MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options

Replies

• 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    edited January 22
    Options
    Last week on my journey, I took the wrong turn and ended up in "STALLSVILLE." So I still weigh 325.2. I plan on taking the next flight out of Stallsville ASAP.

I traveled to Costco today, and stocked up on my favorite fire roasted vegetables, some salad kits, frozen mixed fruit for my smoothies, organic vegetable barley soup, and Skinny pop popcorn. 😀 👍

Oh no you got waylaid!! well made plans do occassionally go astray. Get back on track toot sweet!! Too long a layover will put your plans in peril....roflmao!! I'm happy to say that I did very well and didn't fall off the wagon. I thought I did a couple of times but it didn't matter at the end of the day. I think it was more my guilt at enjoying some crackers with homemade jam given to me. Boy was it good. It was sugarless to boot so shouldn't have felt guilty. I have to learn not to put guilt on what I eat if it's logged and within my calories. I dropped my goal of 1.2 lbs this week so I'm actually a week ahead of my goal for this month!! Makes me happy happy happy....lol

I wish most grocery stores had big bags of frozen veggies like Costco does. Those piddly little bags are a big pain when you paid $5 and they last 1 meal. Same as the salad kits. At least Costco makes them affordable and does more than 1 meal. I love soups and am trying to find some nice recipes. I have a sausage, tortellini, spinach soup that my husband loves. I also make a beef barley soup. A big pot will do us for 2 dinners and a lunch. Saves me having to cook...lol

I want to give a shout out HELLO to all the new people who have jumped onboard with us on our journey. Good luck to you all and keep up the good work.
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Last week on my journey, I took the wrong turn and ended up in "STALLSVILLE." So I still weigh 325.2. I plan on taking the next flight out of Stallsville ASAP.

Oh no you got waylaid!! Get back on track toot sweet!! I'm happy to say that I did very well and didn't fall off the wagon. I dropped my goal of 1.2 lbs this week so I'm actually a week ahead of my goal for this month!! Makes me happy happy happy....lol.
    👏🏼 Yay, Evelyn. I'm happy happy happy for you. You're much closer to 199 than I am, but I'm confident we'll both be there before March 1. I'm back on track, and lost almost 1/2 a pound today (every ounce counts, right?) I now weigh 324.8. 🦋

Does anyone else have a short term goal to reach on March 1?

• Fooshki
    Fooshki Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 23
    Options
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    I took a hit + strength training class at the gym Saturday. Two days later and I'm so sore it's ridiculous. Muscles I didn't know I needed to walk to the bus are now seriously considering making me work from home today 😂

It's funny - I really didn't think it was that bad at the time. Sometimes it's hard to tell, I guess. Anyone else push way too hard in group classes?

I’m very competitive so whenever I workout with a friend or family member I will usually do this. My sister is the same way, so when we work out together we usually end up with jello legs for several days afterward 😂
  • monaraehill2
    monaraehill2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My name is Mona and I live in the Northeast, so winter can be pretty challenging for staying on track. I don't like to credit Elon Musk for anything, but he did say that if you can't succeed at something by giving it six months, then you don't want it bad enough. I find myself agreeing, so here's to the next six months! (My mini goal, then re-evaluate time).

OW: 249-Jan 1, 2023.
    CW: 236
    FGW: 200
    SGW: 175: I would like to be here by end of June, 2023, but prolly not too realistic...so I'll settle for the previous goal of 200. lol
    NGW: 150
    FGW: 135: I would like to be here by end of 2023.

I have fasted 3 days per week this month, and kept my calories under 10,000 per week. When I do cardio, I try and do a couple of hours at a time, as I do not exercise 7 days a week, because I am suffering from OLD (63) and my body just plain needs daily breaks, so I probably do not average more then 3-4 days of cardio. I have just added functional weight training (with bands), this week.
    I think that catches me up.
    Thanks for making the group, I needs a way to be accountable! lol

• LilyPearl66
    LilyPearl66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok 3rdtimelosesit I will give it the old college try. :) BTW....my name is Lily Pearl, I am 68 years young.
    My weight this am was 307, down from 312 at the first of the year. My goal is 155-180 someday. To get down to 207 this year would definitely push me to go to the 155. My plan is to walk every day the weather cooperates. At some point I am going to work on my arm strength. My arms are huge and very flabby. I am trying to be more active in all areas. I was just sitting around without hope. My dr refused to accept that and finally sent me to a dietician about 2 weeks ago who really gave me some hope. Now you guys are and no matter what.....I will give it my best because I don't want to die from being obese.
  • TexasMommaOf2
    TexasMommaOf2 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 23
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is awesome and has videos on YouTube you can watch to walk at home especially when it’s cold or wet.
  • TexasMommaOf2
    TexasMommaOf2 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 23
    Options
    Hi y’all.
    Updated stats
    SW 363
    CW 333.6
    GW 199.9
    UGW 150
    It’s great having so many people around with the same mindset! We got this!
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    Options
    My name is Mona and I live in the Northeast, so winter can be pretty challenging for staying on track. I don't like to credit Elon Musk for anything, but he did say that if you can't succeed at something by giving it six months, then you don't want it bad enough. I find myself agreeing, so here's to the next six months! (My mini goal, then re-evaluate time).

OW: 249-Jan 1, 2023.
    CW: 236
    FGW: 200
    SGW: 175: I would like to be here by end of June, 2023, but prolly not too realistic...so I'll settle for the previous goal of 200. lol
    NGW: 150
    FGW: 135: I would like to be here by end of 2023.

I have fasted 3 days per week this month, and kept my calories under 10,000 per week. When I do cardio, I try and do a couple of hours at a time, as I do not exercise 7 days a week, because I am suffering from OLD (63) and my body just plain needs daily breaks, so I probably do not average more then 3-4 days of cardio. I have just added functional weight training (with bands), this week.
    I think that catches me up.
    Thanks for making the group, I needs a way to be accountable! lol

Welcome to the group! I'm wondering if you've accidently used 2023 instead of 2024?? Happy journey!
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    Options
    Ok 3rdtimelosesit I will give it the old college try. :) BTW....my name is Lily Pearl, I am 68 years young.
    My weight this am was 307, down from 312 at the first of the year. My goal is 155-180 someday. To get down to 207 this year would definitely push me to go to the 155. My plan is to walk every day the weather cooperates. At some point I am going to work on my arm strength. My arms are huge and very flabby. I am trying to be more active in all areas. I was just sitting around without hope. My dr refused to accept that and finally sent me to a dietician about 2 weeks ago who really gave me some hope. Now you guys are and no matter what.....I will give it my best because I don't want to die from being obese.

Hi Lily. I'm also 68 (or will be in May). Congrats on the weight loss so far this month. You're doing great. My final goal is somewhere around 175. My arms are also huge and flabby. This bothers me more than the idea of loose skin around my waist once I've reached goal. I know I'm going to have terrible bat wings flapping in the wind every time I use my arms. You're in good company here with this group. We seem to all have the same issues as well as the same goals. Plus we understand how each other feels.
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is awesome and has videos on YouTube you can watch to walk at home especially when it’s cold or wet.

I've been "walking" with her for years - love her!!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm 54 now. I have 100 lb that I need to lose. Planet fitness just opened up in our area and I'm very excited it's a happy place to go. So I'm doing some cardio and some resistance training. And now I'm ready to start tracking my food and weighing in regularly.

I'm just doing a normal diet. Using MFP nutrition tab to make sure I get enough protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals etc. Drinking water. I look forward to getting to know each of you over the course of the next several weeks as we go on this journey together. Highest weight 277.2 Current weight 258.8 Goal weight 150
    Hello Beth. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. 🏃🏻‍♀️ 🏋️‍♀️

🙂 Thank you!
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    I would like to join but I have no idea if I can lose 100 lbs. or not. I have such a long journey ahead of me it seems impossible at the moment. I logged in at 319. I went to a dietician after just being diagnosed with a high A1C, high cholesterol and salt intolerant. We are starting me at 143 carbs a day which is a HUGE change for me. I am starting to get the hang of it and already I can feel major changes in how I feel. All I know to do is modify my entire life. :)

One step at a time. Don't worry about a hundred pounds. Do it 10 lb at a time. You got this!
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Susanna527 wrote: »

I've been "walking" with her for years - love her!!!

I always liked Leslie sansone. She has good energy and a nice vibe
  • Susanna527
    edited January 24
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I would like to join but I have no idea if I can lose 100 lbs. or not. I have such a long journey ahead of me it seems impossible at the moment. I logged in at 319. I went to a dietician after just being diagnosed with a high A1C, high cholesterol and salt intolerant. We are starting me at 143 carbs a day which is a HUGE change for me. I am starting to get the hang of it and already I can feel major changes in how I feel. All I know to do is modify my entire life. :)

One step at a time. Don't worry about a hundred pounds. Do it 10 lb at a time. You got this!

So true!!! I am overwhelmed by how much weight I've gained & how much I have to lose. So I really need to just focus on 10 pounds at a time - Smaller, manageable goals = success 😊
  • Susanna527
    Options
    The reason I like walking so much is at my size and weight it is easier for me to do at this point. I love walking with my husband and we try to make it as entertaining as possible. But I run out of breath so fast......but he is patient to let me stop and rest a moment and then take off again. There was a time I could only walk half a block. Now I am up to about four. I hope to get past that as the weight comes down a little. I got one of those little pedal bikes to use to begin to work on my arms. I am taking flute lesson and that would definitely help there also. You might wonder what spurred me to take flute lessons.......BEING OUT OF AIR ALL THE TIME. I haven't wanted to go to a gym because people stare and make remarks. I have quit going out to even visit friends because of the looks on their faces at me sitting on their furniture and frankly I am afraid I will damage it too. I can see the disdain but they don't know how I got in this mess and it doesn't matter. I am going to get out with God's help.

Walking is fantastic exercise - I used to take walking for granted until I fractured my knee, and then when I got diagnosed with severe COPD. How cool that you're learning to play the flute - what a beautiful instrument :) You will do this, one day, one step, at a time!!!
  • HaCee75
    HaCee75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I would love to join this group! My name is Heather. I am from Kentucky. I am 48 years old. I’ve started my get healthy journey today. I have a lot of weight to lose. Need a lot of support :) CW 417.4 GW 199. I want to get to ONEderland!!!!
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    HaCee75 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I would love to join this group! My name is Heather. I have a lot of weight to lose. Need a lot of support. CW 417.4 GW 199.I want to get to ONEderland.
    Hello Heather. You’ve come to the right place. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY.
    ONEderland here we come! ❄️