How to lose weight if you have grey zone insulin resistance pcos and you are taking Diane 35

Options
Girl between 20-25 and have to lose 15 kg in 3 month

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,919 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    That is a question for your PCP. I suspect your injecting insulin daily, so not something your going to get a definitive answer to considering this is specific to your personal medication and who knows if your a type 1 or type 2 diabetic and not something you should consider an alternative, as well no two people will have the same etiology so it can't be compared anyway.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    15 kg (33 pounds) in a month is an extremely aggressive goal.

It is something that should only be attempted in extreme circumstances, and then only when under close medical supervision. That's because of the health risk of something so extreme.

That medical team should give you detailed information about how to do it.

It would be irresponsible for a random Internet idiot like me to give you advice, with so little information about your background, situation, and detailed health history.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

It is something that should only be attempted in extreme circumstances, and then only when under close medical supervision. That's because of the health risk of something so extreme.

It would be irresponsible for a random Internet idiot like me to give you advice, with so little information about your background, situation, and detailed health history.

Ciao Ann. I believe she said 15 kilos in 3 months. That would still be over 10 lbs a month. Still very aggressive and not to be attempted without a doctor's say so. Somebody would have to take the responsibility if things went wrong.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Ciao Ann. I believe she said 15 kilos in 3 months. That would still be over 10 lbs a month. Still very aggressive and not to be attempted without a doctor's say so. Somebody would have to take the responsibility if things went wrong.

Oops, you're right. That's what I get for replying to posts before breakfast. Thank you for the correction, @snowflake954
    !

33 pounds in 3 months IS still pretty aggressive, unless in the range of 300+ pounds bodyweight. Either way, with OP's complex health history, I'd still say she should be working closely with a medical team to monitor for deficiencies or complications, and that that team should be providing quite detailed eating/activity guidance to meet that goal. At minimum, consulting a registered dietitian - one with experience with those health issues - would be a good idea.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    kum9348 wrote: »
    Girl between 20-25 and have to lose 15 kg in 3 month

If this is doctor recommended, what is your diet plan? If they failed to provide you a plan please request a dietitian. Good luck!!
  • kum9348
    kum9348 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    So ideally how much I should lose in a month so I will be in safe zone? I am under 70 kg . And yes it is doctor recommendation.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    kum9348 wrote: »
    So ideally how much I should lose in a month so I will be in safe zone? I am under 70 kg . And yes it is doctor recommendation.

I'm curious why your doctor wants you to lose that fast, but you don't have to tell me.

I don't know your situation or complete health history. If you are under 70kg (154 pounds, for other USA-ians like me), that doesn't sound super overweight unless you're quite petite height.

If I were in that situation (with my health history, not yours), I would shoot for something in the vicinity of 0.5 kg per week, or slower. For clarity, I have been at that weight, losing at around that rate,
    and I am about 165 cm (5'5"). (That was back a few years during my major weight loss phase, having started at about 83 kg (183 pounds). I now weigh about 59-60 kg. )

An accurate 0.5 kg per week would mean losing around 6 kg in 3 months, though, not 15.

It may be safe to lose faster if your doctor has you under close medical monitoring for deficiencies or complications.

But you should pay more attention to your doctor than to random idiots like me on the internet, IMO.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    70kg would require one to be near 5ft tall or less (152cm range) in order to be hitting the obese range.

Depending on comorbidities obese could be dangerous to health. Sounds like this is more than a typical type 2 diabetes case?

I'm also confused by safe zone.

Whether obese, overweight, or normal weight there is no safe zone. There is only relative risk.

If we are talking speed of weight loss when referencing safe zone, generally anything more than 1% of body weight per week is getting up in the aggressive category. If someone were suggesting faster than 1.5%, after understanding why they were doing so, I would still go get a second opinion.

Abstract numbers are one thing. Boots on the ground are something else.

Large pushes have large reactions. Some good; some bad.

Losing is one thing. Losing and not regaining is another

You should lose some weight so as to be healthier and improve your risk profile is a serious doctor recommendation that should be followed, in my random internet stranger personal opinion, in the manner most likely to lead to long term success.

Lose 30lbs in a month or die is a doctor order and would be treated by me as a different issue depending on the why