What’s did everyone have for breakfast?

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,069 Member
    I slept in WAAAY too late today, noon-thirty! So it turned into an OMAD kinda day. Coffee, an orange, and a two egg, mushrooms, onions, peppers, chili sauce, queso panera, and bacon on rye sandwich. 800 calories of very filling yum!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 2,083 Member
    Coffee With Cream & Sugar, croissant and banana
  • NotGvnUp_EJ
    NotGvnUp_EJ Posts: 65 Member
    Boca Vegan Patty, Wild Rice, Brocolli and a little spinach. With a little avacado oil. 302 Calories total
  • AdahPotatah2024
    edited January 3

Chrononutrition? I hope coffee and cream and sugar counts as breakfast in this study!

In contrast, prolonged fasting is only beneficial if it is done by having an early breakfast (before 8am) and an early dinner.

"Our results suggest that a first meal before 8 am and a last meal before 7 pm may help reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes," concludes Manolis Kogevinas, ISGlobal researcher and co-author of the study.

In fact, the same ISGlobal team had already provided evidence on the association between an early dinner and a lower risk of breast or prostate cancer.

Taken together, these results consolidate the use of chrononutrition (i.e. the association between diet, circadian rhythms and health) to prevent type 2 diabetes and other chronic diseases.

Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal). "An early breakfast may reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes."
    ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 18 July 2023. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/07/230718105633.htm>.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,539 Member
    Lately I've been having steak and eggs in a tortilla, coffee with skim milk. I love it, but I've been gaining weight, so I may have to quit.
  • BikingChronicle
    BikingChronicle Posts: 4 Member
    35 grams of oatmeal, 10 grams of hemp seeds, 10 grams of chia seeds, 2 grams of coconut oil, and 6.5 ounces of 1% milk mixed in with the oats. Then I had a cup of black tea, and 3 fish oil capsules. 324 calories.
  • ryannxtlvl
    ryannxtlvl Posts: 108 Member
    Right now my daily breakfast I have programmed is 3 whole eggs, 3/4 cup egg whites, and 8 ounces of 93/7 ground beef. I add in 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt and taco seasoning. Drizzle some sriracha on top. AMAZING. If I am in a bulk I will wrap it in a tortilla burrito style.
  • stegeem
    stegeem Posts: 165 Member
    Coffee with stevia, one and a half vanilla wine biscuits
  • Corina1143
    This morning I didn't eat breakfast cause I had a Dr. Appointment and she said we would do blood tests today. We didn't. Lunch at 11am
  • flburn
    flburn Posts: 4 Member
    I have this every morning. Goes great with coffee. I make it at night, throw it in fridge and enjoy cold with Reddi whip. 263 calories.
    In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup oats, 1 egg, small tub unsweetened applesauce, 1 tsp flax seeds, sweetener. Mix. Add 1/4 cup blueberries and a tsp cinnamon on top...Microwave 4 minutes.
    Refrigerate and enjoy in the morning with coffee
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,784 Member
    2 eggs, sauteed zucchini, 6 tbsp egg whites, and some Colby Jack cheese.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 852 Member
    I decided to make a breakfast bowl with hashbrowns, peppers+onions, scrambled tofu, and tempeh gravy. It was delicious! ^_^
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 633 Member
    A melaleuca simply fit bar and a clementine, ate as we did errands this morning.
  • Fitgoal90
    Fitgoal90 Posts: 15 Member
    It's almost 2 am (insomnia due to lack of actual sleep schedule), but yesterday morning I had a simple shrimp omelette over rice for "brunch" (meaning I ate at noon).

It was very filling and yummy.
  • I had homemade turkey sausage, a slice of Whole Foods Seeduction bread and a banana with two cups of black coffee.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Coffee and a turkey & cheese foldover
  • ma2007pmc
    ma2007pmc Posts: 58 Member
    A cup of Cheerios, with one cup of unsweetened almond milk and a sliced banana, and of course coffee, 2 cups each with a half cup of extra creamy oat milk. :)
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 852 Member
    I made two open-faced sandwiches with homemade vegan sausage and red pepper hummus. It was really tasty ^_^
  • jjjsroach
    jjjsroach Posts: 33 Member
    That sounds good but I would gain a pound just looking at that plate of food. :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,185 Member
    edited January 15
    I make my own smoked bacon so I had 5 slices of that. Also made a fluffy omelet with broccoli, red and yellow pepper, yellow and green onion, cremini mushrooms, parmigiana reggiano and roasted garlic, oh and some red chili flakes. Used bacon fat because I save that just for occasions like this and added 7 whipped eggs over high heat until the bottom was set then in a 450 oven and it puffed up about 2", hence the fluffy omelete. :)
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Coffee and croissant with extra butter
  • pauldurham5182
    pauldurham5182 Posts: 13 Member
    xskiak5owero.jpeg

Old fashioned Oats, with Blueberries and avocados, sweetened with stevia in the raw and a 2 tbsp of light butter for a binder. Water to drink
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 313 Member
    Toasted western 👍
  • Corina1143
    Egg and toast with blueberry butter. Coffee ☕️
  • AdahPotatah2024
    ☕️
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Small white hot chocolate (I got a vaccine shot today and wanted a treat lol) and a hard boiled egg.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    ☕️ and peanut butter foldover
  • Corina1143
    Wendy's! A rare, well-loved special breakfast. With coffee, of course.
  • 1113pr
    1113pr Posts: 4 Member
    I had 2 slices french toast ( using 12 grain bread, 2 eggs small dash of milk and cinnamon) and little bit butter and sugar free syrup also drank 1 banana flavor Premier protein shake then 1 cup of coffee with cream
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,185 Member
    edited January 27
    4 Sunnyside up eggs about 100g's of left over rare roast beef, some goat feta finished with a double espresso.