Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women over 60

Hi! I’m new to MFP. Lost 12# on Semaglutide alone. Just started with Miga, a heart-health program that incorporates Semaglutide with Zoom mtgs with coaches and other members. Take daily wt, BP, and log food & activity.
Married (no kids), 67yo, retired, trying to lose ~35 more lbs, eliminate HBP med, maybe eliminate ⬆️cholesterol med, and turn around pre-diabetes designation.
Hoping to find like-minded ppl to share motivation, success stories, setbacks (if any), tips & tricks, and whatever. Good luck to you all‼️

Replies

• PeggyReiber
    PeggyReiber Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am 68 and just started a YMCA wellness class which is why I am using this app
  • bondifirstaid
    bondifirstaid Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I am 62 and have LADA - a combination of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. I use MFP sporadically but find I lose more and stay on track more when I use it. It can be time-consuming but it’s well worth it. Also - started going to the gym twice a week with a trainer, who asks to see my logs!!! Making me accountable.
    I find the best success is having a goal - an event to work towards or a date to commit to. I am quite active but find it’s a balancing act, eating enough of the right things vs grabbing something quick when I need a boost.
    Good luck to you both.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    SeJaBa18 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m new to MFP. Lost 12# on Semaglutide alone. Just started with Miga, a heart-health program that incorporates Semaglutide with Zoom mtgs with coaches and other members. Take daily wt, BP, and log food & activity.
    Married (no kids), 67yo, retired, trying to lose ~35 more lbs, eliminate HBP med, maybe eliminate ⬆️cholesterol med, and turn around pre-diabetes designation.
    Hoping to find like-minded ppl to share motivation, success stories, setbacks (if any), tips & tricks, and whatever. Good luck to you all‼️

Hi, I was on Mounjaro for 1 1/2 yrs and lost 30#. Due to shortage I was off it for two months and I regained about 12# during my time off from Mounjaro. A month ago I started using compound Semaglutide and have been more proactive about exercise. So far it’s mostly been walking with a bit of running & bike riding. I’m on the lowest dose of Semaglutide and haven’t lost any weight yet. On the lowest dose of Mounjaro I lost 3# the first month so not losing weight yet hasn’t really been a surprise. Side effects with both have been minimal but are slightly worse with Semaglutide than with Mounjaro. I have my next Dr visit in two months so at that time we’ll decide if I’m going to switch back to Mounjaro.

I just retired a couple months ago so I’m still adjusting to my new way of life.
  • amanda_sandiego
    amanda_sandiego Posts: 5 Member
    SeJaBa18 wrote: »

• amanda_sandiego
    amanda_sandiego Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all! I just turned 66 last week. I’ve been gaining weight progressively, about 5 lbs/year for the last 8 years (which coincides with getting married - hmmmmmm )

I started MFP several years ago to track my carb intake while on the keto diet. The modest weight loss on keto wasn’t worth the misery! I had to accept responsibility for being too sedentary and overeating. Final straw was developing high cholesterol and going on a statin in early 2024.

I finally decided to try semaglutide through a private provider since I wasn’t eligible for it through my healthcare plan. I got my 2nd dose a few days ago; working my way up to the full dose. Too soon to have any results but no side effects. I feel like I’m “cheating” with semaglutide. My husband, who is naturally thin with the metabolism of a hummingbird, doesn’t understand why I just can’t STARVE myself thin. Haha.

MFP was recommended by the provider to keep track of calories. I’m *trying* to drop my evening cocktail habit - a LOT of empty calories, but . . . Got a step tracker to get in the recommended 10,000 steps. Feeling more optimistic than I have in a long time. Happy to meet others with similar challenges!
  • MounjaroMia
    MounjaroMia Posts: 9 Member
    Hi I’m 63 and using mounjaro which is obtained on prescription .