Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    Pip – beautiful decorating. I especially like that waterfall

Terri – good luck at the doctors

ginny – I’m just hesitant to have them drill into my jaw bone (I think that’s what they do) since my bones are somewhat brittle. Just prefer to be safe than sorry.

Rosemarie – yea for getting that grant. I really don’t do a downward facing dog (or a full plank, always on my knees, no lunges) ever since the MD told me to avoid putting stress on the very front of my right foot since the bone was fractured a few years ago and isn’t as strong. I have no desire to re-fracture it so I’ll just avoid something that puts full pressure on that bone

Got the replacement pedometer last night and set it up today. I'm sure it'll work just fine.

Off to take a shower. Work tomorrow

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Rebecca: I got a Black and Decker battery run vacuum that you charge from Amazon for around $100. Have been using it a lot more than my Shark (I use the Shark if I need to do a really good cleaning). Anyway, it does a pretty good job and is easy to empty and clean.

Rita: Congrats on your 6 mos. sober! I hope your eye surgery was successful. When I had my cataract surgery, I was very pleased at how much better I could see but still need glasses for close up reading.

Rosemarie: Your decluttering work is probably why you are feeling so tired. Take a rest and then continue. I cannot declutter as my DH is a hoarder and every time I try to get a load of stuff to donate, he goes through it and puts it back.

Lisa: I could not get to sleep last night and finally took a Unisom hoping it would help but tossed and turned most of the night.

Rebecca: How wonderful that you will soon see all 3 sons!

My big task today was to take a shower and wash my hair! My hair has always been thick but over the past few months stops up the tub when I wash it. I read that Biotin would help and am taking it!

Carol in GA who needs to take notes as I read!
    :)

The new ones sure beat those old heavy ones huh?!😁👍🏼
    Yes I am beyond excited!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    After work mailed the package to my friend in Switzerland. Came home and got dinner ready then went to the endodontist (more later) and then to see about the insert (more later)

Lanette – I’m so sorry about Almy

Michelle – lovely signatures

Rita – glad the surgery went well. All’s well that ends well!!!

Water: Before I started working, I used to drink at least 100oz a day. Now that I’m working, it’s more like 80-90. Still not that bad, tho

Allie – take care of yourself

Rebecca – is there any other reason to buy the vacuum? I bought my bowling ball because it was “pretty”. Not because I needed one, but because I liked it.

Now about me: Well, went to the endodontist. He looked in my mouth and said “I don’t like the looks of that”. Gulp. I thought that it being a bit inflamed was because the tooth didn’t have the permanent crown on it. So he took a 3D x-ray Turns out that there is a crack in the tooth and bacteria gets in, so the tooth has to be removed. I’m scheduled with my dentist to have it done next Wednesday. He usually wants it to heal some before he puts something in the place, so it’s probably good that we’ll be in FL. I know that I do not want an implant, since I would worry about the osteoporosis. The endodontist did give me a refund for the root canal that failed. So that’ll probably pay for the extraction.

About the insert: after the endodontist, went to this place “Foot Solutions” about the insert. They couldn’t do anything to the existing insert but told me that they could make me another pair for about $35. Well, on my way home I decided to stop at the MD office that gave the written order to have it modified since I hadn’t been able to talk to anyone about how much new inserts would be. Anyway, they had me talk to one lady who said they could but as to how long it would take, I’d need to talk to their physical therapist so I did. Well, seems the PT person is my neighbor! I told her my dilemma and how no one would do it. She looked at the insert and just took off the old part and gave me a new part. It’s called a metatarsal bar. Honestly, I don’t think she was supposed to, but I think she did it because she knew me

I keep forgetting how I can’t really chew after novacaine so I hope I can finish my dinner. I’ll probably skip some of the harder-to-chew foods (like the raw carrots)

Probably going to change what we'll have for dinner Wed. since I won't be able to chew

Loki is going downhill.

Michele NC

I seem to gravitate to unusual colors of things! Oh today we saw another green Chevy spark, so I waved to it like a crazy person!😂😁👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Options
    Had a great walk at the wetlands-chatted with a couple young ladies off and on. They had a little boy with them in a stroller part of the time then he would walk a bit so part of the time they were behind me, then they would pass me then I would pass them.
    The weather was PERFECT. Had a flannel hoodie/shirt on with another hoodie over. Took the sweatshirt hoodie off less than 1/3 of the way and almost took the other one 2/3 of the way. Only had a tank top on under so decided to be a bit too warm for the rest of the walk.
    A great hour walk- hit my 10,000 steps, squats done- 30, took a break and did 30 more.

Heading to mom's tomorrow evening as soon as Ezie leaves. Don't like driving in the dark but at least it won't be raining. I will come home Sunday morning. instead of Monday afternoon. Quick visit is better than nothing. I will be helping at the food program Saturday morning- up at 4AM or a bit before . Worst part of it is getting up, love helping out.
    I will go shopping in the morning to take food up to cook for mom and I. Hoping to find crab and salmon on sale.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :)Beth, In "Atomic Habits", James Clear tells about a man who got himself into a habit of going to the gym by driving to the gym each day and staying no more than 5 minutes before driving home. After doing this for a few weeks, he began to stay longer. Another person started by taking out their yoga mat each day for awhile and putting it away before starting a yoga practice. If you haven't read "Atomic Habits", I highly recommend it.

:'(Lanette, so sorry about your feathered baby. Loving our animals is important as is grieving them after they leave us.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    Got a longer, but slow, walk in this afternoon. It's the longest walk I've done since before COVID struck. When I got over 3 km, my legs did struggle a little bit but it was good to walk a decent distance again. Joints and muscles were giving me annoying random pains.

yy57jln9zi1l.png

Yesterday, my husband submitted his passport info to be processed. He got his photo done at our local post office on Tuesday, printed the paperwork, filled it in, and took it back to the post office to be processed. They've told him it will likely be 6 weeks.

I did my Canadian passport application and submitted it to the Canadian Embassy just before Christmas ... days before it expired. It took about 3 weeks to get my new passport!!

M in Oz
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Machka: Glad you got a walk in and that your code is working!

Debbie: Enjoy your visit with your Mom!

Terri: Sorry about the eczema

Barbie: I am trying to use meditation for emotional decluttering. Not as easy as regular decluttering as emotional memories keep returning!

Lanette: I do have some ankle weights but never really use them!

Allie: I love the white fur on Siri's chest!

Annie: I am thinking about your Dad and am hoping for the best for him!

RVRita: Great that the surgery is over!

Michele: These dental issues and orthotic issues sound like a pain. I hope they get resolved!

PipCD: Kirby really is doing great!

Tracey: Congrats on the organizing and de-cluttering you have done! I think there is a brace for plantar fasciitis or am I wrong?

Heather: I love the pictures of Burns night!

Well I am awake early. I will try some yoga now and declutter and then go back to bed in an hour. I hope to have lunch with a friend today and have errands to do. I better get more sleep!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    Options
    Barbara and Rita, I hope your recoveries go well.

Lanette, sorry about your little hen.

Tracey, I did 2 practicums with my B-Ed and both ended up being with Grade 1 students. Luck of the draw. But I loved working with that age group.

M in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    Rosemarie - that is so awesome you got the grant, what a neat idea. I know you'll enjoy it. My ankle weights are too heavy to wear around for just casual walking - I use them for exercising - 2 sets of 8 reps doing leg lifts, for example - but are a great substitute for free weights when doing a few bicep curls.

Rita - what a freaky thing with that doc not giving you a breathing hole in that face cover. Glad it turned out for the best and enjoy your new view of the world. :)

Michele - so sorry about your friend in Switzerland. Regarding your tooth - is a bridge in order?

Pip - Love that bathroom. What's it gonna take to lure him up here to redo mine???

Debbie - what a great walk in the wetlands. Have a good time visiting your mom.

Kylia - you are doing a fabulous job getting your steps in. Many years ago I was a Dean Koontz fan then he seemed to lose his spark for me. Same with Stephen King - he wrote some of my all time favorites but his latest just don't appeal to me.

Ginny - so sorry your foot is giving you grief. Glad you have PT today, hope they'll have some insight. Being able to walk pain-free is so integral to our lives.

Tracey - hope you can find permanent relief for your foot problems. It took me many pairs of shoes and different inserts to finally be able to walk pain-free. I never liked wearing my walking shoes in the house but now I do. No more house slippers. My neighbor is keen to walk this morning if the weather permits and I'd love to catch up but walking for on hard pavement triggers foot and shin problems. I'll try to get in a mile.

I still remember when I had covid in Sept 2022, and I heard my husband warn me about walking on pavement and that I had to take better care of myself. Perhaps this house walking was a result of his advice from the other side??? o:)

Heather - congrats on finishing your book. Do you have another one planned? Fun photo of Burns night. You did a fine job stabbing that haggis. ;)

Beth - so proud of you for showing up and getting on that treadmill.

Barbie - thanks for sharing those stories from "Atomic Habits" about just showing up at the gym and with the yoga mat. Very true. Just keep stacking, a little at a time.

All of you ladies on the Squat Squad: Keep it up. :)

Visit with Dr. Lisa, my GP:
    She froze a spot on my nose, a mole on my arm, and that skin tag on my eyelid. She previously froze that nose spot almost exactly 5 years ago to the day. She said I had the option of her freezing it again or using a chemo type cream and seeing if it stays OK for another 5 years, so I opted for the dry ice. If it comes back in a few months, then I'm off to the dermatologist.

That skin tag on the eyelid - she froze it then snipped it off. My optometrist had said it was a job for a dermatologist. Well, not when Dr. Lisa is around with that dry ice tank! :p

Mole on my arm - we'd been watching it for years, no changes, but she said as long as she had the dry ice there, she'd might as well just remove it so we don't have to worry about it.

We also talked about walking with weights, and she thought it was good idea. She'll schedule me for another DEXA scan in October (Medicare pays for them every 2 years) and we'll see if there has been positive benefit in my hip and lumbar spine values.

Thanks to those of you who commented on Almy, my feather baby. <3 I don't have the fondness for my hens that I do for Rosie but still, I hate to see animals suffering when they need to be put down.

I have now incorporated a 10 minute before-breakfast house walk carrying 3# weights. I started it last week, 5 minutes, no weights. This morning I thought - why not go for it?

And I wore the weighted vest yesterday for 10 minutes. It's heavy on my shoulders and will take some getting used to, but for 10 minutes a day I can wear it - it forces correct posture, that's for sure. :)

Make it a great Friday!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,253 Member
    Options
    I got the text of the book uploaded, wrote out the blurb, chose my categories and key words ..... and then I was shaky and worn out. Saved it without doing the cover, but I did check on my photo and author photo. Phew! Happy so far.
    Rang G for a chat to debrief. :D
    She is feeling so much better. Off to the opera in London today. She was wondering with me why it takes us until our old age to find the equanimity, joy, and peace that eluded us when we were younger!

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :)Rosemarie, meditation is a great tool and a great practice. I learned through meditation how to refocus when I got stuck on unpleasant thoughts. A big part of emotional decluttering is to refuse to get sucked into other people's "stuff". It takes time just like decluttering the physical stuff. Taking baby steps has worked for me.

:)Heather, it is clear that you have powerful habit techniques in your life. Just looking at your daily exercise and writing practices and how you plan healthy and interesting meals is evidence of that. Congrats on the progress of your book.

:)Lanette, interestingly, I do better walking on pavement than in the fields and walking in the house has too many hazards (like dogs and dog toys). The important thing is to figure out what you can do and do it.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Still here, reading and trying to remember everything going on with everyone.
    Lanette- Sorry about your hen! I love all of the videos you share. So interesting and informative!
    Tracey- I can't remember what you posted, but whatever it was, I read it and thought, "Omigod! She is my long lost sister!" lol I will have to backtrack and reread a couple of your posts. Seems it may have been something about family.
    Heather- Burns night fun! Love the pics. Edie is such a go-getter! Does she get that from her mom or her dad, do you think? So excited for your new book!
    Rita- Thanks for the heads up on the squat challenge. I will be joining in beginning Monday. (I need to start these things at the beginning of the week; easier for me to keep track)

More of you I wanted to reply to, but as usual, I ran out of time this morning! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

P.S. OH! I watched You Are What You Eat (the twin experiment) on Netflix. Interesting stuff. Things I already knew, but also some things that I didn't, that made my skin crawl. Ick.