WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: clean, potable, iced spring water.
    No wii balance games or PT leg strengthening, needed to leave early for casserole-a-thon. We were short 2 or 3 people so it took twice as long to finish all 16 casseroles and 50 sandwiches. After 4 hours I ran out of steam, and left the last little bit of wrap up to Pastor’s wife and Pastor. Napped instead of pruning the dwarf apple, but braved the wind to walk the dogs to the powerline meadow.
    Any favorite adzuki or black bean recipes? Still shopping the pantry ;)
    Michelle in NV “I work hard to be a nice person” me2. My Mama who loved me told me I was officious and condescending and OH that RBF in the mirror :noway:
    Anna would you share a sample of your little cards?
    Heather you’ve been waiting so long, no news on the PT schedule?
    Kim that’s a positive outcome from the neighborhood kid’s bad habit. I love tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, maybe Thursday and it won’t be homemade soup (sorry Rita).
    Rita that diagnosis is not “nothing really” and you are entitled to your feelings. Brava for doing your research, knowledge IS power. Do you know why the renal diet recommends white rather than whole grain rice/bread/cereals?
    Lisa hope the referral comes through quickly.
    Heather :love: Bea’s birthday presents. Sparkly tights too?
    Michele I misted up when I read that you heard back from Bryan. You’ve come a long way baby.
    Tina I like your “less”es. Well done!
    Vicki tough to have to let someone go but ‘twere best done quickly. Sorry DH’s company didn’t withhold enough, that really stinks. I really hate having to pay so overwithholding is my friend.
    Carol :love: that you’ve got some sun to make you smile!
    Joy glad your GD is confident enough to be annoyed at the coach’s “bronze is not acceptable” attitude. SMH.
    Debbie Have you tried calling your mom’s landline? Sometimes phone/copper power comes on at central before house power in neighborhoods. Had to google “percussion frogs” Do yours sound like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X32OXzj6pPo
    Terri what was this weeks craft?
    Flea ((hugs)) and SMH.
    Rori my MD said I have “positional apnea” and should avoid sleeping on my back. He suggests piling up pillows or putting a tennis ball filled sock in the back of my shirt ?!? Are any of the mattresses you’re researching the kind that can elevate the head/shoulder area?
    Tracey so glad for that kind/ethical saleswoman and Rodger’s retroactive raise. Whew!
    Machka sounds like its time for a new GP. Good luck.
    2/6: Move mins- wii:0 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:19 Jeopardy walking:31 Steps:6378
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=12 CI<CO net=512 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, filing, casserole-a-thon Wt:132.3
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka sounds like its time for a new GP. Good luck.

Done!

I'm being monitored for diabetes and heart issues.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,423 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    Rori - We went with a nice, deep mattress topper on a reasonably priced mattress and have been happy with it for years now. Saves hundreds of dollars, gives us the comfort we want. Might even work on your current mattress. Just a thought. I see Lanette did the same thing.

Vicki - Hope you can find someone who can do the work and who wants to. Not easy these days, it seems, very much an employee's job market right now.

Annie - So pleased and proud of you for getting back on the horse (so to speak... :) ) I sluffed last week, and am trying to get myself going again.

Michele - So pleased to see the lines of communication with Bryan remain open.

To all our West Coasties - Hope the rains pass without too much damage.

Tracey - Thanks for the thought. It was about two months waiting time for the last knee replacement, if memory serves. Went to see him in early December, had the surgery in early February of 2019. Not great, but better than two years, certainly. I was sorry to hear about Toby Keith, too. He was on top of the charts when two of my brothers and my sister and I were doing karaoke, back in 1998, 1999. Great memories of a fun time with my family. I'd be miffed too about the friend's wheelbarrow... is it possible she doesn't have a way to haul it? So VERY pleased about Rodger's retro pay, raise, and benefits. Has his depression lifted at all? Hope the headache's lifted.

Heather - That is a fairy tale dress for Bea. Hope she likes it as much as we all do. I'm seeing two more reviews up for you besides mine - hopefully helpful with your publicity efforts.

Lanette - So pleased the girls were able to get some time and slug/bug-hunting in the yard...

More in a bit,

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I was up at 8,and slept well..fed the furbabies and went up and fed baby..
    Tom is stopping at 11 to.pick up Alfie for a couple of days so they have some doggie time.
    Then I have to run to the bank and then home.
    Trudy is on her wat to Morroco.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    i7tp3os1axp2.png My iPad is acting up!! This was in the previous post and I’m trying to edit my above post, but not letting me. I’ll try from my iPhone.

RVRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Debbie--I think the items you made from the 3-D printer amazing. Great find.
    All this talk about kidneys. I have labs done every 6 months and once a year they do the kidney test. I do go next Tuesday for my 6 month CT scan for my lungs.
    Not a lot else going on here. Thinking and praying for each of you.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Rita. We're not doing anything about my ckd. I'm trying not to let it bother me, but I had to bring up the diet. All he says is drink more water. I am doing my best to eat the DASH diet. Everyone probably should. So we are eating a lot more veggies, and I am avoiding beef. But not eliminating it entirely. The nephrologist has released me unless my GFR goes lower. It bounces around in the low 40s, with occasional dips into the high 30s. He says that's plenty of functionality. I don't know if he says that because of my mbc and I'm probably not going to die of kidney disease. I am wondering how his treatment of me compares to the treatment of others.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

FleaMy nephrologist was upset my GP didn’t tell me or send me sooner. My GFR is 46. He wanted to put me on Farxiga b/c my sugar has been going up (even with Keto) and my BP was way up. Cardiologist has BP going down so one more thing down. I have a choice with the Farxiga. It is too expensive for me and I know my insurance pays for all the BP meds and testing stuff for the glucose. I haven’t had to take any diabetes meds so will pass on the Farxiga. Thanks so much for your response! Helps me put things in perspective. Diet is everything! No more Keto but Renal diet now. And 80 oz of water a day according to doc. (He also says coffee is ok) LOL 🤷‍♀️

Machka Thanks for the info! I’m in stage 3 where my GFR bounces between 42 and 52. Diet is the way to go I am seeing. I have been following the Renal diet (I’ll post a snippet later) after researching and with my “metabolic acidosis” which is the type of CKD I have, I need to avoid Phosporus mostly, so reading ALOT of labels! LOL

Michelle in NV I like the soup idea! My DH does all the cooking and is making Menudo today. I’ll see if I can remember to take a pic. Also my DH does the same as yours. He starts to sort out the pile he has in the front of the RV but ends up making a worse mess. Not sure how he manages b/c he DOES toss a couple things each time. 🤪

RVRita who panics with medical stuff for nothing really, in Roswell, NM. 🛸👽

I share your frustration. My oncologist is the one who asked me, "has anyone told you that you have chronic kidney disease?" After she mentioned it, I went back to look at my historical labs, and I was in the 60s eight years ago, with a steady decline. It would have been nice if someone would have mentioned that I should at least pay attention and stop taking ibuprofen. That was my preferred pain reliever because I needed an anti inflammatory.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

Here is something my nephrologist gave me to help prevent the CKD from getting worse: Put in spoiler as pics are pretty big.
    lgpoudqea5mh.jpeg
    jdj618ob7h9x.jpeg
    zico7yi69sd0.jpeg