WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and watching the today show..
    Fed crazy cat,and went up and fed Baby..she loves her auntie Al..
    Tracy is feeling queasy now ,she brought animal crackers to work ,i told her saltines and gingerale.
    Old wives tale,if you get morning sickness your having a girl,,I was sooo sick with her.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Today is Clean your computer day! I forget who had the old computer with the sticky space key, but this fits! Take a Q-Tip (or similar) moisten with alcohol then use that to clean the keys on your keyboard. Be sure the device is off before starting! You may type or send something unwanted otherwise!! ⌨️. YUMMY Cream Puffs!! 💨

1624jcurazz2.jpeg
    dtex8lidyp4y.jpeg
    76670q8m73vz.jpeg
    6t6dka05ydhm.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Still no watch. Since I feel better today, will try to remember and re-enact my steps when I lost it. Has to be in RV according to the
    Find My app, so need to try something!!

Going to try to do my squats today. Skipped 2 days now to get back to it!!

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Still no watch. Since I feel better today, will try to remember and re-enact my steps when I lost it. Has to be in RV according to the

RVRita

I need to get back doing them-did good a few days then haven't been back doing them since I went to mom's.

Went the whole weekend with out using the nebulizer after using it at least twice a day for over 6 weeks. Still not totally better but a lot better than I was.

Heading up to storage to drop off half the Christmas stuff and some other misc. that I want up there so it isn't in the garage or house. Will make another run up next week for the rest of it. I will be pulling out the triplet stroller that has been up there in about a month and try and sell it- not the right time of year for it right now.

Class tonight then get together with them at the Mexican place

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options

Today’s gratitude: Zicam ;}
    Yesterday’s gratitude:1.5 lbs less after wolfing down a half dozen ginger snaps Saturday night. Go figure. ;}
    Tracey :love: :love: :Love: the remodel. Will you come to Oregon and do mine? :laugh: Fingers X’d for Kaitlyn.
    Machka love the “our brains…” and “…music” memes, and especially the “derive pleasure from the happiness of others for things you don’t understand and would never appreciate otherwise.” Love this.
    Michelle in NV your soups (especially the Mexican corn chowder) look mouthwatering. Yes beer cheese soup does taste like beer and cheese, the stronger tasting beer used, the more so ;) I can’t help trying to respond to most posts, it’s a character flaw/trained response I’d like to outgrow.
    Ginny Fingers X’d for a second opinions with better options than “some women just have this bad luck”
    Lanette “…since Jason Momoa…” :laugh:
    Heather “…no possibility of making a future appointment” ?!? And I thought our US system was floundering. ((hugs)) Well done on creating that reel.
    Annie it is so very sad. Are there other modes of communication you could try? Hope the snow event is more beautiful than heavy.
    Lisa so excited for John and Soraya’s move nearer to you! “…chili with beans - which is not really chili. . .” you Texas gal you :laugh:
    KJ does your oven have a convection bake setting? No need for an air fryer ;)
    Rita hope you find that watch soon. Very interested in following your experience. “National peppermint patty day” Does anyone else remember Campfire Girl mints? They were the best!!!
    Michele good of you to be concerned for Jerry despite all he’s put you through. :heart: Safe travels!
    Carol SMH at that teacher commenting on your difficulties with math to other students. Some people! Have you tried Bon Ami on the stained corelle bowls?
    Beth fingers X’d for the CT scan and implant. Glad you’re expectations are realistict but I confess I’m excited for you.
    Okie Hooray for your uncle!
    Allie appointment with gastro BEFORE colonoscopy?
    Joy what a grief for their parents to watch your niece and nephew loose their hearing. Thankful for the implants’ good results.
    Rebecca OF COURSE you eldest loved the Ramen bowl plushie! You knew he would! ;} Great pics!
    Kylia “…I can get nasty if I am trying to work on important stuffs and keep getting interrupted…” ditto. Maybe even more than nasty. . . :rage:
    Margaret brava for getting back into routines. ((hugs))
    Cleaning computers, imho if you have no canned air, a sticky note folded so the sticky edge faces out can be used to pull crumbs/dust/schmutz out from between keys.
    Barbie good luck at the DDS. Breathe…
    Debbie glad you’re starting to feel better, at last!
    2/11: Move mins- wii:0 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 Jeopardy walking:82 Steps:6404
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=11 CI<CO net=580 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, M, H, fellowship prep, church, line dance youtubes, spreadheets and email. Wt:131.4
    Whoops! Way past time to get up off my butt
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Tracey-Love the blue and the whole thing looks so nice. Enjoyed the pictures of Aspen and Jeb.
    Rosemarie--HUGS.
    Beth-- A lady from church has the cochlear implant and I guess I forget she has them most the time when talking with her. I guess I just know they are a part of her. Know she has good results with hers.
    Rebecca--So happy for you and this time with your boys. I hope you are taking lots of pictures.
    Not bad for a Monday. Just feeling blaaa. Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/chispa- *pushed Lucy in buggy*- 1hr 48min 28sec, 22elev, 3.30ap, 94ahr, 128mhr, 6.01mi= 598c
    Strava app = 736c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 17min 31sec, 45arpm, 446elev, 108aw, 19.4amph, 104ahr, 130mhr, 25.07mi= 408c
    Strava app = 480c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 17min 33sec, 449elev, 108aw, 44arpm, 19.42amph, 25.1mi= 481c

Total cal 1006.

Grout work on the shower and kitchen being done now
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited February 12
    Options
    Pip ~ Are you getting your shower regrouted? I have been using mold spray on the tiles in my shower and it's working a bit but not perfect. The tiles are white and easily get moldy.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in February 12, 2024

Rita in Roswell, NM - Water weight gain this week of 7 pounds. What happens when I don’t feel well and do nothing for a couple of days!

Lanette in SW WA State – weight staying in goal range, waist/hip ratio continues at .76. Upping calcium sources – some are paired with protein, like dairy products, and some are plant based like collards, kale, greens. Something new to track and new recipes to search for.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    @Anniesquats100

Alzheimer's is one form of dementia and may or may not be what your father has, but you may be able to use some of these resources. There may be caregiver groups you can meet with either in person or virtually.

Alzheimer's Toolkit
    https://dhss.delaware.gov/dsaapd/alzheimers_toolkit.html

https://www.alz.org/professionals/public-health/state-overview/delaware

Machka in Oz

I believe he also needs the diagnosis, correct? Can you talk with his doctor about getting him tested? That might help make more resources available.

I know all of this is overwhelming, especially as you are also dealing with the grief related to your mother's loss.

Hugs to you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »

RVRita

Did you tuck in a blanket or tuck away towels or something? Something where your arms reach in under a mattress or between towels or clothing?