Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Just completed 5 days in a row at work for the first time since the beginning of December or maybe in November. I'll have to look. Days off and being sick.

I climbed 11 flights of stairs today.

On packing ... if I am going somewhere like Canada for a month, I'll start packing a few days in advance.
    If we're going away for a long weekend like we did a couple weeks ago, I will start packing the night before we leave and finish in the morning. Or sometimes I will pack the morning we leave.

I also tend not to plan trips very far in advance. I can't pack a week or two out if I don't know I am going somewhere.

On closing my eyes at work ... gone are the days of cubicles and offices. It's all open plan and I sit near the entrance.

But I actually took the last hour today to think about what I want to do next week. On a Friday afternoon, especially a Friday before a long weekend like today, 90% of the people go by about 3 pm.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka I spend too much time sitting around waiting for the clock to move. Plenty of thinking time. It suits me that way, although I have to be careful not to get stuck in a criticism rut. For example, sometimes I focus on why my father annoys me, which is not a helpful question.

Have a great day my friends!

Annie in Delaware

I can't imagine sitting around waiting for the clock to move! It happens occasionally when I'm in a long lecture or a seminar session that doesn't have much to do with my work or interest. But most of the time I look at the clock ... get involved in whatever I'm doing ... and discover that several hours have passed and I'm running out of time!!

Is there something you'd really like to be doing?

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka I have plenty of chores to do, like cleaning my Mom's closets and my Dad's finances, and then groceries and cooking. And now that there's no "supervision" I might do some work in the flower garden when it warms up.

But my hobbies have gone by the wayside. I used to knit and sew and write, but I quit. I still read a fair amount, and I go out to lunch occasionally. And I ride horseback on Thursdays. And trimming Teddy is like a hobby. I feel like I've already tried the hobbies that interest me.

I used to love weaving. The color blending is magical. I have two looms in storage. But there's no room to do it here. And no need for cloth either.

I wonder if I would write more if my antidepressant were changed. Fair question. I often have that flat dull feeling. But there's a lot of risk of making things worse.

So that's a long answer but no there's nothing I really want to start right now. Maybe after Dad passes, things will change. But that could be several years.

Annie in Delaware

I have had the impression that it's like you're waiting for something.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    When I was studying for my Masters in Healthcare IT, I did research on how Insurance, costs, and pharmaceuticals influence the cost of healthcare AND the way medical personal are allowed to do things. Doesn’t matter where you are, these 3 things influence the cost to the ones who run the medical facilities (private, non-private, government run, non-profit, for profit, etc.) It is a shame how money runs the world, not intelligence.

I didn't realise you had a Masters in Healthcare IT ... kind of my area too. :)

M in Oz

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    edited February 9
    Options
    Today is: Pizza, chocolate, eat with friends, toothaches, reading in tub, and bagels (no LOX!). Oh, and a UFO hiding in that cloud above the mountain?? And don’t forget Machka and Pip and their biking!!

xgnqklwb5cyo.jpeg
    j7cj5cnq3ps8.jpeg
    owao7ly0kg1o.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited February 9
    Options
    Dia_R wrote: »
    I am huffing and puffing after working out with a video on TV for a grand total of eight minutes. My husband walked the dog around the block earlier this morning, and our step count is equivalent.

I have been logging every bite for the last week, and although I have felt deprived every single day, the scale hasn’t changed an ounce. I have so far to go, and it feels like I’m not making progress.

Discouraging!

A question for you: Do you LIKE working out with a video on TV? If not, is there something else you could do? Maybe walk along with your husband while he's walking the dog? Or walking by yourself - one block this week, til that gets easy, then two blocks next week until that gets easy, etc.

Then, branch out and add something else.

In my experience, if I like the exercise and can see rewards quickly - like not huffing and puffing so much and being able to lengthen the time I'm doing it, then I'm more likely to stick with it.

Good luck to you. :)

UPDATE: Great job on the 5# loss! You are on your way. :) Lisa and Barbie and Pip had great comments - some of us here go more for a goal "range" other than a specific number.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State