Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading a book called 'The Science of Stuck', by Britt Frank. I'm not stuck, but I was interested in her after I saw her share a video with Dawn, Minimal Mom. She seemed very sensible and had good things to say.
    One thing that she is keen on is taking micro steps towards something you want to do, but feel stuck about. I've been doing that for years with my writing, breaking down 'getting to the page' into tiny steps, like, I know how to go fetch my laptop, I know how to turn it on, etc.
    I have always found this very helpful with scary things, like writing a book, or painting a canvas.
    My friend L is always berating herself for not writing, or not being creative. It's always a 'one-day' project. Fear of failure keeps her back.
    Two approaches help me. One the micro steps, and second the attitude of 'play'. We can be so hampered by feeling we have to get things 'right'. If we can adopt the attitude of a small child, just playing, just experimenting, just trying things out, making mistakes and trying again, or just deciding, well, that's not for me, but I tried it, our lives can expand hugely.
    I have got so much better at this in recent years. :p Perfectionism be gone!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Michele-calf stretch is using the slant board. They had me standing on it with both feet (very traditional). They have added one foot on board, other leg behind me-a bit of a lunge on the board.They will have me do it again today and it will drill it into my memory better (I usually need a couple of times with them before I can describe it well!). Foam rollers help with some things but for me it is more like a spot specific if that makes sense.

Rosemarie-I woke up at close to 3:30 and have work today. I did get in a good 6.5 hours so I will just go with it. Part of it is checking on weather (staff were hoping we would close today, I doubt it, but keeping an eye out. We will make a decision by 6-but county almost never closes. The wild part is majority of staff work from home on Fridays . . .

I'm going to get my kitchen cleaned up right now (which really means emptying and reloading dishwasher!) and a workout in before I shower and start work.

Take care all

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I see alot of us were up at 3:30 this morning.. I got about 7 hrs in almost,but know I will be tired later..
    Oh well Im watching the little guy today..I know he will wear me out lol ,but a fun wearing out.
    Im hoping to finish the shoe rack today later on..i got most of it done.Tommorow I go up to the adoption place to adopt Siri..she is at Doris' house..but have to do the paperwork and pay adoption fee.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

We have an inch or so of snow already and expect maybe five inches today. I don't expect my sister's flight to go through. I just hope she doesn't get stuck at the airport.

We have filled the trash bin again, so there's a limit to the decluttering we can do. Or am I kidding myself? I have six flower arrangements that will be more trash by Monday night when they come. The vultures come and peck at the bags if they aren't in the bin. So maybe, maybe not.

Annie in Delaware
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Beth: Yesterday I went to the rescue and then to the Coin counter at the Kroger. Alas it was broken and a technician had been called. I was disappointed and still have the coins sitting in my car. Congrats on your decluttering! My trunk is full of boxes for donations! I hate that the house looks like it is in dis-array when it is really cleaner!

RV Rita: Did I tell you I lived 2 years in New Mexico in the 80's. I loved Sante Fe and Taos!

I am not sleeping at night. The night goes on forever. I am going to try melatonin and see if this helps. I am cooking some asparagus and salmon for lunch. No energy today and can't get focused. Might just listen to an audio book and hope I can accomplish something this evening!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Rosemarie Did you ever get to the Southern part of the state? Las Cruzes, Deming, Roswell?
    RVRita in NM
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Today is a day to experiment! Popcorn day!! Yummy! And in honor of Heather’s scheduling!

g9aulf1ztoyf.jpeg
    oyqblh4h1543.jpeg

RVrita
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: over 6 hours of uninterrupted, dreamless, sleep. Refreshed for new day.
    Beth your random art supplies that you’ve had since grade school, makes me feel a little better about the unfinished embroidery project I’ve had since High School ;}
    Well done Rita! Both those crafts look fun and non-threatening.
    Kim “fried salty dish sponge” rotflmao!
    Michele ah that makes sense. I wouldn’t want to trade a secure cap for a chancy temporary before traveling either. Thanks.
    Tracey “sleep with my clothes tucked under the blanket and at my feet each night. A lot of times I would get dressed while under the covers too.” This was me too at campfire girl camp. No heat in the cabins. I actually volunteered for KP as the mess hall kitchen was warm ;) As for your daughter’s B of a 2nd grade teacher, can only trust in Karma. . . Glad DD’s enjoying coloring in adulthood. Keep stretching and I’ll keep praying your foot improves ;)
    Machka “Give things a go ... if you don't like them, no worries, you don't have to continue. But if you discover you do like them ... fantastic!” Brava! You give me food for thought. Really lgreat insights on the “too hard basket” (that would be deep cleaning the house so I could tackle some improvements, paint, getting pictures up on the walls, rearrange living room furniture, et cetera et cetera et cetera). Likewise your “to help others” sounds kind, gentle and helpful, if only I can keep the judgemental tone out of my voice. How dast I judge others when I can not keep my own standards. SMH.
    Heather, glad tumeric’s helping your legs. Is it a supplement or fresh root? :love: “perfectionism be gone” and “adopt the attitude of play” More fuel for thought.. and first steps?
    Rosemarie “dabbler” Love it.
    Welcome @anmimzdiet Michelle in NV! Missed the 3:30 am PST group this morning, but was here then day before. . . Sorry to hear about the Dr. Pepper jones. I was a two Coca Cola (classic) a day-er, until New Coke (remember that?)
    Rita :love: your unicorns, the history, but most especially your color choices and shading. Well done!
    1/18: Move: 1 sets PT, beach stroll with T. Steps: 6292
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=0 CI<CO net=105 vits=0.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, Post Office, hot tub. Wt:132.9
    Oops, sit timer just bonged. Time to tackle the laundry.Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    1qamecfn9tz0.jpg
    6etph2vmctgp.jpg
    Grandma still has the touch lol.
    Mom says only for me does he nap..
    Light snow falling but no biggie..
    Just watched Christopher Robin.. cute movie..
    I can't watch anything like that at home..Id have a barking dog at the T.V.