What’s did everyone have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Eggs ranchero (3eggs) with bocconcini and mild Italian sausage (2 links), mixed green salad with lemon and olive oil dressing, espresso and some sparkling. Ketogenic favorite.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Coffee With Cream and sugar...
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Dunkin wake up wrap and coffee. Not Frappuccino or Cappuccino. Coffee.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Coffee With Cream & Sugar 😋
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    It's an early start, so breakfast then the gym in an hour. 8oz striploin with 4 poached eggs, small green salad, pickled beets and sparkling, finished with a double espresso. :)
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Six ounces of lean ground turkey. Due to a rare medical condition, I can't ingest carbs/fats on my first meal until medication has been in my system for 2 hours, and I don't wait that long to eat. My first meal is a liquid protein meal, and then I have a protein meal within 90-120 minutes of the liquid meal.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Coffee With Cream & Sugar and sweet potato casserole
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Coffee With Cream & Sugar, cinnamon toast and pecans
  • Steelerzchik70
    Steelerzchik70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Two Scrambled eggs with some added egg whites, and some spinach and a little bit of goat cheese on top. 2 cups of coffee.
  • Corina1143
    Options
    Subway roast beef--leftover from yesterday. It was there. I was hungry. Didn't need to cook, just eat. A complete win!
  • mrsstoll2016
    mrsstoll2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Normally oatmeal with fruit in it and black coffee but today was peanut butter and banana toast with a cup of mixed berries and coffee as I was on the go
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I slept in WAAAY too late today, noon-thirty! So it turned into an OMAD kinda day. Coffee, an orange, and a two egg, mushrooms, onions, peppers, chili sauce, queso panera, and bacon on rye sandwich. 800 calories of very filling yum!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Coffee With Cream & Sugar, croissant and banana
  • NotGvnUp_EJ
    NotGvnUp_EJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Boca Vegan Patty, Wild Rice, Brocolli and a little spinach. With a little avacado oil. 302 Calories total
  • AdahPotatah2024
    edited January 3
    Options

Chrononutrition? I hope coffee and cream and sugar counts as breakfast in this study!

In contrast, prolonged fasting is only beneficial if it is done by having an early breakfast (before 8am) and an early dinner.

"Our results suggest that a first meal before 8 am and a last meal before 7 pm may help reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes," concludes Manolis Kogevinas, ISGlobal researcher and co-author of the study.

In fact, the same ISGlobal team had already provided evidence on the association between an early dinner and a lower risk of breast or prostate cancer.

Taken together, these results consolidate the use of chrononutrition (i.e. the association between diet, circadian rhythms and health) to prevent type 2 diabetes and other chronic diseases.

Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal). "An early breakfast may reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes."
    ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 18 July 2023. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/07/230718105633.htm>.
  • Corina1143
    Options
    Lately I've been having steak and eggs in a tortilla, coffee with skim milk. I love it, but I've been gaining weight, so I may have to quit.
  • BikingChronicle
    BikingChronicle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    35 grams of oatmeal, 10 grams of hemp seeds, 10 grams of chia seeds, 2 grams of coconut oil, and 6.5 ounces of 1% milk mixed in with the oats. Then I had a cup of black tea, and 3 fish oil capsules. 324 calories.
  • ryannxtlvl
    ryannxtlvl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Right now my daily breakfast I have programmed is 3 whole eggs, 3/4 cup egg whites, and 8 ounces of 93/7 ground beef. I add in 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt and taco seasoning. Drizzle some sriracha on top. AMAZING. If I am in a bulk I will wrap it in a tortilla burrito style.
  • stegeem
    stegeem Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Coffee with stevia, one and a half vanilla wine biscuits
  • Corina1143
    Options
    This morning I didn't eat breakfast cause I had a Dr. Appointment and she said we would do blood tests today. We didn't. Lunch at 11am