What’s did everyone have for breakfast?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I make a sourdough "pancake" for breakfast (just straight up sourdough starter poured in a hot pan) and 2 eggs. orange juice, coffee, and some shredded carrot salad. I don't know why I feel the need to have so many different things :D
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    2 scrambled eggs, 1/3 cup of colby jack, 2 tbs of salsa, and 2 carbcounter tortillas.

So. Tacos, basically.
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    coffee
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Our typical MWF breakfast: mixed berries, coffee, and a veggie and cheese frittata (mushrooms, peppers, carrots, scallions, zucchini, spinach, eggs, egg whites, cheddar).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Nothing. Don't eat till after 12pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

What do you normally eat then?
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Green tea , 2 chocolate metamucil biscuits and an apple. Will probably have a fage plain greek yogurt (full fat) a little bit later maybe with blueberries and raspberries.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Maple and brown sugar oatmeal packet (it's what I have and I don't want to waste food) with chia seeds, blueberries, and banana.

Oh, and water. May have a tea here in a bit though cause it is chilly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    edited October 2022
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

What do you normally eat then?
    I only eat "lunch" and "dinner" and then snack on whatever. I just make sure to fulfill my protein requirements and other RDA's. I'm not a clean eater. I'll eat junk and fast foods as long as they fit into my daily caloric need. But I do eat up to 10:30pm-11pm so I have energy for the morning.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2022
    I had 1 can of sardines, 125 g of canned crushed tomatoes, 125 g of a frozen blend of carrots, onions, celery and red and green bell peppers with one clove of garlic, two tablespoons of psyllium husks and one tablespoon of my self-made spice mixture for a total of 263 Kcal, not including the garlic and the spices because that is too much work to determine for such a negligible quantity.

It is my favourite and standard first meal. I eat it at noon, because I am exploiting the anorexic effect of sleep. Not everyone has that, but I do, and it does make my life less difficult than it would be without it. I must be doing something right, since I have lost close to 60 kg over the past four years and am nearing the end goal even if I don't have an actual target weight. Physicial reality will tell me what that is and I plan to have a Dexa scan to see how close that is to reality. Right now, I am still so obviously overweight it would be a waste of effort, time and money but I am sort-of hoping for the end of this year or the beginning of 2023.

I much prefer fresh or frozen sardines, but they are more difficult to get here in Toronto and, in view of the pandemic, they are easier to stock up on without filling up the freezer, so they are a compromise. Not the best possible but still tasty.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    My current standard breakfast - 80g of full fat cottage cheese, mixed with a small tin of tuna and a crapton of Frank's Red Hot.
  • neanderthin
    edited October 2022
    I had 1 can of sardines, 125 g of canned crushed tomatoes, 125 g of a frozen blend of carrots, onions, celery and red and green bell peppers with one clove of garlic, two tablespoons of psyllium husks and one tablespoon of my self-made spice mixture for a total of 263 Kcal, not including the garlic and the spices because that is too much work to determine for such a negligible quantity.

It is my favourite and standard first meal. I eat it at noon, because I am exploiting the anorexic effect of sleep. Not everyone has that, but I do, and it does make my life less difficult than it would be without it. I must be doing something right, since I have lost close to 60 kg over the past four years and am nearing the end goal even if I don't have an actual target weight. Physicial reality will tell me what that is and I plan to have a Dexa scan to see how close that is to reality. Right now, I am still so obviously overweight it would be a waste of effort, time and money but I am sort-of hoping for the end of this year or the beginning of 2023.

I much prefer fresh or frozen sardines, but they are more difficult to get here in Toronto and, in view of the pandemic, they are easier to stock up on without filling up the freezer, so they are a compromise. Not the best possible but still tasty.

Try Diana's in Scarborough 416-288-9286 They deliver as well I believe. I've ordered fresh sardines in the past.

https://dianasseafood.com/

I use them for my restaurant as most top end restaurants do as well. Right now, I'm getting fresh halibut, red snapper, shrimp, scallops, oysters and also live lobster along with sea asparagus. Oh, and Salt Spring Island mussels.
  • neanderthin
    Today I'm having smoked trout and eggs. The trout I brined and smoked myself.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    A thick slice of the bread I made last night with a butter-olive oil blend spread. Mmmm.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Thank you for the suggestion!

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    I cook 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 tbs of butter, kale and a sprinkling of shredded italian cheese almost every day.
  • farinn
    farinn Posts: 2 Member
    A slice of toasted sourdough with some turkey and bean chili on top, a fried egg, avocado slices, greek yogurt and hot sauce. So good.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member

Try Diana's in Scarborough 416-288-9286 They deliver as well I believe. I've ordered fresh sardines in the past.

https://dianasseafood.com/

I use them for my restaurant as most top end restaurants do as well. Right now, I'm getting fresh halibut, red snapper, shrimp, scallops, oysters and also live lobster along with sea asparagus. Oh, and Salt Spring Island mussels.

I am in your area - care to share your restaurant so we can give it a try?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Wendy’s bacon, egg, cheese biscuit with only 1/2 the biscuit. I will have the top for lunch or dinner. I love Wendy’s biscuits, but don’t have them often because it is so hard to get near my macro targets on those days. I was willing to do the work today cause I haven’t had one in months.
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Crockpot Oatmeal- (half cup Bob's Red Mill extra thick oats, 1 cup spring water, and 1 4oz cup Mott's apple sauce cooked on high 2-2.5 hrs... then about 3 teaspoons of butter, 3tsp organic maple syrup added, and topped with cinnamon sugar) and coffee