• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Welcome, Sarah. Hop right in whenever you feel it.

Barbie-I listened to the series about how Cascateli came to be, but it is just far too pricey for me, especially when I can make fresh Spaetzle in about 10 minutes. One day, I’ll splurge if I actually see it in the store.

I don't have a lot going on right now. I am trying to stay in to limit temptations to ruin any weight loss progress...however, this morning I was up .2 lb. over last week. *sigh* Obviously, it's not working. I'm kind of out of ideas. I have been throwing everything at it since before the new year started and I haven't lost anything at all.

One big improvement, however, is my sleep. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make some tasty, low calorie mocktails to help with water fatigue. Just drinking water after 10ish AM is really dull and I think unhelpful for snack avoidance.

Our health insurance is changing soon, so I'm currently cramming in doc appointments and getting prescriptions refilled. I doubt the new plan will be nearly as good as the current one.

I was going to send you all some sunshine, but it's very overcast and cool today. Maybe the sun will make an appearance this afternoon.

Tina in CA

Have you tried adding a slice of orange, lemon, pineapple, lime or ginger to your water?
    I don't like plain water but during the summer I do like to add a slice of fruit. Winter time I drink plain tea- regular until a little after noon then decaf or herbal until bedtime- Have a cup with me all the time.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options

Today’s gratitude: Joe home safe after hydroplaning on 101.
    Yesterday’s gratitude: Coos Curry line workers, ODOT road clearing crews.
    Wimped out on going to town for line dancing after Joe reported rough travel conditions, overflowing gutters, big pools of water on the roads. Grateful it’s not like Beth’s snow, but still taking a pajama day.
    Pip smooch that pooch!
    Margaret you model for us how crucial it is to educate ourselves before the fact, and how important it is to have a second person along. ((hugs))
    Tracey you’re right about continuing to “do” delaying healing. Overdid yesterday so doing nothing today. But then I get bored/frustrated and try to “do” again. SMH.
    Welcome @samisnana2001 Mary in maritimer in AB !
    Heather “…sings between bites” what a testament to your cooking. Whatever is in Johnny’s magic potion?
    Michele hope you called the DDS and told him the swelling continues. Doesn’t sound right. ((hugs)) Think the orange slices Lisa freezes are the jelly candy ones. I do have some frozen grapes in the freezer but somehow my fingers always reach for the fudge . . .
    Lisa you’re right. Should have listened to Beth and Michele who said you can eat frozen fudge while its frozen. Have some wine jelly candies I’ll try freezing instead… trying to shop the pantry instead of the stores ;)
    Vicki waiting ‘til Feb 18 for monitor results would drive me crazy. ((hugs))
    Kay brava for braving the weather to get your steps in!
    Allie oww! Gentle hugs for sMiles.
    Welcome @sarahealth17 Sarah! Congrats on taking off those pounds!
    1/16: Move: 1 set PT. Steps:
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=6 CI<CO net=100 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, laundry, dust one thing or maybe two. Wt:
    Time’s up for sitting. Will march in place while watching a bone webinar, then feed the pooches.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and mindbefore mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,714 Member
    Options
  • nitaoriol
    nitaoriol Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    monie_is_getting_fit you are studying to be a teacher? That is wonderful. My niece is a Teacher’s assistant. She loves it. The stories she tells me are hilarious.
    How much longer do you have?
    Do you exercise at home? If so, what type do you like to do?

I hope everyone is safe from the winter weather.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Michelle: Just wondering why Jess doesn't use the local vet where she lives as you have said she has trained to be a vet.

Allie: Glad to know Miles is healing.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Debbie – In winter, I’m always drinking tea too, just plain, no sugar or anything. The only kind I won’t have is black tea. For some reason, black tea upsets my stomach. But anything else is fine.

Barbara – yes, I called the dentist who did the root canal and told him the swelling continued. He prescribed clyndamycin (antibiotic). I think this is working. The gum is still somewhat swollen, but not like before. I honestly think this is because he was rooting around inside the tooth and that as soon as I can get the permanent crown (which will probably be after we come back from FL since I have to see him to be sure the infection is all gone and then it takes 2 to 3 weeks for the permanent crown to come in) this will clear up

Lisa – lovely blanket. I’m sure your daughter will absolutely love it

Carol – good question why Jess doesn’t use a local vet. The only thing I can think of is that she feels comfortable (and shadow feels comfortable) with Dr. B. She has had some things done for Shadow at NCState, but I think she feels she wants a second opinion and she trusts Dr. B.

Just made another loaf of sourdough (I’ll freeze some) and have two more rising. I may bake them when I get home from work tomorrow. Can’t hurt to let them rise.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    We have scheduled a painting session for this afternoon. I hope to finish my acrylic, but I have no idea what I am doing! Hoping for inspiration when I sit down.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Acrylic paint is thicker than watercolour paint ... yes?

Think of it sculpturally.

M in Oz