WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    2bw331m7mwv9.jpg
    jot5018d51l5.jpg
    She is quite the happy camper..but poor Alfie feels slighted.. had a burst of energy,so got one drawer of the shoe thing done,gave up on the last one ,but picked up around and started dishwasher.
    Trying to set up my perscriptions but kind of hard with a kitty parked on you.. but its nice..

Gee thought i had sent this way earlier lol it is now 3 am,been awake since 12:30 went to sllep around 6:30 my sleep is a mess.

Such a sweet looking cat, the grin you sport tells it all.😁💖. She will be your emotional support.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Ginny--I understand about difficult staff member and being an adult. Somedays it is easier to just do it myself. Right now I am working on covering for co-worker until they decide was treatment they are going to do for her foot. The reason she didn't realize she lost her shoe is because she doesn't have much feeling in her feet and it was so cold she just thought it was that. They have sent her to a burn unit in Lincoln today to see what plan they can come up with and am praying she can do it out patient here. IF they do then I can set her up in a room here at the hospital and she can get her treatment and maybe work part time.
    Kylia--Yes she is diabetic and only 32. She lost her mom just before Christmas and so she is one not to ask anyone for help. We have had freezing fog and light rain the last couple days. A little warmer today. Still have a lot of snow on the ground. DH and I watch Barrett-Jackson and amazes me what some of those cars sell for. But fun to watch.
    Heather--Sounds like Edie has it all figured out and a good plan.
    Michelle--Sorry to hear about your friend. Sending prayers.
    Lisa--Love the duck night light. It would make me happy also. Thank you for sharing so I can be happy too.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Did Rita's squat challenge- 40, no stopping. Winded but ok.
  • pinh
    pinh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    pinh wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thank you Barbie, for continuing this group. I joined it once two years ago but my resolution petered out. I'm back and working at it again. I've had to back it up with support from my doctors because my weight hasn't triggered heart disease and diabetes, yet, but it is a matter of time, so I need to work this personal challenge hard. Inspiration from all of you also working through this is a real boon. I get setbacks and hurdles. I just love hearing when you are able to make your way and find a path.

I started January at 279 lbs and hope to eventually get to 170.

I love my family but they are zero help for resetting and building a healthier life routine. I try to tune them out and not talk about it with them. It's hit and miss with friends, too. I don't mind doing it for myself, but sometimes I wish I had someone to cheer about it with. -ajt

@pinh , ajt - Cheering you can get here, in great numbers. I do remember your username, but don't, unfortunately, remember what name you wish us to call you or where you're from. I might suggest that you not look at the 109 you want to lose overall, but just look at this month, lose one pound this coming week, and then set a four or five-pound loss for yourself for February. Lanette has begun a weekly weight check-in for several of this group who need that kind of accountability, if that helps you. Or you could even set an interim goal of 28 pounds in six or seven months, as the studies say that losing ten percent of your weight will help lower your risk of serious health conditions like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and certain cancers. You can do this!

Lisa in AR

Hi Lisa, My name is Anna. Thanks for remembering. I do agree about the smaller increments. I have some smaller goals. Weekly tasks about workout routines and little celebrations for each 10 lbs. Each day I am on program and working towards my goal is a great day. -ajt
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,431 Member
    Options
    B)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    <3
  • hmjack1561
    hmjack1561 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! For all those who wrote supportive things to me.
    It is always good to know you're notalone in the struggles.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,204 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – what is the difference between a private school with a learn-to-swim program and public?

Michele NC

The Public.

Or more specifically, heaps of bogan children who feel that crapping in the swimming pool is acceptable.

And people who feel that making out or having water fights in the swimming lanes, while learn to swim classes are going on, is OK.

I'm not positive yet but I am hoping that the pool run by the private school will have less of that sort of thing.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,413 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    Heather: We had no problems with the storm, although a friend 6 miles away lost power for some time.

Pg 54
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did REALLY poorly at Newcomer bowling. As much as I hate to admit it, maybe I need a lighter ball. But on the other hand, my foot is bothering me and it seems the only way I can get that insert modified is if I make a MD appt, which I don’t think is necessary

M – I’ve been a member of the Y for over 30 years and in all that time, not once did a child (or adult) crap in the pool. There was one time we had to get out of the pool because a kid threw up, but that can happen to even adults. The lifeguards don’t tolerate making out or having water fights, they make the offending people leave the pool area. Guess things are different in Australia.

Rebecca – I can feel your excitement. How wonderful!

Rosemarie – want to hear something really funny? When we lived in the Poconos, as you would come out of the Y, right in front of you was a Dunkin Donuts. I know that the Y was leasing the land to them and so getting the money. But it was just funny that after exercise, you saw a donut shop

Michele NC