WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies -

Katiebug, Machka, Rita, - all of you who went back to school in your later years and got advanced degrees - so proud of you. <3

Kylia - your YGD reminds me of YOU with the energizer bunny/hurt foot/keep going attitude. Glad you got some paperwork done and still were able to enjoy the game.

Rebecca - I got chills seeing your boys together. I know you are enjoying every minute of their reunion. <3

Lisa - enjoy your visitors. Have the kids secured a landing spot they'll permanently move to after the visit?

Rita - how maddening your lost watch is so nearby but not in sight.

Michele - those socks look interesting, I'll mention them to my foot doc when I go in on March 4th. Safe travels!

Beth - great news with the cochlear implant. Sounds like many people have success with it. I remember when I was a kid, I knew an older fellow who got a hearing aid, maybe one of the first. As I recall, he wore complicated head gear. I'm curious to see how improved hearing will impact your other senses - if they will at all. As you mentioned brains change a little with improved hearing.

Margaret - after my DH passed, I appreciated the power of quiet.

Pedometer story: I have been using an inexpensive pedometer I just stick in my pocket, got it from Amazon last year. Found some at Walmart last week and picked up one for T and one for myself as a spare. I wondered how it would measure up against the one I currently use. The new one records almost exactly 2/3 of the steps the old one records. It has a "10 - step delay" which I think accounts for discrepancy. Not sure how long the period of inactivity has to be - such as sitting in front of this laptop for a few minutes, but if it's not counting initial steps or the 10 steps I take to the bathroom, for example, no wonder. I told T to just multiply her steps by 1.5 and it will be more accurate.

Waiting for a return call from the PUD. One of these days they are going to want to replace a power pole in their right of way on the back of my property. The previous landowner planted a lot of trees back there, and I sure hope they don't have to remove them to get the job done. We planted some evergreens this side of the right of way in case that would ever happen, but not many.

Though if those trees were gone, it would make it a lot easier to mow. So crossing fingers what ever happens will work out for the best.

Make it a great week. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Do the pedometers have the ability to change settings such as turning the step delay off and more importantly being able to enter stride length?

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well poor Tracy got whatever Miles had which includes a fever
    ,she is panicking because she is 6 weeks along , and how do you rest which she is trying to do with a 2 yr old,unless she puts on Nightmare before Christmas, which he will sit through.
    I wish I could do more.. but I don't want to get the creepin crud either..
    Just keep her in your thoughts that it is quick passing,she goes for her first ultrasound on Wednesday.
    We are supposed to get a pile of snow tomorrow..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Machka - I can change the stride length on the new pedometer, and I lengthened it since I have long legs, I think it was pre-set at 24". Maybe make it smaller? Suggestions welcome!

Lanette
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Monday!

Quiet I crave it especially at end of work day or when working on an involved project. My SIL like my DH always has something turned on for noise. When DH would go away for weekend, I rarely turned on TV or music. Just noise overload.

Speaking of DH.....he complained about not going to KY all week, then decided not to go. SMH. I hung out with him Saturday watching mindless TV. Yesterday I had to buckle down to pay property taxes and gather tax stuffs for accountant. No noise in back room and DH was good at basically leaving me alone. I can get nasty if I am trying to work on important stuffs and keep getting interrupted. I still need to put some papers in his file cabinet, but ran out of time yesterday. The upside is I have nothing urgent as of this morning. Did take a moment to start putting all accounts in my just in case book. Had friends coming for Super bowl watch (I sually like commercials and halftime) . This was our dessert night with added appetizers. I had planned on making chicken salad and brownie bites. Chose paperwork instead, so bought those things. It was still good. Relaxing evening. Kitchen cleaned and dishwasher running while watching game.

Last week was not good for goals. Lots of blanks on my calendar. I am hoping for a better goal oriented week. Slowly but surely catching up on past due projects. I did finish one book and started another.

Beth I am happy for you getting implant. So many people won't even wear hearing aids!

Rebecca I am so happy for you! We told you oldest would love his pillow! :)

UTIs When I was in my 20s and early 30's UTIs were a bi-weekly thing. Allergy to sulfa drugs developed as I was on them so much. Doctor finally put me on a really low does of an antibiotic for a year. I will say that I don't think I have had but maybe one since then. Hugs to those suffering with them. The last three years it has been fighting yeast infections-ugh.

I know there was more I wanted to comment on, but must get ready for work.

Healing thoughts!
    Congratulations on successes!
    Safe travels!

Grateful you are all here!
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio

Yep he loved it! Before the laughing photo he was smiling like a Japanese school.girl, with head tilted and making a peace sign... I missed it!😂😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies -

Katiebug, Machka, Rita, - all of you who went back to school in your later years and got advanced degrees - so proud of you. <3

Kylia - your YGD reminds me of YOU with the energizer bunny/hurt foot/keep going attitude. Glad you got some paperwork done and still were able to enjoy the game.

Rebecca - I got chills seeing your boys together. I know you are enjoying every minute of their reunion. <3

Lisa - enjoy your visitors. Have the kids secured a landing spot they'll permanently move to after the visit?

Rita - how maddening your lost watch is so nearby but not in sight.

Michele - those socks look interesting, I'll mention them to my foot doc when I go in on March 4th. Safe travels!

Beth - great news with the cochlear implant. Sounds like many people have success with it. I remember when I was a kid, I knew an older fellow who got a hearing aid, maybe one of the first. As I recall, he wore complicated head gear. I'm curious to see how improved hearing will impact your other senses - if they will at all. As you mentioned brains change a little with improved hearing.

Margaret - after my DH passed, I appreciated the power of quiet.

Pedometer story: I have been using an inexpensive pedometer I just stick in my pocket, got it from Amazon last year. Found some at Walmart last week and picked up one for T and one for myself as a spare. I wondered how it would measure up against the one I currently use. The new one records almost exactly 2/3 of the steps the old one records. It has a "10 - step delay" which I think accounts for discrepancy. Not sure how long the period of inactivity has to be - such as sitting in front of this laptop for a few minutes, but if it's not counting initial steps or the 10 steps I take to the bathroom, for example, no wonder. I told T to just multiply her steps by 1.5 and it will be more accurate.

Waiting for a return call from the PUD. One of these days they are going to want to replace a power pole in their right of way on the back of my property. The previous landowner planted a lot of trees back there, and I sure hope they don't have to remove them to get the job done. We planted some evergreens this side of the right of way in case that would ever happen, but not many.

Though if those trees were gone, it would make it a lot easier to mow. So crossing fingers what ever happens will work out for the best.

Make it a great week. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Thanks! Yes they are busy playing video games, and showing each other music videos. I made eldest his chicken fried rice today. Its 1/2 container of bacon cut up and fried, 7 chicken tenders cubed, 5 eggs scrambled, and 4 cups (12 cups cooked) of white rice, plus sauces etc. Its a protein packed meal!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :) My visit to the dentist went very well today. The hygienist who was there the last two time is gone. She was too harsh and bossy and critical. The new one was delightful and had some new apparatus that helped me not feel like too much liquid was going down my throat threatening to choke me. I have all my teeth and they have served me well. I want to keep them.

:) Today Jake made an appointment with an attorney to update our will. Our last attorney retired and Jake has some things he wants changed. I'm not too concerned about what happens to my stuff after I die except that I want the dogs cared for. I plan to write the last check and have nothing to leave to anyone.

<3 Barbie In NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    I am thinking about Valentine's Day and glad I don't have to participate this year. I have lots of wonderful memories of various men, but no regrets. My only true love is chocolate!

Annie in Delaware

Like Halloween, Valentines is kind of a non-event here.

There isn't much in the stores and I haven't heard anyone talking about it.

I will go to work ... I have a report due. If I think of it later, I might wear red or pink.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My visit to the dentist went very well today. The hygienist who was there the last two time is gone. She was too harsh and bossy and critical. The new one was delightful and had some new apparatus that helped me not feel like too much liquid was going down my throat threatening to choke me. I have all my teeth and they have served me well. I want to keep them.

:) Today Jake made an appointment with an attorney to update our will. Our last attorney retired and Jake has some things he wants changed. I'm not too concerned about what happens to my stuff after I die except that I want the dogs cared for. I plan to write the last check and have nothing to leave to anyone.

<3 Barbie In NW WA

Ah ... Rhody. I hadn't thought about him!

With my previous cats, it would have been my mother but now I am not sure.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: mild temps and no wind made for a pleasant walk to the powerline meadow.
    2/12: Move mins- wii:11 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:18 line dance class:65 Jeopardy walking:9 Steps:7523
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=23 CI<CO net=853 vits=.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, pickup Shadow’s rX. Wt:131.4
    Read everyone but just too sleepy to comment.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.