomorrow here in Virginia. Right now says thunderstorms for us. Hopefully no tornadoes.

Prayers for you and yours! Stay safe!

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,857 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA did your son snap a photo of you and post it? too funny. Yeah if it was me and I woke up to a house full of drunks passed out I think I might be a little upset also. Maybe a good thing you are staying at your Mom's for a while.

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Morning all - pouring rain here today. Having granddaughters over for indoor holiday decorating, so won’t get a walk in today.

@tarun_yadavA nice run. Love the story and photos! 😆

@daria0919 I'm on Strava as Vicky R. @quilteryoyo I put in a friend request on Strava. Hope your race went well!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Oh @tarun_yadavA maybe one day you'll learn...but best to you!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,733 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles this morning. At 6:30 it was dark and raining but rain is in the forecast for all day so I figured I may as well get it done. The temp was 52F so it wasn't too uncomfortable. Glad you are safe @AlphaHowls. The storm rolled through here last night. Thankfully, the mountains we have usually protect us from the tornadic conditions. We did have thunder and lightning but no high winds.

Way to go on that HM PR @Scott6255!

Fun night for you @tarun_yadavA! Hope all goes well with your mom's recovery and I'm glad that you can be there for her.

@daria0919 - what part of Virginia are you located? I'm in down in the corner in the southwest part close to the TN/NC/WV/KY state lines.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,024 Member
    Options
    That looks like a lot of fun @Teresa502 . I love the picture of you "in" the carriage.

@kgirlhart Hugs to you. I know it was hard to let Bunny go. I'm glad you were able to make it out for a walk with Pup.

You're doing great @daria0919 . Congrats on your longest distance since Oct. So glad your husband went with you.

Wow! Amazing @Scott6255 ! Great job on the PR for the HM on a whim. You are amazing.

You are doing great with the mileage @SummerSkier !

Nice running in those conditions @martaindale ! I defiantly feel yah.

You are doing great @project9percent .

Are you okay @AlphaHowls ? I saw the tornado damage down that way. I hope it was not near you.

Thanks @tarun_yadavA . Your poor wife. No wonder you are in the dog house! At least someone cared enough to put a pillow under your head. :lol: I hope your mom's surgery goes well.

Have fun decorating @daria0919 . I think I accepted your request. If not, let me know and I'll look again.

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    So running streak ended.

Men's drunken escapades are adorable. Am I right?

😁