WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Back from weekly shopping trip, and have everything stached away. We woke this morning to a covering of snow, and -2*C. It’s a clear blue sky, so sure it will warm a little when the sun is fully out.

Tracey: The sleet was very brief, and the sun dried up the damp. However, it snowed again overnight (just a light covering) so we had to scrape the windscreen this morning.

Annie: 👍🏻on finding the will. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Allie: Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Miles.

Heather: Well done on sorting the heating.

The sun has just reached the terrace outside, but snow has started to gently fall again 😂 so not sure if it will melt or not. Fortunately, we aren’t planning to go anywhere.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Bea is eating her favourite farfalle with pesto
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Ah ... bowtie pasta!

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Still frozen outside here. We were going to take some stuff to goodwill and the library to donate, but only if the roads are clear.

I found some little beetles in the pantry. Time for a good clean out there.

Stay warm my friends!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and dressed,and have the heatbon in both the bedroom and the livingroom,but all I see are $$$ signs everything here is electric..
    Going to visit Miles.. he is sore doesn't want to bend at all poor little guy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm actually moving the silicone brownie pan to the utility room to join the cake tins.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Good morning! ... It continues to snow in Western New York. Received a 6:00am emergency call that there was another State of Emergency and travel ban. (Hate those early calls ... I thought something had happened to my mom.) My town received an additional 2 feet of snow overnight (although I'm on the southern end of the town and didn't get nearly that much). The band of snow that produced that has shifted directly over the City of Buffalo. Later this evening, the band of snow is to shift back into my town. This is what happens when we have warm weather and Lake Erie does not freeze! Lake Effect Snow!

Allie ... glad Miles is home and doing well. Poor little guy ...

Today I'll do more cleaning and de-cluttering. I've also started a shredding project. We have boxes and boxes of old documents dating back from 1976 that have to go. I was going to take them somewhere to be shredded but we have so much it was going to cost a small fortune. So I'm shredding each day. This summer I'll burn what's left in our fire pit outside (and there will still be a lot!)

Beth near Buffalo
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Triple hugs for Miles and family!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    The new heater are much safer. Just be sure it is the only thing you have on that outlet and if possible a plug attached to a circuit board that will trip.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited January 17
    Options
    Miles— OUCH! Poor thing, but better to get it over with while he’s little and not have to deal with it later in life.

And today is: Officially ditch your New Years Resolutions, while drinking a Hot Buttered Rum and watching children invent things with donuts.

8fkn47cnfwo9.jpeg
    bp4mlnw0qtmh.jpeg

RVRita

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sarah. Hop right in whenever you feel it.

Barbie-I listened to the series about how Cascateli came to be, but it is just far too pricey for me, especially when I can make fresh Spaetzle in about 10 minutes. One day, I’ll splurge if I actually see it in the store.

I don't have a lot going on right now. I am trying to stay in to limit temptations to ruin any weight loss progress...however, this morning I was up .2 lb. over last week. *sigh* Obviously, it's not working. I'm kind of out of ideas. I have been throwing everything at it since before the new year started and I haven't lost anything at all.

One big improvement, however, is my sleep. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make some tasty, low calorie mocktails to help with water fatigue. Just drinking water after 10ish AM is really dull and I think unhelpful for snack avoidance.

Our health insurance is changing soon, so I'm currently cramming in doc appointments and getting prescriptions refilled. I doubt the new plan will be nearly as good as the current one.

I was going to send you all some sunshine, but it's very overcast and cool today. Maybe the sun will make an appearance this afternoon.

Tina in CA