• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Monday
    Workout: 10 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 107.2 lbs

Goals:
    1. Reach 104.0lbs by 1/1/24
    2. Punch in 30 minutes early every day (be an Outstanding employee).
    3. Read 1 chapter Bible every day
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Today, just a very enjoyable casual walk with a friend at a moderate pace, complimenting and petting other walkers' dogs along the way (so fun!). One golden retriever was so gung-ho for pets that he was straining at his harness to the point of hard breathing, even though we were moving toward him and petting to keep him in range of adequate oxygen.

We're having unseasonably warm weather, 50s F (low teens C) today, when sub-freezing and snow/ice would be more normal. Nice to be outdoors!
  • SeanR7694
    SeanR7694 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started the focussed 12 week plan this week after some calorie debauchery over Christmas :-)

Session 1 on Assault bike 20 min @ 275-300 for 200 calories

Session 2 weights after 15 min mobility warmup drills ; chest for 15 sets for 410 calories

Total calories for day goal 1850 net.

Total calories for day actual 1500 net
  • 95km90
    95km90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tried Pilates on reformer
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Making the most of what's left of my gym membership (cancelled for Jan and Feb to try something a bit different), yesterday did full body mainly using machines. Today more of the same :)
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    50 minutes of Pilates Reformer. I was supposed to do a swimming session just prior to that but my calf was a bit sore. Doing my 1 mile swim tomorrow morning! 😊
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yoga and a 4 mile run
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    OK, I took my few days off, did some fun stuff (Christmas eve with extended family, college hockey tournament (spectator), outing with my rowing club to "Boys in The Boat" movie, etc.). Now it's time to shift gears in my Winter routine.

But I wasn't feeling creative tonight, so I just repeated the same stationary bike thing I've been doing lately, 15k + 3' CD, 108W average, Z2-3. :D

As a sort of trending average, my resting heart rate is down a little, my HR at any given intensity down a little, so I guess the LISS/MISS has been doing its job.

It would be good if I think through what pattern I want next, but it's more important that I start doing something.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Walked about 3 miles of riverbank in rubber boots and heavy winter clothes while trout fishing.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA for quite some time, so checking in. Good to see many regulars still at it.
    Had fun catching up on lots of non fitness activities this fall (duck hunting, travel, visiting new grand daughter, etc). Of course, all this fun compounded my dwindling fitness problem.

I finally got a not so subtle push from my trainer during a session held just before Christmas. In front of the group, she looked at me and said "I really don't like this version of you. When are we going to change it?" I almost shrugged off her comment when she threw down the gauntlet: "Our 6 week gym challenge starts on New Years Day and I expect you to defend your title from last year."

She's just as competitive as I am, so she knew that would bother me. She is right, I'm way out of shape, so I ponied up the entry fee and I"m in.

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saturday - 5k walk

Sunday - 3k horse ride (weather was terrible here all day).
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have been active recently, but poor at logging.
    Here is some recent stuff:

29 December
    I flew to Barcelona to visit my brother. Yellow Spider, a climbing gym, is sort of en route to Gatwick. So I stopped off for a 2.5 hour climb before the flight. It was good, I was in form

30 December
    I visited the Sharma climbing gym in Gava. It is massive. I was in mixed form. I got to the final hold on a 6c a few times, it will hopefully go if I can make it back. That is around v5, so it would be a very good send.

31 December
    Via Ferrata near Vic in Catalonia. This was really good fun, around 3.5 hours in total. We started at the bottom of a very tall hill and got to the top. The Nepalese bridge wobbled a lot and was terrifying. (This is three strands of wire, 69m long, in mud-air. You have one strand for your feet, one for your hands and a spare one to clip into.)

1 January
    Day off. So 11 miles walk.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,020 Member
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (High, Cross, Low)

First workout of the year, first workout in about 10 days. Felt rested and powerful.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    A couple 52-minute dives. One was about 11 feet for most of the dive in 59-degree F water. I ran the stick for two working divers cleaning acrylic. The other was running the siphon in 55-degree water. I basically was pretty still on the bottom removing waste from the exhibit. I had to end the dive because I was so cold. I still had almost half the gas in my bottle when we got out. My fingers were white; I was glad we got out. We still got a lot done.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Getting back into a routine. This year's six week gym challenge includes strength work, cardio work and a focus on meal prep/food tracking. I'm aiming to take advantage of the "2 points per mile" for running or walking and "2 points per 3 miles" of cycling. The maximum daily points for cardio work is 12. I"m guessing that not many people will run 6 miles or cycle 18 miles daily, so I'm going to push this area. The strength work and food tracking points are just stuff I'll have to grind out.

Stepping on the scale was a stiff reminder that I need to regain control of my intake, because I have a big hill to climb this time around.

• nossmf
    Options
    Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15
    Cable Crunch 4x10
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Yesterday (Tuesday), casual walk with a friend, only about 2.6 miles.

Today, machine rowed 3 x 2k with 2' row in/out between pieces, and 3' CD at the end. A low rating (16 spm) but a slightly faster pace (2:31 including some of the CD). A little bit of lower Z4 (9% of the duration), but mostly Z3 (57%), remainder below.

Then I did a quick run-through of some supersetted strength exercises, just 2 sets, 10-15 reps, very light weight, just to start getting used to the form/motion again. Kettlebell swings, kettlebell goblet squat, dumbbell overhead press, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell fly, dumbbell bent-over row to kickback.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    My second strength session with my trainer this week. bunch of weighted movements, some done on BOSU ball. My balance really s*cks right now, lol. Need more work there.

After 3 days of 6 mile run/walk cardio (usually split into 2 pieces) I switched it up today and used the elliptical machine to give my legs a break. I'll start to work in some indoor cycling as well, both for crosstraining and to avoid the lousy weather headed our way.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Lateral Raise 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x8 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x8 (3-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Cable lateral raises are a real ego-swallower, had to use HALF the weight I use with DB's, and a THIRD the weight from the machine I've been using.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    My second strength session with my trainer this week. bunch of weighted movements, some done on BOSU ball.

Unless it's ab work, I dislike the BOSU ball, and anytime I see somebody standing on one and trying to lift I absolutely abhor it!